Anyone into training?

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Anyone into training?

Post by The Don » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

After six months of working on Dancing On Ice and living off of doughnuts and McMuffins, I've gained a stupid amount of weight. I've just started training again, cardio, swimming and some light weight stuff. 7 days in now with a rest day and I'm already running further and lifting harder.

Anyone into this sort of thing and fancy sharing some tips?

number 9

Re: Anyone into training?

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 pm

I've heard good things about this diet:
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02995/Dr ... ramid.html

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 am

The Don wrote:After six months of working on Dancing On Ice and living off of doughnuts and McMuffins, I've gained a stupid amount of weight. I've just started training again, cardio, swimming and some light weight stuff. 7 days in now with a rest day and I'm already running further and lifting harder.

Participated in this on and off for some time, but in the end, personal issues took hold of leisure activities to such an extent never went back for further membership. Got involved in a number of activities such as weight training, boxing, running and muscle development but seemed to void it all by eating the wrong things or not taking enough care of oneself. Aim to get involved again later this year when things are a little more settled.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 pm

The Don wrote:After six months of working on Dancing On Ice and living off of doughnuts and McMuffins, I've gained a stupid amount of weight. I've just started training again, cardio, swimming and some light weight stuff. 7 days in now with a rest day and I'm already running further and lifting harder.

Yes. Big time.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:56 am

Every time you make a decision to hit the fitness center you invariably revert to various junk foods and make no progress.

helen83

Post by helen83 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 pm

I've just eaten a salad. Feel really healthy now... reckon I deserve some chocolate :)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:29 am

helen83 wrote:I've just eaten a salad. Feel really healthy now... reckon I deserve some chocolate :)
I tried with it for a few days, but it didn't work out. Healthy eating - healthy living - then lo and behold you're back on the liquor and junk food. Got to try and get back to the fitness center by end of year. I realize this lifestyle is doing me no favors.

Ferguson

Post by Ferguson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Just remember that when you are training the body is in a catabolic phase (breaking down...) AND you need to build up again what you have "lost" before next training.

Less food and more training can also lead to injury.....

Try not to change everything in 14 days, but start step by step :wink:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 am

I was a bloater, smoker, mid life fatty two years ago. Then I discovered PARKFIT. Run by ex- military PT instructors. Changed my life - honestly. Just completed my fourth half marathon in a new PB time of 1 hour 50 !!! Lost 2 stone in weight, I actually have muscle definition again. Its tough - 6 am start twice a week, 7 pm start twice a week for an hour each time. But I really enjoy it and it was the best thing I have ever done.

Search Facebook Parkfit Royston to see what we get up to. ! Or Youtube Parkfit Royston

helen83

Post by helen83 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:19 pm

nefarious wrote:
helen83 wrote:I've just eaten a salad. Feel really healthy now... reckon I deserve some chocolate :)
I tried with it for a few days, but it didn't work out. Healthy eating - healthy living - then lo and behold you're back on the liquor and junk food. Got to try and get back to the fitness center by end of year. I realize this lifestyle is doing me no favors.
I try to keep it in balance. If I do too much exercise I end up damaging myself anyway. And if I do too little I feel crappy. Everything in moderation seems to work best for me :)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:12 am

helen83 wrote:
nefarious wrote:
I try to keep it in balance. If I do too much exercise I end up damaging myself anyway. And if I do too little I feel crappy. Everything in moderation seems to work best for me :)
There's a fine line between moderation - and excess.