April Fixtures - How many points will we get ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

April Fixtures - How many points will we get ?

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 pm

Well we thought December was a tough month and 4 of the teams we met then pop up again in April which looks equally as difficult maybe even more so with four or five of the teams now involved in the battle for a place in the play offs. In December our two toughest games were Leicester and Leeds in April replace them with Southampton and Hull City who looked awesome against Leicester last weekend but have been struggling to win at home which gives us hope.

Monday 1st April - Ipswich v Southampton (4th) Win

Saturday 6th April - Norwich (6th) v Ipswich Draw

Wednesday 10th April - Ipswich v Watford (13th) Win

Saturday 13th April - Ipswich v Middlesbrough (10th) Win

Saturday 20th April - Coventry (8th) v Ipswich Draw

Saturday 27th April - Hull (7th) v Ipswich Draw or Win

Above I’ve predicted what I think we’ll need to do to stay in the race for one of the automatic places of worst case scenario to maintain the momentum going into the play offs.

If we could achieve this and win our other two games against Blackburn and Coventry we would end the season with 99 of 101 points which may of maybe enough.

Am I being ridiculously over optimistic or is this realistically achievable ?

What do you think

arana peligrosa

Re: April Fixtures - How many points will we get ?

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:58 pm

It's all theoretical of course but I'd be looking to take three points from certainly Watford Middlesbrough and Hull. Coventry have turned heads last few days or just recent but they're hardly a Holland team of 1974 and could be dispirited after losing their semi-final match (they won't get past Manchester United)

Norwich is anyone's guess, form and league placing is always immaterial to both teams involved while Southampton is of crucial importance to both us and them. If we were to win, guess that'd put a stop to their chance of automatic promotion once and for all.

Being quick it's 1 point for Soton, NCFC and victories for all others outstanding. 14 points from 18 available, just can't see us losing from what's picked although these things will always be subject to change. The safety net has to be the home match with Huddersfield last on. Only nerves and self-doubt will cost the team on the day if we happen to be in the position to require 3 points to gain the dream automatic finish.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 pm

I have:
W
W
W
W
D
D

Yep, going to Carrow Rd and winning will be difficult, but it’ll be a huge showing of desire to make auto promo. A win there will be sweet.

Maybe a draw @ Coventry & Hull. With those two being just after those 4 very tough fixtures, could be a few knocks.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 pm

I don’t see us going on an unbeaten run, but I’m hopeful that we will. I can see Leeds doing it, but that’s not a given. I do think Leicester will have a few hiccups along the way. All we can do is enjoy the ride, and I’ve felt all along we’d be contenders for promotion. COYB!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 am

13 points for me which in this crazy season may not be enough for top Two.

One other thing is the Coventry game will be moved due to their involvement in the FA Cup Semi-finals which take place that weekend so who knows when that will be squeezed in.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:55 am

I can se a few points dropped tbh, this is due to the trickier teams coming into the final push....

D
D
W
D
D
D

Obviously hoping I am wrong, the Norwich game could end up in a loss though and then the lads will kick in again on a run, who knows at this stage of the season. I am thinking playoffs.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:55 am
I can se a few points dropped tbh, this is due to the trickier teams coming into the final push....

D
D
W
D
D
D

Obviously hoping I am wrong, the Norwich game could end up in a loss though and then the lads will kick in again on a run, who knows at this stage of the season. I am thinking playoffs.
Yep, me too, Dazzz :shock: 🙏

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 pm
Well we thought December was a tough month and 4 of the teams we met then pop up again in April which looks equally as difficult maybe even more so with four or five of the teams now involved in the battle for a place in the play offs. In December our two toughest games were Leicester and Leeds in April replace them with Southampton and Hull City who looked awesome against Leicester last weekend but have been struggling to win at home which gives us hope.

Monday 1st April - Ipswich v Southampton (4th) Win

Saturday 6th April - Norwich (6th) v Ipswich Draw

Wednesday 10th April - Ipswich v Watford (13th) Win

Saturday 13th April - Ipswich v Middlesbrough (10th) Win

Saturday 20th April - Coventry (8th) v Ipswich Draw

Saturday 27th April - Hull (7th) v Ipswich Draw or Win

Above I’ve predicted what I think we’ll need to do to stay in the race for one of the automatic places of worst case scenario to maintain the momentum going into the play offs.

If we could achieve this and win our other two games against Blackburn and Coventry we would end the season with 99 of 101 points which may of maybe enough.

Am I being ridiculously over optimistic or is this realistically achievable ?

What do you think
Much as I hope I'm wrong here, given some of the opposition I just cannot see us going through April unbeaten..

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 pm

It’ll be difficult for certain. Hopefully KMcK can be like Vincent Kompany 12 months ago and have his team dotting the i’s & crossing the t’s in the word “awesomeness” !!