Two more interesting Stats.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Two more interesting Stats.

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:53 pm

With 2 more scored yesterday Ipswich subs have now scored 20 Championship goals which is the most goals scored by subs of any team in English football so far this season. We’ve also scored more goals than any other team after 75mins. This team certainly never know when they’re beat and have now scored the most goals (19) in the final 15 mins bar Liverpool who are the only English team to have scored more.

This is certainly proving to be an incredible season💙

number 9

Re: Two more interesting Stats.

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:25 am

Yeah but, how many teams have Rotherham scored 3 against? Just saying…

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:33 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:25 am
Yeah but, how many teams have Rotherham scored 3 against? Just saying…
:lol: That's a great point actually, they have sored 5 against us including the away game. The reason we score so many late on is down to the conditioning of the players. Fitness has been excellent 👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:58 am

Is it ? What actually is the point ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am

We all know that defensively we need to improve but if anybody can’t appreciate the entertainment that this team has provided over the past 18 months maybe football is not the game for them.
I believe that some of the defensive issues would have been dealt with in the January window but when Hirst got injured our priorities changed immediately. I think that Al-Hamadi was on our radar for a while as the management could see the potential and the future re-sale value. Therefore, we wanted to continue to pursue him. However, when we then needed to find a experienced striker to be a replacement for Hirst our budget which was going to be spent on the defence went by the board.
We may very well miss out on promotion because of defensive issues but whatever happens this season has been a hell of a ride and I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:48 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:58 am
Is it ? What actually is the point ?
Our ability to score so many goals and comeback from behind truly is amazing. However, if we would have won all those draws we’d still be holding an automatic promotion position.

That’s the point.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:56 am

Nothing to do with Rotherham scoring Three though ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:12 am

The thread has nothing to do with defending. It was intended to be a discussion about the impact of McKenna’s substitution’s and their goal tally and in particular our record scoring late goals. Both at the top of the table ranking all clubs in English football.

Unfortunately there’s always someone around who prefers to focus on negatives rather than positives.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:18 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am
We all know that defensively we need to improve but if anybody can’t appreciate the entertainment that this team has provided over the past 18 months maybe football is not the game for them.
I believe that some of the defensive issues would have been dealt with in the January window but when Hirst got injured our priorities changed immediately. I think that Al-Hamadi was on our radar for a while as the management could see the potential and the future re-sale value. Therefore, we wanted to continue to pursue him. However, when we then needed to find a experienced striker to be a replacement for Hirst our budget which was going to be spent on the defence went by the board.
We may very well miss out on promotion because of defensive issues but whatever happens this season has been a hell of a ride and I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’ve not given up yet Tony. Another little snippet I read this morning is that the 72 points we’ve already bagged after just 34 games is 2 more than secured Coventry a play off place last season finishing 5th.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:58 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:12 am
Unfortunately there’s always someone around who prefers to focus on negatives rather than positives.
You mean like many of the post Rotherham match comments? :wink:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:58 am
Charnwood wrote:
Surely that’s where they should be ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:29 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:18 am
Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am

I’ve not given up yet Tony. Another little snippet I read this morning is that the 72 points we’ve already bagged after just 34 games is 2 more than secured Coventry a play off place last season finishing 5th.
I certainly haven’t given up Andy. I said awhile back on another thread the one advantage I feel we have is we went through this scenario last season where it was a case of us having to win virtually all our games at the business end of the season. I do believe the owners have given us the best shot they can under the current financial regulations.
As I stated, whatever happens between now and the end of the season it has been a hell of a ride!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:18 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:58 am
Charnwood wrote:
Surely that’s where they should be ?
Fair point. Sometimes I forget about the Marcus Evan's era. We really should be grateful for the manager and squad and infrastructure we now have. We've accomplished incredible heights and I'm sure if we're all patient enough, we will accomplish even more.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:08 pm

The depth we now have on attack is the main reason I believe we will gain automatic promotion. To be able to rotate Chaplin, Sarmiento , Moore, Hutchinson and Al-Hamada up front down the stretch here gives me the belief.