WHO AM I. QUIZ

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:59 pm

:?
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:11 pm

I was born in the mid 1950s
I played for Scunthorpe United Football Club plus one other football club.
I played for my country over 100 times.
In the early 90s I received an honour from my country's royal family

WHO AM I. ??

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:12 pm

I thought at once kevin keegan then realized it couldn't possibly be.

I think ian botham did indeed play league club football at some stage and he's about the right age also so going with that. The honor would most likely be an MBE for his services to sport. (or OBE perhaps)

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:46 pm

saint jude wrote:I thought at once kevin keegan then realized it couldn't possibly be.

I think ian botham did indeed play league club football at some stage and he's about the right age also so going with that. The honor would most likely be an MBE for his services to sport. (or OBE perhaps)

Correct Saint, Ian Botham. cant fool you lol.
he got an OBE and the other club was Yeovil Town.. but all those England caps were for cricket.
Your Turn

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:33 pm

alright we'll have one more go.

#1 I played for a national squad that wasn't my country of birth

#2 I have won FA Cup and league championship honors

#3 I was part of a time of soccer nostalgia

#4 I since moved on to bigger things

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:23 pm

saint jude wrote:alright we'll have one more go.

#1 I played for a national squad that wasn't my country of birth

#2 I have won FA Cup and league championship honors

#3 I was part of a time of soccer nostalgia

#4 I since moved on to bigger things

are you OUR MM at present on loan to ITFC
Image

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:18 am

No, it,s not McCarthy. Take note, our Mccarthy, not yours..

And mccarthy has an FA cup winners honor to his name ? That's news to me.

It's fair to say this name (you look for) is more recognized to a wider audience. Hope that helped you out.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:55 pm

saint jude wrote:No, it,s not McCarthy. Take note, our Mccarthy, not yours..

And mccarthy has an FA cup winners honor to his name ? That's news to me.

It's fair to say this name (you look for) is more recognized to a wider audience. Hope that helped you out.

I thought that was a catch question on the FA Cup.. he won a Scottish FA Cup winners medal and League Championship medal with Celtic. ?

will have to think this one over, good question mate, and a happy and healthy new year to you Saint.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:41 pm

I won't be enjoying a "happy" new year Gold and Black, although appreciate the time to mention. Wish you and your family (however) the best for the upcoming year.

Here is a couple more pointers :

# I have held an unwanted record

# I am one half of a photo classic


Take note this is a European footballer from the last 50 years

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Here's a wild guess

Vinnie Jones

1 I played for a national squad that wasn't my country of birth....born in Watford played for WALES

#2 I have won FA Cup and league championship honours WIMBLEDON / LEEDS UNITED

#3 I was part of a time of soccer nostalgia

#4 I since moved on to bigger things.. FILMS

# I have held an unwanted record.....?

# I am one half of a photo classic.. JONES/ GASCOIGNE

Take note this is a European footballer from the last 50 years,,? Not sure if Watford is in Europe tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:08 am

Yes it was Vincent Jones.

Unwanted record was being dismissed after three seconds for either chelsea or sheffield united, i forget which.

Soccer nostalgia was being part of the 'Crazy Gang' culture with Wimbledon in the late 1980s.

PS did you know he once threatened his then manager howard wilkinson with a shotgun on the team bus as there was a doubt about him not playing that day.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:39 pm

saint jude wrote:Yes it was Vincent Jones.

Unwanted record was being dismissed after three seconds for either chelsea or sheffield united, i forget which.

Soccer nostalgia was being part of the 'Crazy Gang' culture with Wimbledon in the late 1980s.

PS did you know he once threatened his then manager howard wilkinson with a shotgun on the team bus as there was a doubt about him not playing that day.
the only leads I had to Vinnie Jones were the clues # I am one half of a photo classic.. and him, being a Welsh International.
no I didn't know about the shotgun thing but not surprised,
Last edited by goldandblack on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Who am I
Clues....
1....I Played for Nottingham Forest in 1983..and Vancouver Whitecaps.
2....I Played for my country 14 times scoring 3 goals.
3....I was voted English Footballer of the year whilst playing for another English Club

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Happy New Year to you and all the Wolfpack, Wolferino.

The answer is Frans Thijssen......, knew this without googling. :D

Sorry to hear that you actually "know" it won't be a Happy New Year, Saint Jude......, for whatever reasons they are, I do wish you all the best.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 pm

marko69 wrote:Happy New Year to you and all the Wolfpack, Wolferino.

The answer is Frans Thijssen......, knew this without googling. :D

Sorry to hear that you actually "know" it won't be a Happy New Year, Saint Jude......, for whatever reasons they are, I do wish you all the best.
and Happy New Year to you and all yours Marco..

Well Done....Yes it is Frans Thijssen,

your turn :wink:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Who am I
Clues....
1....I Played for Arsenal in 1974, Aston Villa in 1976..and Toronto Blizzard in 1981.
2....I was born in 1951 and Played for my country twice, (not my birth country)
3....My surname was used by an amateur Southside Edinburgh club and Marko69 played for them for a year before being kicked out for being shyte. :D

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:25 am

marko69 wrote:Who am I
Clues....
1....I Played for Arsenal in 1974, Aston Villa in 1976..and Toronto Blizzard in 1981.
2....I was born in 1951 and Played for my country twice, (not my birth country)
3....My surname was used by an amateur Southside Edinburgh club and Marko69 played for them for a year before being kicked out for being shyte. :D
I was heading for Ian Ure but don't think he went to the Vile,, plus I cant see you playing for Ure United :lol: :lol:
bit early for a clue, but was he a goalkeeper Marco.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Midfielder, Wolfie.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:41 pm

marko69 wrote:Midfielder, Wolfie.
that cuts the numbers down a bit :lol: i cant think of anyone who played for Arsenal and the Vile.

might need another clue, where's the Saint when e need him :wink:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Marco, just got a telegram from St Andrews saying the golfers behind us have waited since Dec 14, 2014 for us to get of the 5th hole :lol: :lol: bit impatient aye.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:28 am

goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:Midfielder, Wolfie.
that cuts the numbers down a bit :lol: i cant think of anyone who played for Arsenal and the Vile.

might need another clue, where's the Saint when e need him :wink:
He played 118 times for his first club, (joined 1968) and scored 27 goals.

User avatar
TractorBoyy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:55 pm
Location: My House
Contact:

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by TractorBoyy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:24 pm

goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:Midfielder, Wolfie.
that cuts the numbers down a bit :lol: i cant think of anyone who played for Arsenal and the Vile.

might need another clue, where's the Saint when e need him :wink:
Hi Grandad :) :D

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:26 pm

TractorBoyy wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:Midfielder, Wolfie.
that cuts the numbers down a bit :lol: i cant think of anyone who played for Arsenal and the Vile.

might need another clue, where's the Saint when e need him :wink:
Hi Grandad :) :D
Hi Callum, TractorBoyy :lol: :lol: :lol: you little traitor. :?

User avatar
TractorBoyy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:55 pm
Location: My House
Contact:

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by TractorBoyy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:35 pm

goldandblack wrote:
saint jude wrote:No, it,s not McCarthy. Take note, our Mccarthy, not yours..

And mccarthy has an FA cup winners honor to his name ? That's news to me.

It's fair to say this name (you look for) is more recognized to a wider audience. Hope that helped you out.

:arrow:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:Midfielder, Wolfie.
that cuts the numbers down a bit :lol: i cant think of anyone who played for Arsenal and the Vile.

might need another clue, where's the Saint when e need him :wink:
He played 118 times for his first club, (joined 1968) and scored 27 goals.

Alex Cropley. the truth I did hunt him down on google in the end, I cant remember him at Arsenal or the Vile.

best you won that one mate.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:41 am

Well done Wolfie. Excellent, hard as nails, Hibernian player, and the team was Liberton Cropley. Long story short, I was a right winger due to being lightening fast, but I was fking emptied in a particular match in a challenge on the bye line, ...., the knee completely packed in and never recovered. Football over and pie eating and beer ensued.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 pm

marko69 wrote:Well done Wolfie. Excellent, hard as nails, Hibernian player, and the team was Liberton Cropley. Long story short, I was a right winger due to being lightening fast, but I was fking emptied in a particular match in a challenge on the bye line, ...., the knee completely packed in and never recovered. Football over and pie eating and beer ensued.
you could have been even more famous :wink:

its your turn again as I cheated :? ..

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17794
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Born 1958 in French Guiana.
Played for many clubs as a striker.
Played for my non birth country 5 times, no goals, but played 6 times for the U21's and scored 3 times.
Was everyone's "doubler" in the Panini sticker collection it the early 80's.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm

marko69 wrote:Born 1958 in French Guiana.
Played for many clubs as a striker.
Played for my non birth country 5 times, no goals, but played 6 times for the U21's and scored 3 times.
Was everyone's "doubler" in the Panini sticker collection it the early 80's.
would it be our Sandwell reject Cyrille Regis. could have done well here had he avoided being tarnished with wearing that Tesco Bag for to long. we had a song for him which didn't really help the cause.
went something like.

Nice one Cyril,
Nice one son
shame about the smell
you brought here from west brom.

well words to that affect :?

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8902
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: WHO AM I. QUIZ

Post by saint jude » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:11 pm

I went with Jean Tigana. Realize he played midfield mostly but worth a shot.

Post Reply