Al-Hamadi

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

herforder

Re: Al-Hamadi

Post by herforder » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:58 pm

Lots of words spoken and media stuff across most platforms to be digested and analysed - as for all new signings.

Time to ponder how KM will start to integrate AAH into the squad, and ultimately the first team. Obviously lots of work on the training field to get him up to speed on team set up, KM’s playing philosophy and what will be required from him once selected.
Potentially all quite daunting for a comparatively young pro, who’s made a significant jump up the pyramid. Hopefully, being a talented and eager to learn individual, he’ll adjust quickly and effectively. All signs from his interview suggest so.

Patience is key as all that goes on; it might take a dollop of time, and nobody would want to see his confidence affected by hasty judgements in the early days of his time here. However, KM will be aware of the need for careful management, and I think we’ll find that we’ve got ourselves a real gem, with great future potential. Really looking forward to seeing him take that first step. A part to play at Preston?

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:00 pm

herforder wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:58 pm
Lots of words spoken and media stuff across most platforms to be digested and analysed - as for all new signings.

Time to ponder how KM will start to integrate AAH into the squad, and ultimately the first team. Obviously lots of work on the training field to get him up to speed on team set up, KM’s playing philosophy and what will be required from him once selected.
Potentially all quite daunting for a comparatively young pro, who’s made a significant jump up the pyramid. Hopefully, being a talented and eager to learn individual, he’ll adjust quickly and effectively. All signs from his interview suggest so.

Patience is key as all that goes on; it might take a dollop of time, and nobody would want to see his confidence affected by hasty judgements in the early days of his time here. However, KM will be aware of the need for careful management, and I think we’ll find that we’ve got ourselves a real gem, with great future potential. Really looking forward to seeing him take that first step. A part to play at Preston?
Spot on! We must give him time. I suspect he will be involved off the bench at Preston given how dire out striking problem is.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:06 pm

I am expecting an Ivan Sproule scenario from Al Hamadi @ Deep(sh1t)dale......., Institute --->> Hibs , debut v The now defunct Rangers @ Ibrox...., scores hat-trick.

"You can cross it Chappy
Chappy you can cross it, a tap in for Al"

Another song. To the tune of "You can Call me Al" by Paul Simon

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:45 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:06 pm
I am expecting an Ivan Sproule scenario from Al Hamadi @ Deep(sh1t)dale......., Institute --->> Hibs , debut v The now defunct Rangers @ Ibrox...., scores hat-trick.

"You can cross it Chappy
Chappy you can cross it, a tap in for Al"

Another song. To the tune of "You can Call me Al" by Paul Simon
:D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:02 pm

Lol gotta feel some sympathy for AFC Wimbledon fans… but this is funny….

https://twitter.com/sw19resistance/stat ... huckle%2F3

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:02 pm
Lol gotta feel some sympathy for AFC Wimbledon fans… but this is funny….

https://twitter.com/sw19resistance/stat ... huckle%2F3
That is brilliant!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:04 pm

A lot of positive comments for AH's debut:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24097248.i ... dis-debut/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:30 pm

Yes this guy could be a real gem and with Moore quite a potent strike force in the remaining games. I loved it when Moore scored the second, most celebrated and went back for kick off while Hamadi ran to get the ball out of the Preston goal, loved that.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 am

They will make a super partnership up front which is what we have been craving for strikers that can score, I can't wait for WBA's visit on Saturday and to have Burgess back with Axel in central defence.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:51 pm

This is a really good piece from the EADT, with Morsy speaking of new signing Al-Hamadi. I get a good feeling about him.

"Ipswich Town: Captain Sam Morsy praises January recruit Ali Al-Hamadi

IPSWICH TOWN FC
Sam Morsy believes that Ali Al-Hamadi can have an immediate impact at Ipswich Town (Image: Ross Halls)
Ipswich Town captain Sam Morsy revealed that he met Ali Al-Hamadi long before his move to Portman Road, and he believes that the January recruit can have an immediate impact despite making the jump from League Two to the Championship.

The 21-year-old made the switch to Suffolk after a run of red-hot form at AFC Wimbledon, bagging 27 goals and eight assists in 48 games for Johnnie Jackson’s side.

He made his debut for the Blues in last week’s defeat to Preston North End, looking lively in a nine-minute cameo where he almost found the back of the net.

Morsy has tracked Al-Hamadi’s career leading up to his latest move, and he’s delighted to see him join the Ipswich squad as they continue to battle for promotion to the Premier League.

“I met him a few years ago,” the midfielder explained. “We always kept in touch on social media and I’ve always said to him, ‘look, if there’s anything you need, please contact me. I’m happy to help you.’

“He’s such a good young lad as well. He’s got an infectious attitude and wants to do really well. He’s a really mature, funny guy, and it’s great to have him on board.

“Obviously I’ll help him as much as I can to develop as a player and a person.”

As a 21-year-old with no previous Championship experience, it may take time for Al-Hamadi to properly adapt to the level. The gap between the two divisions is big, and while he clearly has the potential to be an excellent player at the top level, patience will be needed for him to reach that stage.

That being said, Morsy believes that he’s ready to have an impact both on and off the pitch, and with the platform to improve even further at Town, it makes him a ‘brilliant signing’ for the club.

“He’s only young but he’s very mature for his age,” the Egyptian said. “His background, he’s very happy to be here and he’s hungry. He’s looked really good in training, he’s lightning fast, he’s a finisher. I’m describing a really good player here, aren’t I?

“He’s good and he wants to do well. He’s got a great attitude – he’s not your normal 21-year-old, he’s very mature.

“I’m expecting a really big second half of the season from him, to be honest, because he’s ready. You can see when he comes on, he attacks everything well, he’s powerful, he’s aggressive. He’s going to be a really good signing.

“He gets stuck in straight away. He’s a very confident lad, like most Scousers are, really! They don’t take long to settle in, and he’s settled in straight away. He’s certainly added something to the dressing room, which is great.

“He’s fearless as well, and he should be, because he’s done really well to earn this move. He’s going to keep kicking on and produce what got him the move.”

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:12 pm

Yeah I got a sense of his maturity when I read his first interview. He also appears to be strong and fit. He will be aiming for success not only for Ipswich, but also his family and country. I wish him well!