Norwich Away Game

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lucy

Norwich Away Game

Post by lucy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:21 pm

As expected it's been moved to a 12:30pm kickoff on Saturday 6th April for Sky

Shed on tour

Re: Norwich Away Game

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:31 pm

Every time I go to that dump I say “That’s the last time I come here”.This year I have even more reason not to go as it’s my birthday that day. Will I? Knowing me, probably.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 pm

Sadly no chance of a tkt for this one

lucy

Post by lucy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:57 pm

I've been there twice and neither experience was particularly pleasant so I'll watch it on Sky

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:14 pm

I’ve been to Carrow Road more times than I dare to remember and can honestly say I’ve not once really enjoyed it. Not even my first game there in 1968 when we won 4-3 with the help of a Colin Viljoen hat trick. Traveled up the A140 on a scooter which wasn’t particularly pleasant in February and had a sh*t view of the game. Never liked that ground and never will.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm

You couldn’t pay ME to go to that sh*t hole. The police are a disgrace in their treatment towards Town fans. And it’s not just happened once either , in fact everytime I’ve been there I’ve been amazed at how Town fans get treated by the police.

God knows what the ticket prices will be. Last time I went (6-7yrs ago?) it was £40 then. I will never give that shower of sh*t my money again. It’s not a nice experience going there and that’s got absolutely nothing to do with their fan base either.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:04 pm

It's true the police are w*nkers when we go there, last time we were being herded like cattle along the path from the station to the stadium and it was so tight you had no room, I literally put one foot down into the gutter and one of the smart arsed coppers who lined the route with batons in hand pushed me so hard I almost knocked the guy next to me right over, absolute tossers of the highest order.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:21 pm

Don't suppose the majority there speak highly of Portman Road but moving start time from (guess 3:00) to the one in question is no real surprise. We're not the biggest most intense rivalry in World "football" but the propensity for crowd disorder will always be prevalent when these two get it on. Really want to win because not only will it aid the automatic promotion bid but it'll put a dent in their own play-off aspirations. They go on and on about the goddamn years spent since we last had a win over them, victory is essential to eradicate such statistic.

While at it, Anyone go to the 1985 League Cup return game. Always wondered just what memories or recollection people got from that night (if there) other than the resounding disappointment of defeat. Somebody somewhere can or should maybe share their experience.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:29 pm

I must admit it’s one of my least liked football grounds anywhere in the EFL and this has absolutely nothing to do with them being our closest rivals.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:04 pm
It's true the police are w*nkers when we go there, last time we were being herded like cattle along the path from the station to the stadium and it was so tight you had no room, I literally put one foot down into the gutter and one of the smart arsed coppers who lined the route with batons in hand pushed me so hard I almost knocked the guy next to me right over, absolute tossers of the highest order.
Horrendous what some policemen think they can get away with.
But also worth knowing that they are pretty well protected. Know a guy who was caught up in an altercation with an over zealous policeman, headbutted the copper, and got SIX MONTHS in jail. 🤦‍♂️😳

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:16 pm

But speaking of grounds and travelling fans……. There is really no need for fans to meet at Easter Road with the position of the ground and the way the streets lead off. Away fans can get away with ease.

Not so at Tynecastle park. Everyone emptied onto Gorgie Road. Can get quite sketchy.

What about Carrow Road? Can you get away ok without having to deal with stuff?

Been to 3 Old Farm derbies at PR, (2 draws & a loss; jinx) …… and from memory, there was no problems at all. No incidents. All were in the 90s.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:16 pm
But speaking of grounds and travelling fans……. There is really no need for fans to meet at Easter Road with the position of the ground and the way the streets lead off. Away fans can get away with ease.

Not so at Tynecastle park. Everyone emptied onto Gorgie Road. Can get quite sketchy.

Been to 3 Old Farm derbies at PR, (2 draws & a loss; jinx) …… and from memory, there was no problems at all. No incidents. All were in the 90s.
Can't say I have seen trouble between fans when leaving Carrow Road after a game, just the usual verbals. Tbh have had more problems with the old bill in trying to get back to the car after the game and being frog marched back to the station when I wasn't even going on the train.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:16 pm

We had to deal with an ambush one time when a group of the scummy cnuts took a back road route that evaded the police and brought them right to the entrance to the station, all tooled up with sticks and bars wanting to try their luck, the police blamed us of course but nothing came of it.

You walk one side of the road when you leave the stadium and they tend to be on the other, it's very easy to get embroiled in a ruck if you so wish, have seen more than one minor scuffle over the years but they normally sh*t themselves and run.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:22 pm

You’ve never seen any “bother” at derby games, Shed? :shock: I bet you’ve been to a few as well. Even in the 70s / 80s?
Edinburgh derbies in the 80s were loaded with friction. Was a tad mental.
Seems to me like it’s going back to that slightly. 🤦‍♂️ The younger generation, teenagers, folk in their 20s seem to want to rekindle the shenanigans.
Its crazy……., because the same twats will all join up together to go watch Scotland opening the Euros v Germany. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:38 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:22 pm
You’ve never seen any “bother” at derby games, Shed? :shock: I bet you’ve been to a few as well. Even in the 70s / 80s?
Seems to me like it’s going back to that slightly. 🤦‍♂️ The younger generation, teenagers, folk in their 20s seem to want to rekindle the shenanigans.
Its crazy……., because the same twats will all join up together to go watch Scotland opening the Euros v Germany. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Hope there’s no trouble at this game Marko, it will be my 12yr old grandsons first Scotland game. In fact it will be only the second game he’s been too.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
I guess it depends on what you describe as trouble. Seen a few hand bags at dawn incidents but nothing compared to like Millwall away in 78 in the FA Cup or a game against Portsmouth at Portman Road when it really kicked off after the game.
You will always get a minority of idiots going to look for it but compared to some derbies like Millwall v West Ham I would say the Old Farm Derby is relative tame in terms of trouble.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:38 pm
marko69 wrote:

Hope there’s no trouble at this game Marko, it will be my 12yr old grandsons first Scotland game. In fact it will be only the second game he’s been too.
Hope your grandson has a fantastic time Andy. If it is anything like the 2006 World Cup he certainly will, great hosts, brilliant stadiums and without doubt the best tournament I went to when following England.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:21 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:38 pm
marko69 wrote:

Yes, thats the weird thing Charnwood. Never any bother at Scotland games. And its a great laugh with ALL supporters. The Tartan Army are world renowned for just getting on with everyone……. Except England! :lol: 👍
Again ——>> only the tw*t contingent.

Biggest kick off i witnessed amongst Scottish fans was during the 96 “gazza” game.
Roxburgh decided to bring on Darren Jackson in the second half. He was at Hibs at the time. Someone in the family pub said, “Aw, not that Hibee C word”……. Place erupted. Bottles, glasses 🤦‍♂️
My sister was only 15 and I had agreed to take her to the place, my mothers warning, “YOU BETTER WATCH HER!!”
I was like, “Oops, right sis, lets GTF!” :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:27 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 pm
marko69 wrote:
I guess it depends on what you describe as trouble. Seen a few hand bags at dawn incidents but nothing compared to like Millwall away in 78 in the FA Cup or a game against Portsmouth at Portman Road when it really kicked off after the game.
You will always get a minority of idiots going to look for it but compared to some derbies like Millwall v West Ham I would say the Old Farm Derby is relative tame in terms of trouble.
There is always the handbags stuff that is supposed to be banter, but it’s really not.
But i suppose its all about geography really.
No doubt Millwall or West Ham fans who do not wish to be caught up, they’ll go certain ways from the ground.
Hibs fans need to avoid London Road immediately after a derby. It used to proper kick off,……… then for years it all seem to settle down………. And now its all worse again.
Probably blame social media.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Just seen a train strike has been called for the day of the Local derby!
Greater Anglia will be running reduced services between Ipswich and Norwich on football derby day as strike action is planned.

Football fans are being advised to allow extra time for their journeys ahead of the match on Saturday, April 6 as there will be a limited service on the main line between Ipswich and Norwich.

Town fans are advised that the additional 10.50am Ipswich to Norwich service will be the last one arriving in Norwich before kick-off, as the 11.06am service from Ipswich will be cancelled as a result of the industrial action.

The game at Carrow Road, between East Anglian Championship rivals Norwich City and Ipswich Town, kicks off at 12.30pm.

James Reeve, area customer service manager at Greater Anglia, said: “We’ve worked closely with both football clubs and the British Transport Police, and people are advised to check before they travel and travel earlier or later if they can.

“We will run as many services as we can, given the action short of a strike, with a plan that is intended to ensure everyone has a safe and smooth journey.

“To save time and beat the queues, passengers are advised to buy tickets online or via the Greater Anglia app before they travel. Groups of three of more people can save a third on fares with GroupSave.

“We would ask everyone to be patient while boarding, as we are expecting much higher than usual passenger numbers on some of the services before and after the game.”

Fans are being warned that services will be extremely busy after the game
Source EADT

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

So crap, the amount of strikes and also the cost of trains in this country just makes it such a terrible option now. It really annoys me, Europe is so different.

It’s hardly encouraging people to take more train trips rather than using cars.

Last time I went to a game with my dad we have the train a go, was nearly £40 for the pair of us and had to change twice. Even in my rather uneconomical car and using ‘expensive’ parking near the ground it’s still way cheaper and easier to drive.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

These arseholes are really getting on my nerves now, on a train as I write this and to be honest the service and experience are crap.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm
These arseholes are really getting on my nerves now, on a train as I write this and to be honest the service and experience are crap.
And very expensive! Even my Danish colleagues are shocked at the prices - and most things there cost a fair bit more than here.

Costs my wife over £40 a day to get to work on the days she goes into London - its 45mins FFS!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
We know your opinion of Norwich but what do you think of the train strikes? :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
Bluemike wrote:
We know your opinion of Norwich but what do you think of the train strikes? :wink:
:lol: