The best gig you've been to....

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Re: The best gig you've been to....

Post by Riviera » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Pink floyd is one band i'd love to have seen, i go to plenty of tribute bands gigs, but to actually say i was at a "real" Floyd gig would be great, hoping to go to The Levellers festival (Beautiful Days) in the near future, aso Croperdy (sp) to see Fairport Convention

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:55 am

Riviera wrote:Pink floyd is one band i'd love to have seen, i go to plenty of tribute bands gigs, but to actually say i was at a "real" Floyd gig would be great, hoping to go to The Levellers festival (Beautiful Days) in the near future, aso Croperdy (sp) to see Fairport Convention
Yeah x2, the Pink Floyd Experience are great to watch, but the real deal in a proper venue would have been amazing.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 am

I was lucky enough to see the original Pink Floyd in 1967 when they played on The Cricket Meadow on the Saturday night of Stowmarket Carnival. There were quite a few local bands playing and Pink Floyd were the headliners and the only band to have a released a single which had made it into the UK Top 20. As I recall they were on their first UK tour and had just released their 2nd single which I think was in the Top 10 when they came to Stowmaket. From what I remember they were unusually loud and whilst they definitely "stood out" I can't imagine anyone there would ever have dreamt they would become one of the top bands in the world.

Yes I've seen them, but not in a top venue, far from it but what I saw was Raw Pink Floyd in the days of Syd Barrett now deceased and buried in his hometown of Cambridge which was the hometown of all bar one of the band which probably explains why they were happy to play 40 miles down the road in the sleepy Suffolk Town of Stowmarket.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 am

frostynz wrote:
bhday wrote:Mark Knopfler - Royal Albert Hall

Saw Dire Straights once .... fantastic concert when they were at their peak.
Got to go with that one as well. Great concert when I saw them at the NEC. You know a band are big when they do away with any support and just pop a U2 album on to keep folks amused whilst they wait!

For a more intermit experience, but loud, The Cult, in their pomp where top stuff.

bhday

Post by bhday » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Riviera wrote:Pink floyd is one band i'd love to have seen, i go to plenty of tribute bands gigs, but to actually say i was at a "real" Floyd gig would be great, hoping to go to The Levellers festival (Beautiful Days) in the near future, aso Croperdy (sp) to see Fairport Convention

Went to see Roger Walters at the O2 last summer it was pretty decent, never seen Gilmour though.

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Tue May 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Saw Elbow last week in Toronto. Great venue! and they were amazing live.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Went to Latitude festival over the weekend and saw quite a lot of great acts, although the stand outs being The Black Keys, they are an awesome band.

penlost

Post by penlost » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm

I went to see Colplay at the Emirates last year and despite my sceptcism really enjoyed it, flashing bands n all!

Very jealous of you Riv - I have always wanted U2 tickets but never been able to get them :(