Set in stone

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Cabanas Blue

Set in stone

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:02 pm

Town boss Kieran McKenna says keeping the existing squad intact during the January transfer window is “set in stone”.

The Blues’ impressive first half of the season has led to Premier League clubs running the rule over their first-team regulars but McKenna says Town have no intention of letting anyone move on in this window.

“I think that's pretty clear,” he said. “One priority going into every window is keeping your group together if you're doing well. That's set in stone for us, to be honest.
Anything that we bring in, of course, we've lost an important player, but other than that, anything that we bring in will hopefully add to what's already here.”

Earlier in the week, keeper Vaclav Hladky’s agent revealed that the Czech had received some interest from other clubs, with Celtic having been linked, but with an extension to his Town terms, which are up in the summer, and promotion his priority.

Quizzed on a longer-term deal for the 33-year-old, McKenna added: “All these discussions are not at the forefront of my mind. They'll be for once we get through this period and be also partly for [CEO] Mark [Ashton] and the club to discuss with representatives.

“My focus is on helping the group prepare for the next game and trying to keep improving and keep performing. And Vaz been an important part of that in the last two years.

“But obviously, especially with the number of games he has started in the last few months, his focus will be 100 per cent on the games coming up.

“My focus is on 100 per cent on the games coming up and any contractual issues with any of the players really, that’s certainly not for this week.

“And it's also more suitable that players focus on what's ahead of them and let the representation conduct those conversations with the club

hallamblue

Re: Set in stone

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 pm

Excellent on the one hand as McK is making an unambiguous statement of support and stability to our existing players. Which then leads me to wonder how the club will be able to bring in new players?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:00 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 pm
Excellent on the one hand as McK is making an unambiguous statement of support and stability to our existing players. Which then leads me to wonder how the club will be able to bring in new players.
Liz: Keiran bringing in another two strikers is an absolute must, period we have not got good enough recognised strikers in Jackson or Freddie if we are serious about promotion we have to back up our existing squad, with 2 strikers especially if Keiran is going to still rotate the team, Jay Stansfield of Fulham or Amad Diallo Man U tick the right slots, will probably be someone different but both of these mentioned would be a bonus

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:22 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:00 am
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 pm
Excellent on the one hand as McK is making an unambiguous statement of support and stability to our existing players. Which then leads me to wonder how the club will be able to bring in new players.
Liz: Keiran bringing in another two strikers is an absolute must, period we have not got good enough recognised strikers in Jackson or Freddie if we are serious about promotion we have to back up our existing squad, with 2 strikers especially if Keiran is going to still rotate the team, Jay Stansfield of Fulham or Amad Diallo Man U tick the right slots, will probably be someone different but both of these mentioned would be a bonus
Amad Diallo is only just back from a serious injury and is likely to be in the Afcon squad so it's a no for me.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:26 am

Conor Wickham is a free agent atm I hear. Wonder if he could play a pay as you play emergency cover over next month?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:53 am

God no Liz, please not.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:59 am

Lol :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:54 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:26 am
Conor Wickham is a free agent atm I hear. Wonder if he could play a pay as you play emergency cover over next month?
Overrated rubbish. Even as a teenager! Stir stir stir……..
…… what about a current Blackpool striker who is world class!! No exaggeration. :shock:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:54 am
hallamblue wrote:
…… what about a current Blackpool striker who is world class!! No exaggeration. :shock:
I'll take the high Rhodes and you take the low Rhodes and Oh your already in Scotland .😂😂.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:08 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:54 am
hallamblue wrote:
I'll take the high Rhodes and you take the low Rhodes and Oh your already in Scotland .😂😂.
:lol: 👍