Gold n Blue Mike

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Gold n Blue Mike

Post by goldandblack » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:35 pm

or any other level minded Town fans.

Mike, as I class you having a 100% positive football mind your views are important to me, some I have been talking to I take with a pinch of salt
I am in two minds over this new future of my club.

The upside; IMO
1. We have had so many false dawns with more downs than ups since I have watched them the last 6 decades. would be great to see success for a few years.
2. Our supporters deserve to see us competing at the top without the usual let downs by our previous owners.
3. Wolverhampton needs the input these new owners are putting into the area, they seem to be investing in not just the football club but the whole community.
4. We now have players we could only ever dream of in the old gold shirts.
5. These new owners are a company and not an individual trying to make a name via us.
6. When the fans got up a petition against the shirt sponsors (money shop) they paid them off a year early and changed sponsors.
7. For years we have been against our coloures were getting more like orange than old gold, they have changed back to old gold with the away strip back to All White.(although the new old gold looks a bit yellow to me)

The down side,IMO
1. . In my eyes and probably yours are all these signings and money spent being done on a fair wicket.
2. Will these owners pull the plug and leave us high and dry? (our last owner did)
3. This agent involved is he helping Wolves or just moving players on his books about for his 10% ? (there is a legal connection between his firm and Wolves)
4. Building a new stadium outside Wolvo.
5. Getting tickets to home and especially away games will be impossible for non-season ticket holders
One of my big regrets is we have had some fantastic managers here over the last few years
like Dave Jones, Mick, and Kenny Jacket. Who have built good squads just to have the rug pulled out from under them with the lack of money.

the other regret is how am I ever going to get that pint you owe me. :)
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Blue Mike

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 pm

The thing is G&B some of what is happening at your club I would die for while other parts of it would actually kill me if it happened here !!!

False dawns !!! We have had exactly the same, the arrival of ME, Keane and Mick all brought belief of glory and better times, all have so far failed so I too would give anything for some success again.

You mention your fans deserving of seeing you perform at the top level, I get that ITFC and WW should both be in the top division no question, maybe I am biased.

If as you say they are investing into the community too that has to be a good thing, it's a no brainer and will endear them to the people of Wolverhampton even more.

I cannot believe some of the players you are signing and if they click a top Ten finish is easily achievable.

I hate the thought of any new investors/owners etc changing the very fabric of a club, that tosser keane spoke about changing our Blue shirts for god sake, bloody moron, if Gold is your colour then Gold it should stay forever and a day.

I must admit I do wonder how you keep roilling out signing after signing and I bet some of these players have baely heard of Wolves, no disrespect so they are being enticed there somehow, I hope for your sake it is all pukka and above board.

Any owner can pull the plug at any time, for Eight years now Town fans have lived under a similar shadow, the inbreds up the road have expected it for years now but having seen his first interview I am comfortable with it, however if your new guys were to pull the plug I dread to think what mess it would leave your club in, it could be catastrophic, unfortunately it is something you will never know until it were to happen. God forbid it ever does.

I would not trust One single agent, simples, always be cautious.

A new stadium is a massive No No for me, can never happen for ITFC, a big part of your history and heritage dies, the day that ever happens I think my love of the game may be at an end, I feel that strongly. The Mol should always be your home.

To sum up John, if it were to happen with ITFC I would probably go with it in the hope of the halcyon days of the late 70s early 80s maybe returning so another whole generation of fans can witness what I grew up with and took for granted, oh how I wish I realised more what I had. With change though comes a price and it is one you have to weigh up, is the risk worth taking because if and when they do walk away, who comes next ? Will the club even be solvent, for my part I believe in Football you have to live for today, enjoy the moment, it may never present itself again. If the Wolves bluepring works it will be a much more saleable comodity too and people are easier to find to take the club on when in that situation.

Enjoy the journey mate, it may prove to be the ride of yours and many Wolves fans lives, part of me is jealous but we have our own exciting journey about to start too albeit in a much safer way. As for that pint, anytime you and the beautiful Donna wanna take in a Town game I will be more than happy to "get 'em in "

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 pm

thanks Mike. that's why your opinion was important, you think the same as me, on the Wolves forum its divided between us older fans who remember the good days and the kids who would give up on the Mol and turn there back on our home and history for success.

Brian Clough said agents will kill football and he's not wrong, not saying ours will kill us but the clubs we are buying from are not getting what there worth if he is there agent.

I'm not convinced on this set up but we will see aye. and will definitely try and get down for an evening match,

thank Mike

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 pm

I must admit I do wonder how you keep roilling out signing after signing and I bet some of these players have barely heard of Wolves, no disrespect so they are being enticed there somehow, I hope for your sake it is all pukka and above board.
excuse me but we are by far the greatest football team the worlds ever seen, must be true there's a song out there saying it :?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm

I think it goes something like....

Who the f**king hell are you?
Who the f*ck
Who the f*ck

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm
I think it goes something like....

Who the f*ck
Who the f*ck
:shock: :shock:

Fight, fight,
Where ever you may be,
We are the boys of the black country,
And we'll beat you all wherever you may be,
We are the boys of the black country...
:lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:04 pm

well only 34 more points and we are safe.
and another 99 points we could win it.

bring em on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Im sure you are gonna get a lot more than another 34 points lol.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 pm
Im sure you are gonna get a lot more than another 34 points lol.
yeah I think we showed some class v Everton, the newbies will need time,

Plus we got another record.

Wolves ay we...say Chinese rockers heralding Far East revolution

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... evolution/

the seven year plan..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... anger.html

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Daily Mail writer views on Wolves, nice to read

The sports writer comments on various comments by football fans

From a Liverpool fan writes: another club with no history, apparently. Wolverhampton Wanderers, founding members of the Football League.

Wolves have no right to try and become a big club. They are simply buying success. At Liverpool we have built a club. UKIPGovernment, Bournemouth.
…………………………..
Sometimes there is a comment so stupid I think it must just be a clumsy attempt at trolling. I don't like to give trolls the oxygen of publicity. To quote Linda Smith on Jeffrey Archer, I'm not too happy with giving them the oxygen of oxygen, actually. But anyone who signs off as UKIPGovernment, as if this would be a good thing, might actually be serious, so now I'm conflicted. Leaving aside that Wolves are one of the founding members of the Football League – Liverpool joined the second division four years later – they also won three titles between 1954 and 1959. They had won the FA Cup four times before Liverpool won it at all, and their first major trophy – the FA Cup in 1893 – predates Liverpool's title win by eight years. Equally, the founder of the European Cup, Gabriel Hanot, was inspired to create the competition by a match he saw in 1954 between Wolves and Hungarian champions Honved at Molineux. Wolves also played in the European Cup in 1958-59 – predating Liverpool's first appearance by six years – and also beat them to a first European final appearance, in the 1972 UEFA Cup. So just because during the moment in time when football has piqued your interest, Wolves have been mediocre, it doesn't mean they do not have history or the right to compete. Wolves are no more buying success than Liverpool are, with their inflationary transfer fees paid for goalkeepers and central defenders. I truly hope I have fallen for it and you are a troll – for, if you are serious, the fact you think this and are trusted with cutlery and the right to vote is really rather frightening.

The top six clubs will soon start tempting Wolves' best players with promises of Champions League glory and huge wages. They don't want another Leicester happening. I see Wolves in fifth to eighth place come the end of season. Tex Tucker, United Kingdom.

And for a newly-promoted club that would be magnificent, surely?

Look at the ages of the players signed on big fees with long term contracts and you can see Wolves' ambition. Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota both 21; Helder Costa and Ivan Cavaleiro both 24; Willy Boly 27. Then look at the bench on Saturday: Morgan Gibbs-White and Bright Enobakhare 18, Ruben Vinagre 19. In five years time, these players will be in their prime. Then you have an academy full of some of the brightest young talent not only from this country, but Europe and elsewhere in the world. The training facilities at Compton are amongst the best and even the pitches were replaced in the summer so they are identical to the Molineux turf. At the same time, Wolves are mindful of FFP restrictions. Hence the signing of Leander Dendoncker on a season long loan, becoming permanent next summer for £15 million. Make no mistake about it, Wolves are in it for the long haul. Rogerz, Wolverhampton.

I agree, Roger. After some early hiccups it now seems a very well run, very well balanced club.

Champions by 2025? That would take a £500m new stadium as their current one is dire. It would also take over £2 billion investment in players because as Manchester City found out, you have to buy a fair few flops on the way to building the right team. Wolves should be thankful to just stay up. Busbybabe58, United Kingdom.

Maybe – but isn't it great that they aren't? Equally, why do they need a new ground? I heard the racket being made against Everton on Saturday and it sounded fine to me. Yes, not every transfer will click, but as Roger says, they have promising young players coming through and an impressive recruitment strategy. It didn't take City anywhere near £2billion to win the league and they, remember, had to break in at a time when Chelsea were still spending big and Sir Alex Ferguson was in charge at Manchester United. There may be a greater opportunity for Wolves as the established elite deal with their own problems of succession. Let's hope so. And let's hope this lady is still with us when we talk next time.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:17 pm

only 33 more points to safety.
bring on the ammers so we can burst there bubble,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Mate you don't have to be counting the points, top ten finish for you guys, especially when you are allowed to use your hands to score !!! 😂😂😂😂

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:45 pm
Mate you don't have to be counting the points, top ten finish for you guys, especially when you are allowed to use your hands to score !!! 😂😂😂😂
Hand Ball, what hand ball,

only 30 points to safety

good bit of reading here Mike, a bit spooky but interesting stuff

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/why- ... is-season/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 pm

That is spooky in how similar the starts to the season are, alas though there is only going to be one winner of the Premier league this season and it ain't Wolves LOL.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 pm
That is spooky in how similar the starts to the season are, alas though there is only going to be one winner of the Premier league this season and it ain't Wolves LOL.
is that the "only one winner" that hasn't beat us in 90 mins this millennium.

I think I am slowly converting you to the Gold and Black Army.

another interesting read on some past history. you will need to know this sort of stuff for future references, :?
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -quitting/

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 pm

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Now only 26 points to safety.or just perhaps 44 points to Europe .

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... seriously/
lock up your kids
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-13292515

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 pm

My top 10 prediction for Wolves is in the bag !! And keep your hands off our kids lol.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 pm
My top 10 prediction for Wolves is in the bag !! And keep your hands off our kids lol.

Only 23 points to safety .

do I get an extra bonus if we win it, :wink:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -this.html

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:44 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Only 23 points to safety .

do I get an extra bonus if we win it, :wink:

The Wolves are on fire,

goldandblack

Re: Gold n Blue Mike

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Now only 20 points to safety.
39 to Europa League
60 to Champions League

looks like your on the way up to join us again at the hip. Paul Hurst will get you there.

Ipswich to Auto Promotion only another 81 points
Ipswich to play offs only another 65 points

Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for your support on the match thread mate, love the badges !!!! I dont think we will be anywhere near the play offs but away from the danger zone will do for me this season then kick on next

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 pm
Thanks for your support on the match thread mate, love the badges !!!! I dont think we will be anywhere near the play offs but away from the danger zone will do for me this season then kick on next
Well us Wolfs have to stick together. even if one of us is blue :wink:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:14 pm

its all doom and gloom after the Watford shock, sack the manager, get rid of the owners, Bring back Mick and Clipboard.

to me this is just Wolves doing what Wolves do.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... t---watch/

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 pm

What chance have we got with Mike Dean the no 1 Spurs fan in charge.

Still need 20 point to safety. the games are running out fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... tRVqK7xgw4

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm

There's Two wheels on your wagon.......

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm
:? its getting that way but I still have confidents in us, not as tho we are playing that bad.

easy game next Arsenal Away. bring it on,

the big problem now is getting tickets, home games sold out, away games sold out on point system, so have to sit with home fans these days which is interesting, the West Ham game was quite funny when we got that late winner, LOL

oh for those days out back in the championship.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm
found the spare wheel Gold Mike , just need the 4th and we are back on the road to another 19 points to safety , :D

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ut-gutted/

PS, Its 15 years today since I joined this wonderful site. look forward to the next 15 yrs,