Fundraising Request

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

vaalae

Fundraising Request

Post by vaalae » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all good, wondering if I can grab 2 mins of your time (and hopefully some of your money for a good cause?)

I'm writing as part of my final push for fund raising for the Auckland Half Marathon - which has really crept up on me and is now 2 days away. Never run the distance before, and I'm doing it to raise money for the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (so far I'm half way to my target!)

My sister and a couple of friends have suffered from depression, and although it is getting a lot more focus over our way now it can certainly do with more.

Any help, large or small, would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks heaps
Val

http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/JonathanGardiner/

I'll update you all on my lousy time next week, the knees are not what they used to be!!

vaalae

Re: Fundraising Request

Post by vaalae » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 am

Yikes, well strolled with my old man around the course so I'll blame our leisurely pace on him (time TBC, but it'll be North of 2 hrs 30!) wonderful experience and a beautiful course but my knees are now absolutely killing me.

Will do it again, had a good time, but need to shake the weird knee pain which is something very new for me :?

Thanks very much for your donation N1! You're a superstar!