Sunderland Sack Michael Beale.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Sunderland Sack Michael Beale.

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Michael Beale: Sunderland sack head coach after 12 games.

My Black Cat mates will be delighted tonight.

Cabanas Blue

Re: Sunderland Sack Michael Beale.

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Sunderland and Birmingham both made a mistake by sacking managers this season when both were doing well.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 am

I think Beale’s disgraceful behaviour towards the young full back on Saturday as he left the pitch having been subbed was the final straw with thousands of fans calling for his sacking.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:10 am

If the owners continue to insist on deciding which players are bought and sold with no input from the manager and select the team without consulting the manager, they may find it difficult filling the vacancy with anyone decent.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 am

Certainly seems to be a lot of unrest at Sunderland at this moment in time.
Many of the fans are not impressed with the owners, both in terms of them not consulting with the manager in regarding recruitment and sales of players, but also the lack of investment in the playing squad. Must admit I expected them to kick on this season after securing a playoff spot last year.
Guess it shows that it is not always easy to repeat a successful season and therefore is key that you make the most of opportunities when they arise.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 am

…and your final sentence Shed is why I don’t buy into the theory of it may be best for us to have another season the the Championship before getting promotion to the Premier League. As I see it we may not get a better opportunity than the one we have at the moment and whilst it’s there we have to go full tilt to try and take it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 am

I agree, in what world is it better not to go up, as much as I dislike a lot to do with the Premier League we really have to go full tilt at it.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:27 am

I feel this is where our owners deserve a lot of credit in the way they have backed the manager. He said that the squad needed strengthening in the January window and they provided the funds to do so. He stated that the training facilities at Playford Road needed upgrading and work has started on that project.
I have no doubt that KM is a very ambitious person and if what he feels is the right opportunity comes along he will move on. However, given the backing he has received from the owners at ITFC I feel that will have some influence before he makes his decision to go elsewhere.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 pm

Think i said somewhere on this site that he wouldnt last the season. If only that type of prediction-ing could transfer over!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:06 pm

I think Sunderland fans feel they are a "massive club" and should be in the PL ...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:21 pm

Can see their thinking in terms of massive club. They're not Arsenal but Newcastle Utd do help in making them a big club. Their fans will argue they're massive in their own right.

Think ITFC have SBR to thank for skirting around the argument of "massive club". Can't speak for everyone but would probably reckon both are close with the NE club edging it in terms of "name" around the globe. .......

...... Or across the flat earth! Whatever rocks your mental institute bound boat.

(Not hijacking, 9, apologies....... But just had the most insane conv at a merchants meeting :shock: A few fruitcakes out there)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:21 pm
(Not hijacking, 9, apologies....... But just had the most insane conv at a merchants meeting :shock: A few fruitcakes out there)
You mean the flat earth wackos? :lol:

Yeah there is supposedly quite a following over here. :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:27 pm
marko69 wrote:

Wackos really is being kind. I was a tad shocked. This guys idea of what the sun and the moon are?? I mean, just throw away the f**king key ffs.
This guy was then leaving to install gas pipes. If he was my employee, there'd be an emergency meeting taking place,for sure.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:35 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:27 pm
marko69 wrote:

Wackos really is being kind. I was a tad shocked. This guys idea of what the sun and the moon are?? I mean, just throw away the f**king key ffs.
This guy was then leaving to install gas pipes. If he was my employee, there'd be an emergency meeting taking place.
When I was a news cameraman in Texas we did a story on a local flat-earth chapter. Me and the reporter agreed not to make eye contact during the interview for fear of laughing! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:38 pm

^^ :lol: ^^

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:15 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:06 pm
I think Sunderland fans feel they are a "massive club" and should be in the PL ...
Could be fair to say they've fallen into third place behind Middlesbrough in terms of North-East's biggest teams at present time or at least in terms of being able to challenge or get something done. So many (amateur) analysists label them as favorites to win a league outside of the EPL each time a new season gets underway and why's that, because they're Sunderland AFC and they're supposedly 'bigger than the rest' or 'have a larger stadium' or 'they got a divine right to be expected to finish above all others'.

12 weeks their manager gets fired, it's bullshit but nothing new. Been similar scenarios ongoing this season throughout the leagues although believe Beale may just have had the shortest time. For a team that's won two F.A. Cups in entire history and dubious distinction of providing Norwich their only tangible Cup 'success' throughout their own club history it's sometimes tough viewing them as (any) bigger than many would believe.

Only thing left to wonder being what sucker will be provided the task next to get them promoted this season. Either way, it's somehow between slim and zero them making it. Just don't - in fact no longer - have the belief or consistency to realistically challenge and that's that.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:13 pm

Aberdeen 3rd biggest in Scotland. Now Boro are a bigger outfit than Sunderland? 🤦‍♂️
Do you actually say these things in company, Saint? :lol: 🤷‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:04 pm

Next it will be Brechin are bigger than Forfar, I mean come on.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 pm

Looks like Millwall are about to sack Joe Edwards
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... t-manager/
Bonkers!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:57 pm

Just gets sillier by the day