About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BlueAngel

Post by BlueAngel » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Hi.. I'm new here.. woo!

Well, my name is Danielle, 16 (17 in April.. yay!) and female. Lewis and Aston (crazee) told me about the boards so here I am. Um, I live in Stowmarket and I'm currently studying for my A Levels.

My first Town match was against Huddersfield and Ipswich won 2-1 - I think it must have been the '96 season but I'm not sure. I'm a season ticket holder in the North Stand and I try to go to as many away matches as my poor student bank account lets me.. hehe, I'm proud to say I did manage to get to Sweden, Luxembourg and Milan though =)

My current favourite player is Lewis Price (really, don't ask... I have a bit of a goalkeeper fetish) and my probable all time favourite is the legend that is Matt Holland. *swoon* No, I still haven't got over the fact he has left =(

Err.. if you care to know anything else just ask..

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:12 pm

Hi everyone I'm Gary but everyone calls me Gaz, I'm 26 and I'm a season ticket holder in the North Lower, have been now for 8 years. I've been to over 350 games not just Ipswich though. My first Town game was in 1990 against Portsmouth and we lost 1-0 :(

Best memories are the play-off semi at FPR when we beat Bolton, never seen a game like it, i'm not ashamed to say i cried that night.

The play-off final of course and the trips to Helsingbourg & Milan, the 5-0 hammering of naaarwich, the 6-0 win at Swindon, there's just too many to remember.

I also goto all the England home games with 3 other town fans which is fun. Got to meet one of my heroes at Old Trafford when England played Liechtenstein, Mr Alan Shearer. Also went over to Paris in 2000 to watch England draw 1-1 with France. Hopefully be going to Austria in September for the world cup qualifier.

If you want to know anything else just ask!!

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:13 pm

Hi, I'm Jam-ez, 15 from Holme Hale in Norfolk. I have been an Ipswich fan since the age of 8, when my dad took me to see ITFC vs Wolves in the first season out of the prem. We lost 2-1, with Steve Sedgely (if I remember correctly) scoring a penalty. Since then I have been to home games against:

QPR & Norwich (1996/97)
Manchester Utd, Sheffield United, Norwich, Wolves & Port Vale (1997/98)
Crystal Palace (1999/2000)
Millwall, Grimsby, Sheffield United, Notts Forest, Portsmouth & Wimbledon (2002/03)
Levski Sofia, Coventry, West Ham, Rotherham, Derby & Norwich (2003/04)

I moved to Norfolk in 1998 and have (agaionst the odds) managed to remain an Ipswich fan!

bluegirl87

Post by bluegirl87 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:02 pm

hi im 16 years old.
i am currently doing my GCSEs and have been predicted 3 As, 2 Bs, 4 Cs and 1 D. which by my standards is pretty good although my mum wud love to c da Cs as Bs and th D as a C. I am hopefully going to do my A-levels next year in Maths, English, Sociology and Pyschology. :roll:

I have always loved football ever since i was little. I never really supported a team though until i was 10. My first team was Arsenal and i still follow them. My dad loves to wind me up bout 1978 now that i support Ipswich. I have nva seen arsenal play cept on t.v. My dad has supported Ipswich for a v.long time and he said that after i had seen them play two or three times i wud b a 100% true town fan. As much as i hate to admit it he was right (if he reads this then i had beta watch out 4 the 'i told ya so's'). One of my first Ipswich game was the friendly against Peteborough- as we happened to in the area that weekend. One of my other first games was west ham away- this is rememberable even though we lost 3-1 because my dad and i sat with their supporters. By then my dad had me just about hooked on town. It only took one game at portman road and i became a true blue. The atmosphere at portman road was truely wonderful. im not sure what game it was.

Me, me dad and my younger sista have been season ticket holders for the north stand eva since. we also go to all the away games. Missed a few games this season coz we was in the states. Apart from that i have been to see town even when i was on crutches and when i had my arm strapped up coz i ripped the muscle off the bone. :shock:
(couldnt jump about for these games so i put my voice to good use)

u must be bored reading this now-sorry i do tend to go on- i cant help it i have so much to say
:twisted: :oops:

jolly's bird

Post by jolly's bird » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:17 pm

so...about jolly's bird.... well I am from Ipswich, but living in Antwerp with Jollystef. I have always liked to see town do well, but to be honest I have only recently started really following them (still, we all have to start somewhere don't we, so don't kick me!).. I have of course been to pr a few times and thoroughly enjoyed it, also been to selhurst park with jollystef and rnb and that was great too - hwvr ipswich are my team!!!

my dad used to be town season ticket holder for years, but doesn't follow 'the beautiful game' so closely in any respect now..
my brother is a newcastle supporter, thanks to his geordie ex wife and the fact that he looks just like alan shearer!
my mum is also for town but at heart supports 'the arse' - don't shoot her though, she is genuine cockney and following in the footsteps of her dad...

So I am loving following town so far, and mean to continue for a long time, I am 26 now, so have plenty years to go!! will go to as many games as we can when we are in england, but often jolly's passion for palace will win over on a saturday afternoon!! :)

if i am there it will be in north stand with my aunt and cousin and probably jollystef and my brother too!

I work in shipping...blah blah dull dull...if you want to know sth interesting just ask!!

REDNBLUEARMY

Post by REDNBLUEARMY » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:40 am

hi my name is andy i'm also a felow crystal palace fan i'm a manager for a japanese trading company and live in west wickham, and was born and raised for the first 6 years of my life in glasgow, have been watching the palace since 1979 seen all the highs (fa cup final ) and all the lows (administration , trevour francis :twisted: ) used to post with the other palace fans on here and a couple of ipswhich fans on the soon to be ended rednbluearmy.com :D

blueisbest

sbout you

Post by blueisbest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:34 am

hi, im 35 live in lowestoft, been a town fan all me life. season ticket holder in lower cobbold row a, run my own construction company best town moment for me 78 cup final and getting picture taken with m mills with me holding the cup. now enjoying bringing my son to the ground its like the love affair with town has started all again. p.s. you can see us im the bloke in the picture of kuqi diving towards the cobbold in the cream jacket, the boy is on the left. :P :P :P

gazzathegreat

Post by gazzathegreat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:53 pm

hiya all

have to confess to being a norwich fan but i am sure you can all be gentle with me

already know shannock sid and anglo saxon from this site, so they can vouch for the fact i am in fact female but call myself gazza (it's a long story)

started going to watch norwich in the 70-71 season (i am 44, one of the oldies) and was hooked from the word go

best moments (as if you couldn't guess) were the milk cup semi (if you are over 30 you will remember!! our european season, 92-93 and recently December 21 this year (sorry guys)

we are going well at present, but come on you lot, put someone decent in defence and you could join us in the premiership (and by the way, what has happened to andy marshall?) lol

have lived all over the uk and abroad but still remain a committed and passionate norwich fan, i am lucky enough to have many ipswich town mates as i used to live in beccles

by the way, great site!!

chris

Chrisavo

Post by chris » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:02 pm

I just reliased I haven't put my life on here.

I'm a 29 Aussie living in New York City for some reason (well my wife is from here and she wanted to live here for a bit before we go back home for good). Nothing against New York, because it is far more tolerable than the rest of the country (I wont get into politics), but it's nothing on Sydney.

My Dad's family are from Ipswich, most are still there. His parents moved out to Australia for a new start after WWII.

You will see me at the Portman Road Nottingham Forest game in April with Kelly. It would be great to meet some of you a the burger van!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:35 pm

well after posting on here for ages I think its finally time to post a little about myself.Born in letchworth herts Ive supported ipswich since76 when I was a kid of about 9yrs old.I was in the RAF for nine years both in the uk and abroad and went to the falklands though it was officially over when I was posted there.Im married with two daughters that are both born on the same day 11yrs apart... thursday 10th october..easy to remember birthdays,though my oldest daughter lives in england with her mother and step father.My wife is danish so that is why I live here in denmark in a place called aarhus.Im a chef and work hard for a living as we chefs do.Favourite players john wark,matty,and always liked stewey ans scowcroft as well as mariner,whymark partnership.Many good memeries throughout the years but the canerystuffing at PR takes some beating.
Hates: bad manners,racists,unnecessary bad language,yellow and green
I think thats about it Im sure you will all hear more from THE BON BON in future

Pissing On The Budgie's

Post by Pissing On The Budgie's » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:56 pm

Hey Guys
well im 15 Male I was born in Nottingham and still live there. Just doing my GCSE's which am falling hoping to go to College next yr. I should be getting a Town Season ticket with my dad (Who doesnt support Town) I go to most away game. Fav players are Miller and Kuqi. I fu*king hate Jemaine Wright & Marshall. If you want to know any more just ask

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:35 pm

Hi, I'm 16 and am in the 6th form at Lincolnshire's famous William Farr School. I used to live in essex so started supporting Ipswich when we were in the prem. First game at PR was home to blackburn back in '94 we lost 3-1 :( Didn't stop em though, best games would be Play-off final and home to Sheff Utd last year. Don't get to PR as much as I'd like but any away matched in the east midlands or yorkshire, I'm there.

Pissing On The Budgie's

Post by Pissing On The Budgie's » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:18 am

monstermunch wrote:Hi, I'm 16 and am in the 6th form at Lincolnshire's famous William Farr School. I used to live in essex so started supporting Ipswich when we were in the prem. First game at PR was home to blackburn back in '94 we lost 3-1 :( Didn't stop em though, best games would be Play-off final and home to Sheff Utd last year. Don't get to PR as much as I'd like but any away matched in the east midlands or yorkshire, I'm there.
You dont live all that far away from me

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:07 pm

Im Tim, been an ITFC fan all my life.

Was mascot when i was 8, and am now 16.

Go to GCUS Sixth Form, in Cornard. about 35 mins drive from the ground.

Was mascot against Crystal Palace, we won 1-0, Mathie(my favourite-lol) was the only scorer. It was the first game of the season with our new sponsers Greene King.

Anyway, back to my lovely ICT lesson-lol

Laters all

bowditch_4eva

about you

Post by bowditch_4eva » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:02 pm

well im 15 live in Bury got 3 m8s on ere they r lewis babe, vicky_babe and kat 17 my msn is foxi_ladi4@hotmai.com can email me i luv 2 see Deano play i fink he is a gd player n got a hatrick come on Deano :roll: :)

Fully

Post by Fully » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:11 pm

Ok. Im 15 i live in Yorkshire and ive been an Ipswich fan all my life. The reason i support ITFC is because my dad's dad lived in Orford near Woodbridge, and he is an avid Ipswich fan so it has been passed through generations. I'm currently studying for 12 GCSEs. I am quite intelligent and ive got a good sense of humour when im in the right mood. I'm interested in Travel and Tourism and when im older i want to work abroad. errrrm...don't know what else to mention.. oh yeh ive got plenty of sport interests. I play rugby,football and cricket for school-which we won our local cup. And I like designing things for football clubs etc

ATB

Post by ATB » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:28 pm

you know.... i don't think i've replied to this message..

most people on here know about me anyway :P

born and bred in the best city in the best country in the world SYDNEY!
but follow the best football team on the exact opposite side of the world.... why you ask?? well to be honest i didn't know when i started supporting town.. but i've grown to love em.. (i'm a tad obsessed actually).. basically i'm a sports nut

anywhoo im an civil engineering student at the University of NSW in Sydney, i'm in my final year of engineering so in less than 12 months time i'll be qualified to design buildings, tunnels, and bridges SCARY HUH!! i've just started a Masters of Commerce which will extend my time at uni by an extra year...

anywhoo that's about it....
catch you round... maybe...

Mork

Re: About YOU!

Post by Mork » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:02 pm

Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
Ok.......

I'm 30 year old, married father of 2 boys, aged 3 and 6 months. I live in Cambridge, where I've been for about 8 years - prior to that I spent some time in the West Midlands (mostly at Uni), where I followed Coventry on and off, but never really had the time nor money to get into it. I was born and bred in Essex, with my father being an on/off Town fan, so moving to Cambridgeshire was ideally timed with my ability to afford to attend matches reguarly :)

I'm a Systems Manager at a large American Telecommunications Company, and am currently looking for a new job cos I'm sick of driving 100 miles to work each day.

Hmm, that's it.

fuzzy_spiral

Post by fuzzy_spiral » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:24 pm

Hi there folks.

I'm Denzil, but go by the name fuzzy_spiral nearly everywhere including ebay. I'm 30years old, married to Laura with our three month old son Tyrus. We are living in cornwall for the moment, but not for long as we will be moving to Rendlesham within the next month to month and a half.

As I've lived in the south-west all my life, I like so many others have followed Manchester United almost on default, although I have since the age of 8 so before they got all their success, adament I am not a glory-boy. I also only followed them because a friend introduced me to them at that age and they where the first team I followed. However I never made it up to Old Trafford and didn't really feel like a true fan, so I generally gave my support to ManU but appriciated all football regardless.

But by my 30th birthday this year I am sad to say that I had never made it to a live league match. At then end of March I went to see Villa v's Blackburn as one of my brothers is a villa fan. Not a good match for Villa, but I enjoyed the day. With the move to the Ipswich area confirmed as we are going to help my mother who also just moved into the area to start up a new buisness, I decieded to go watch Ipswich. My father went along, who has also followed football all his life, even playing in his youth for a welsh team. He supported Cardiff in his youth, but no one really since, and as we arrived at Portman Road for the first time to watch Sunderland at home we both felt that Ipswich was our new footballing home. We grabbed some shirts out of the shop and headed out there to watch a tense but brilliant game.

Since that day I consider myself a Tractor-boy, brought my son Ipswich baby clothes as he will be a life-long Tractor-boy :wink: and can't wait to get up to Suffolk so I can grab a season ticket and join the supporters club. It must be fate as well, as I never realised that Ipswich has a white horse as a symbol, which matches the American Football team I have supported (much more so than ManU) over the last sixteen years, the Denver Broncos.

Scribbled on a little there, but that's my nature I suppose.. so hi to all and hope to see you out there.

BigBoyBlue

Post by BigBoyBlue » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:21 pm

waddup. im 17 born and bred in london. im passonate towards ipswich and england both rugby and football. im easy goin and will talk to almost anything. i hope i'll be accepted as a fellow tractor-boy and let the good times role!!

ITFCJAMES

Post by ITFCJAMES » Wed May 05, 2004 7:56 pm

I am 12 years old and I have supported Ipswich Town all my short life. I used to play for St Johns U13s, but I left at the weekend. I bought the new Total 90's, what a sad life I live!!! I follow very closely on the first-team, reserves and the U19 team and collect football programmes as well as teamsheets. I have got every single teamsheet from every single home and away U19 match this season. Until Town's U17 got brushed aside, I used to study them. I collect player stats and also wait after every Town game for the opposition autographs (I have all of Narwich, West Ham, Scumberland, even Kidderminster!!!) Even Birmingham U19 (but their goalie Colin Doyle woz on 1st team bench vs Arsenal other day). Overall, most ppl think i ave a sad life. Oh yeh, i go to holywells high school and my form tutor is angus smith.

Westie

Post by Westie » Fri May 07, 2004 12:02 am

Well am 15 i live in Nottingham i havent got to many games this season due to school work, i shall be going to most the away games next season, so if you wanna meet me just ask :D

Adz C

Post by Adz C » Fri May 07, 2004 1:22 am

thort id betta introduce myself cuz ive done a few posts alredy n sum of u mite b thinkin wher the hell did he come from!? (or not :? )
my names adam, im 17 and liv in needingworth, a village jus outside cambridge. bin supportin town since 1995 when i went 2 my first game gainst blackburn. fave town player is pablo.
(p.s. sorry bout the cambridge post i kno it was a cr*p post n no1 realy cares, but hey i was kinda excited!!?)

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:27 pm

Ok Im Bruce , im 36 and im an alcoholic

There i feel better now - stage 1 done " admiting you have a problem

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:30 pm

Seriously though , im Rob ( im not going to tell you my surname , youll only laugh :( )im 16 in felixstowe ( wooo )

In the winter im going to town matches and bumming round watching TV and snowboarding for 2 weeks

In the summer , im canoeing , windsurfing , kitesurfing , swimming and generally bumming round on the beach

Got ten whole weeks of that coming up after ive done my Exams :roll:
Then im going into 6th form to do it all again :roll:

Been Following town forrever i suppose

Greatest momment was hearing we had been Promoted in a layby by a lake in france and running like a fool to tell my dad , thats when i really got into it i suppose

Dont have a season ticket but try to get to as many games a posssible ( Cash Permiting :roll: ) ,and i can usually be found drumming on the Ceiling in North upper Row X wooooooo

kat17

Post by kat17 » Tue May 18, 2004 4:36 pm

BOO!
Im Kat and im 14 (yr 9 @ skool)! i live in Ipswich and go Westbourne high :roll: lol! my fav playa is bowditch (surprise, surprise). my nannas on here, she's reetpetite! ive gt Kat17 o da bk of my shirt dats why my names Kat17 on here! :D :D

bubi! :D

uk_peanut01

Post by uk_peanut01 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:36 pm

16 from felixstowe

season ticket holder moving to greene king loweer nxt year near the big mout of reusers girl.

supported ipswich too long

that bout it

Georgie_2690

Post by Georgie_2690 » Tue May 25, 2004 4:31 pm

i could have sworn i had done this before, but obviously not!!!

Right im 13, 14 on the 2nd of June :D

Go to Holywells High, greaaaaaaaaat!

Me name is Georgina but please do not call me Georgia (no offence) calle me George or Georgie.

Met most of the people who go to the BV.

I live inIpswich, 20 minute walk from PR.

If ya wanna now owt else just PM me or ask on ere.

itfc_rach

Post by itfc_rach » Wed May 26, 2004 5:36 pm

hey my name is rachel aka rach! i have been an itfc since i was born i guess! its been in the family for years lol! im 15years old and i go 2 copleston. my fave player is darren bent but im a big fan of deano n westy as well! if ya wana chat or woteva just pm me or sumfin!!!

Floors

Re: About YOU!

Post by Floors » Thu May 27, 2004 2:35 pm

Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
36 year old lived in Ipswich was in forces but still followed town. First game was 1977 we beat Barcelona 3-0.(they had Johan Cruyff then) and he hardly touched the ball...Well living with my bird in Denmark now so keeping up with town is important. Will still go to games when I go home to visit the folks though. I wish all the best for the next season, come on town you can do it,