Humiliation of derby defeat has hit downunder!!!!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ATB

Humiliation of derby defeat has hit downunder!!!!

Post by ATB » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:40 am

I was at Wynard train station this morning in my Town shirt minding my own business.. when this bloke and his girlfriend come up to me and the guy says "I come all this way and i run into a bloody Ipswich fan!" i look at him and he starts pointing at his jumper which happens to bear the letters N.C.F.C... i just groaned and he laughed and said "good result the other day" i just laughed and pointed at him yelling "YOU DIDN'T DESERVE IT!!!!" he then just chuckled this evil laugh.....

i can't believe it..... the first Norwich fan i have met in this country and it had to be the weekend after they beat us!! :x

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:10 am

thats very bad luck ATB.I have seen one person....no thats a lie I think two people in 5 and a half years here wearing the sickly yellow and green of the sh*te.I say I think to because one was whilst i was driving and could not get close enough to see if it was truly the scum top and he looked about 13.The other time I was on a bus and there was another one at the lights waiting to cross,luckily for him I was not in my car. :x

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:53 am

Hmmm I had to work in Stradbroke yesterday and there
was a group of them.. Fortunately some were wise enough to realise
it should have been game, setand match innthe first half..

Anyway unlucky guys... hopefully it will be ages before you ee
another one..

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:42 pm

You lot are lucky only seeing them once in a blue moon.

I'm surrownded by them every day of the bloody week.

Foxy Lady

Re: Humiliation of derby defeat has hit downunder!!!!

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:12 pm

ATB wrote:I was at Wynard train station this morning in my Town shirt minding my own business.. when this bloke and his girlfriend come up to me and the guy says "I come all this way and i run into a bloody Ipswich fan!" i look at him and he starts pointing at his jumper which happens to bear the letters N.C.F.C... i just groaned and he laughed and said "good result the other day" i just laughed and pointed at him yelling "YOU DIDN'T DESERVE IT!!!!" he then just chuckled this evil laugh.....

i can't believe it..... the first Norwich fan i have met in this country and it had to be the weekend after they beat us!! :x
Oh dear.... :shock:

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:15 pm

ShannockSid wrote:You lot are lucky only seeing them once in a blue moon.

I'm surrownded by them every day of the bloody week.
When we come up to Cromer,me and Leanne are not allowed to wear anything Ipswich,otherwise Hubby kicks up a fuss.... :(
So we sneak shirts and our coats into the car when hes not looking :twisted:

Miller-8

Post by Miller-8 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:55 pm

ShannockSid wrote:You lot are lucky only seeing them once in a blue moon.

I'm surrownded by them every day of the bloody week.[/quote]

When we come up to Cromer
,me and Leanne are not allowed to wear anything Ipswich,otherwise Hubby kicks up a fuss.... :(
Thats weird coz i go to cromer quite a lot. Small world! I normally always wear my town shirt when we are there, although my mum reckons one day i'll get battered for it!! :lol:

Ill always remember when i went to sheringham, i was in some shop and noticed they had matt holland's book. So of course i brought it. when i got to the counter, the guy took one look at the book and gave me the most evil look ive ever seen :evil: (Def a norwich fan!)
When i left, i turned back to him with an evil grin on my face! :twisted:

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:06 pm

Oooohhh very small world......
I know which book shop you mean...the one in the main street.....Right next I wear my shirt..... 8)
We are going up for carnival week this year again....and hope to be heading tht way very soon....

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:32 pm

lol that would have been great to have seen his face! :lol:

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:19 pm

First thing I saw when I got off the train at Reading station on Monday morning?

Some stupid girl in a Norwich shirt. :evil: :evil:

I gave her an evil look and walked past with my head held high in my ITFC gear.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:13 pm

Rueser wrote: When we come up to Cromer,me and Leanne are not allowed to wear anything Ipswich,otherwise Hubby kicks up a fuss.... :(
I presume hubby is ok to wear a lighter shade of blue?

One rule for him, another for you. Don't stand for it.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:19 pm

Miller-8 wrote: Thats weird coz i go to cromer quite a lot. Small world! I normally always wear my town shirt when we are there, although my mum reckons one day i'll get battered for it!! :lol:

Ill always remember when i went to sheringham, i was in some shop and noticed they had matt holland's book. So of course i brought it. when i got to the counter, the guy took one look at the book and gave me the most evil look ive ever seen :evil: (Def a norwich fan!)
When i left, i turned back to him with an evil grin on my face! :twisted:
Don't worry, Miller-8, we're all harmless up here and welcome any Town fans.

Strange thing is, if we go away for a break or a weekend, we often pick Northampton. Nice place you have there.

fatty28uk

Post by fatty28uk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:23 pm

Cromer........Sheringham......blue shirts............ what is the world coming to?.
Anyway what do you mean small world..... there is only one book shop in Sheringham :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:31 pm

fatty28uk wrote:Cromer........Sheringham......blue shirts............ what is the world coming to?.
Anyway what do you mean small world..... there is only one book shop in Sheringham :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a few more than that, big man.

Lots of bookworms up in North Norfolk.

fatty28uk

Post by fatty28uk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:39 pm

Ha Ha Sid I wondered if you would respond.
Know that part of the country very well. Spend all our free time either at Wells/Holkham or Sheringham. We live in Horsford, sort of between Norwich and Aylsham.
Always get dragged round that little curiosity type shop in the high street, but then it's down to the pub with the big fire place. Can't remember the name. Is it the Lobster pot?

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:43 pm

ShannockSid wrote:
Rueser wrote: When we come up to Cromer,me and Leanne are not allowed to wear anything Ipswich,otherwise Hubby kicks up a fuss.... :(
I presume hubby is ok to wear a lighter shade of blue?

One rule for him, another for you. Don't stand for it.
He dosen't...thats the problem.....I bought him a light blue home kit a few years back and I think hes only worn it 4 times.....
Mind you if I buy him a England Cricket shirt...different story...hed be waering it all the time...

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:46 pm

ShannockSid wrote:
fatty28uk wrote:Cromer........Sheringham......blue shirts............ what is the world coming to?.
There's a few more than that, big man.

Lots of bookworms up in North Norfolk.
Loads if bookworms in suffolk to......Im married to one.....
He has enough books to start a library.....

And I think there are 3 book shops in Sheringham

:lol:

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:47 pm

Yes, its the Lobster. We often go there with some lads from work and put the world to rights. Not as packed as the Crown on the front where you can't move for schoolkids.

Horsford's a nice place, even with all the new houses that have built lately. Close and handy for the city but easy enough to reach the coast in half an hour.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:53 pm

Rueser wrote: Mind you if I buy him a England Cricket shirt...different story...hed be waering it all the time...
So guess he's watching/listening to it now is he? 9 wickets down now.

fatty28uk

Post by fatty28uk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:54 pm

Yeah Horsford is not too bad at all.
We live on the main road, near the flashing 20 sign. You can't miss our place if you drive past......it's the one with the dirty windows :lol:

Often drive up to Sheringham for dinner at that pub, more often in winter.
I love sitting by that fire.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:59 pm

Most of the Sheringham pubs are all fighting for trade at this time of year so the Crown/Robin Hood are doing 2 for 1 meals all the time.

Trouble is, it's like a pensioner's Xmas party in there every lunch and early evening now. You can't hardly move for them!

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:02 am

ShannockSid wrote:
Rueser wrote: Mind you if I buy him a England Cricket shirt...different story...hed be waering it all the time...
So guess he's watching/listening to it now is he? 9 wickets down now.
No hes out playing snooker......this is my quiet night.....

Miller-8

Post by Miller-8 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:55 pm

ShannockSid wrote:Don't worry, Miller-8, we're all harmless up here and welcome any Town fans.

Strange thing is, if we go away for a break or a weekend, we often pick Northampton. Nice place you have there.
Northampton, nice? I never thought id hear those words in the same sentence!!! :?
I guess its ok, if u go to the right parts! What am i like, doing down my hometown! Its nice really, football team ain't that great tho :(