New Competition for 2018/19 - Head To Head Comp

Every week there will be a series of fixtures (or questions) for you to predict the results of. This will be a perfect chance for you to show how much you know about football (or how little) and prove that you are the smartest Ipswich fan. The 2018/19 season will feature the Main Competition including a repeat of last years Promotion/Relegation format as well as a new 'Head to Head' Competition. In conjunction with the FA Cup, we will also play for the coveted TB Cup which will commence in January 2019!

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

New Competition for 2018/19 - Head To Head Comp

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:55 am

This season will see the introduction of a new competition which will run alongside all the old favourites, it is a competition which will hopefully keep interest very much alive for everyone as the season progressess and gives everyone an equal chance of success.

The beauty of the the new Head2Head competition is that you have to do absolutely nothing different or extra other than post your normal weekly predictions as what you score here is also used in the H2H each week too. Another big benefit of this new format is that potentially even with a really poor scoring week you can be victorious if your weekly opponent has an even worse week, so a score of say 3 or 4 could actually be a winning score !!

So how does it work, once we know the total number of people taking part I will compile a fixture list for the whole season where by every player plays each other once, so we have 28 players who will play 27 matches, on completion of the 27 weeks the top six will qualify for the end of season play offs which will decide the H2H champion. I propose to let the season run for at least Five weeks before the H2H kicks off so the dates will hopefully pan out something like this ;-

Weeks 6 - 32 (of the normal prediction League) sees the regular league season for H2H contested

Week 33 will see the Two players finishing in 6th & 5th in the H2H Table play off

Week 34 will see the winner of the 6th/5th play off play the player finishing 4th in the H2H table

Week 35 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th play off play the player finishing in 3rd in the H2H table

Week 36 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th/3rd play off play the player finishing in 2nd in the H2H table

Week 37 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th/3rd/2nd play off play the player finishing 1st in the H2H table (The winner of this being crowned H2H Champ 2019).

Hopefully it isn't too confusing but it really is very very simple as you have to do nothing other than enter your Predictions EVERY WEEK, I will do the rest. Clearly this competition really does require people to enter each week and not drop out half way through, with this in mind I have taken into account that anyone can unfortunately miss a week sometime, in the event of a player missing a week their opponent will be deemed the winner of their fixture by a default score of 10-0

As with proper football players will be awarded Three points for a win and One point for a Draw while weekly scores will form your F/A goal difference, each week a League table will be compiled just like the other competitions. Just as an example you could get the following scenarios any given week :-

Marko 4 - 3 Frosty
Charnwood 25 - 24 Shed On Tour

in this instance Marko & Charnwood would pick up Three points each with Frosty and the very unlucky Shed On Tour getting zero points, That is the beauty of it and why it gives everyone a chance even when having a bad week. It should generate plenty of interest and banter with One to One fixtures every week to keep it amusing. Each week a set of fixtures will be posted for the following weeks fixtures so you know who you are against each weekend.

The idea of letting the Prediction League run for few weeks before starting the H2H comp will also give us a chance to gauge if anyone doesn't post their predictions regularly and should this be evident early doors then unfortunately any player not posting Preds regularly will probably not be entered for the H2H comp.

It's just a bit of fun with the intention of bringing something new to the Prediction League set up, hopefully everything is covered but any questions etc feel free. All will become very clear and simple once we get going.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: New Competition for 2018/19 - Head To Head Comp

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 am

^^^^^ GENIUS ^^^^^

This should get LOADS of new people involved in the prediction league.

Great stuff and very exciting.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:16 am

Will there be pre-season bonus Questions thread with an August 31st deadline like last season?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:47 am

I would assume so yes, Charny usually comes up with them.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 pm

I’m happy to run with our Annual Bonus Q’s but have to confess i’d Forgotten to post them. My only concern is for the players who either forget to post or completely miss the thread.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Has this started yet, or is time still needed to get it all sorted?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm

You will automatically be in the H2H comp Ohio, just please post every week.