It's a changing world

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

It's a changing world

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Amazing that RAF Mildenhall is closing after all these years. I wonder how these proposed closures will affect local economies...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30731926

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: It's a changing world

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:09 am

I think the fact that the closures are due to the US military "shifting their attention to Asia" ; that is way more of an issue than local economies. Changing world indeed.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I believe Marshalls of Cambridge are interested in buying RAF Mildenhall,

They proposed something quite some years ago about a modern business / town complex with housing and amenities.

If it was very upmarket this could would very well with the Airport being there, and could make quite a bit of money in the decades to come,

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:56 pm

I know they built a neighborhood where RAF Bentwaters used to be in Suffolk, and it's been quite successful. My Uncle and Auntie have lived there for several years.