JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

RRanger

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Post by RRanger » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:32 pm

That'll teach me to post before I check Marko,of course you're correct., but I still think once he's settled in ,the fans will love him. My mate lives and breathes Wimbledon - you can't even mention the MK Dons in his presence - and he knows his football, he thinks we have bought a gem.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:48 pm

RRanger wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:40 pm
Me too Mike. If he starts banging in goals for us and we do get promoted he could be one of the best investments the club has ever made . Wimbledon are saying he has beaten their transfer club record which was about £1.2 million so I'd expect all the probable add- ons ( goals ,appearances, promotion etc) to take the figure to around £2m but just imagine what he could be worth as a successful 23 year old striker in the Premiership at today's prices !!

I’m sure Wimbledon will have made sure they included a decent “sell on” clause in the contract and chose Town to sell him to. This in the knowledge that McKenna is as likely as any manager to realise Al Hamadi’s full potential and maximise his value probably way beyond what Wimbledon are likely to achieve. Hopefully a win win for both clubs.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm
Ricco wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:39 pm
I keep coming on here to see if there has been any interesting and concrete news, I really must stop that, because all the rumours and speculation are doing my head in!

What I will add is that it looks like we dodged a bullet with Simms in the summer, he looks like he's been a £6-8m flop for Coventry this season at least!
Hearts in the SPL was his limit.
Seems like he rescued a point tonight.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:02 am

Anyone else have a squeaky bum?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:02 am
Yes, I put too much curry powder in the peanut curry I had for tea tonight.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:33 am

Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 am
number 9 wrote:
Lol! Well there are distinctions to be made when talking about a squeaky bum. Too much curry powder will certainly create an itchy bum. However, from my experiences a squeaky bum is more in tune with nervousness. Now there is also an explosive bum…don’t worry I won’t go into detail. And of course there is the puckered bum…which most of us will experience if we don’t get another striker!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:36 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:33 am
Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 am
number 9 wrote:
Lol! Well there are distinctions to be made when talking about a squeaky bum. Too much curry powder will certainly create an itchy bum. However, from my experiences a squeaky bum is more in tune with nervousness. Now there is also an explosive bum…don’t worry I won’t go into detail. And of course there is the puckered bum…which most of us will experience if we don’t get another striker!
Put me down for all of the above at one point or another. A victim of our own success, it's made this season pretty intense, it's not the comfortable mid table season I was hoping for at the start of the season. I guess who we do or don't get in tomorrow has the potential to make or break the season.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:44 am

I think we’ll fall off into the playoffs zone…which is still amazing! We don’t have the depth of the Leicesters, Southamptons and Leeds. That’s ok though! It’s really great to be an ITFC fan right now…puckered bum and all. Remember Bristol!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:59 am

Deadline is 11pm Thursday

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 am

Brooks on loan to Southampton- strong signing that.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:50 pm

I see Blackburn have agreed an initial fee of £18m with Crystal Palace to sell midfielder Adam Wharton.

The 19-year-old will travelled to London yesterday with the transfer expected to complete before tomorrow’s deadline. With add ons the fee could rise to £22m.

This transfer may well increase their reluctance to sell Sam Gallagher.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:53 pm

shabba wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 am
I’m amazed their squad needs strengthening or for that matter they even have space for another player.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:13 pm

We are approaching the last dance for this transfer window. I expect a flurry of moves that will make all these earlier ones make sense.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:19 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:13 pm
We are approaching the last dance for this transfer window. I expect a flurry of moves that will make all these earlier ones make sense.
And you know what? I think I'm going to have a sense of disappointment once it is all over. We've really struggled to draw in our targets in the last two windows (unless I'm proved wrong tomorrow).

The three proven strikers at this level that we've been linked with don't seem bothered to come here. We're really going to have to pull something out the hat, better players are going to our direct competition for promotion...

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:26 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:53 pm
shabba wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 am
I’m amazed their squad needs strengthening or for that matter they even have space for another player.
I think they sold 848 players in the summer, for combined value of 86 trillion.

Or at least it seemed like that.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:27 pm

Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:19 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:13 pm
And you know what? I think I'm going to have a sense of disappointment once it is all over. We've really struggled to draw in our targets in the last two windows (unless I'm proved wrong tomorrow).

The three proven strikers at this level that we've been linked with don't seem bothered to come here. We're really going to have to pull something out the hat, better players are going to our direct competition for promotion...
Yep - when you look at all that has happened (or not) in this window and the last, it's difficult to draw any other conclusion

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:48 pm

All the reports I've read have said Gallagher is very keen to come here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:02 pm

Looks like Gallagher deal is “ dead”!

Ipswich Town: Latest on Sam Gallagher, Kieffer Moore, Jessic Ngankam

IPSWICH TOWN FC

By Stuart Watson
Stuart_Watson
Chief Football Writer

Sam Gallagher, Kieffer Moore and Jessic Ngankam are all players of interest to Ipswich Town heading towards the final day of the January transfer window.

Blackburn Rovers have told Ipswich Town that striker Sam Gallagher is not for sale.

The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that the Blues tabled a £2m bid for the 28-year-old front man, but that Rovers, initially receptive to negotiations, had a change of heart about letting go a player who has netted 47 times in 217 appearances for the club.

Jon Dahl Tomasson's men have slipped to 18th in the Championship table after claiming just five points from their last 10 games.

They are reportedly closing in on the signing of USA striker Duncan McGuire from MLS outfit Orlando City for a fee of around £2.3m, though it's understood that will not change their position on Gallagher.

The 6ft 4in front man grabbed a goal and two assists in Blackburn's 4-1 home win against Wrexham in the FA Cup fourth round on Monday night and, following a recent return from injury, is seen as the man who can fire them up and away from the danger zone.

Ipswich boss Kieran McKenna is keen to add another striker to his Premier League promotion-chasing squad before tomorrow's 11pm deadline.

An injury to George Hirst (6G, 7A), Tottenham recalling Dane Scarlett and the wantaway Freddie Ladapo being allowed to join Charlton on loan has left Kayden Jackson leading the line for the last three league games.

The highly-rated and energetic young Ali Al-Hamidi arrived in a £1m+ deal from League Two club AFC Wimbledon on Monday, with McKenna saying: "We feel can have an impact in the squad straight away, but also has room to grow and develop for the future.”

It's understood that Ipswich remain at the table for Bournemouth front man Kieffer Moore, along with Championship rivals Sunderland and Cardiff.

The Cherries are only likely to let their Welsh international go out on loan if they keep hold of main man Dominic Solanke. Tottenham have been linked with him, though boss Ange Postecoglu has said today that it is 'unlikely' he will sign anyone before the deadline.

Cardiff's resolve to bring Moore back to South Wales could be strengthened by another one of their targets, Serbian striker Andrej Ilic, reportedly heading to French club Lille in a €4m deal, while Sunderland's spending power could be boosted if Lazio reach the club's valuation for star winger Jack Clarke.

The EADT and Ipswich Star also understands that, as reported in Germany, the Blues have made an ambitious enquiry about Eintracht Frankfurt's bustling striker Jessic Ngankam. The 23-year-old former Germany U21 international has struggled for game time in the Bundesliga this season and is said to be interesting the likes of Luton, Royal Antwerp, Hellas Verona and Mainz.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:33 pm

I don’t blame Blackburn for not selling if they don’t want too. Gallagher only signed a new contract 12 months ago and although it runs out at the end of the season Blackburn do have a 1yr extension option built in. I’m not sure what our wages paid look like at the moment but Gallagher is already on £750k pa which I would have thought is at our top end.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:35 pm

Blackburn have raised a big lump from that sale of Wharton so need to sell Gallagher, I know Blackburn are nor having the best of times financially, but thats the same for a lot of clubs.

Can either see this german lad or another, doubt Moore will be coming tbh.

If we do not get someone else in then its definitely play offs seeing that Brooks has been loaned to Southampton, solid move that.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:41 pm

Just been looking at Town player salaries and a few surprises like Joe Piggott paid the same as Conor Chaplin £390k which is more than double Nathan Broadhead £156k.

Freddie was on £380k too so that’s a big saving.

George Hirst our highest paid player on £890k and Vaclav Hladky £330k is now higher paid than Christian Walton £310k.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:46 pm

hmmmm - with those figures so readily available, maybe that explains why Broadhead's form has dropped

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:55 pm

But surely they play for the love of football, not they money lol.

Well thats what the Man Utd players tell me anyway.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:08 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:41 pm
Just been looking at Town player salaries and a few surprises like Joe Piggott paid the same as Conor Chaplin £390k which is more than double Nathan Broadhead £156k.

George Hirst our highest paid player on £890k and Vaclav Hladky £330k is now higher paid than Christian Walton £310k.
Where do you get those figures from? I don't believe players personal salary information is readily available. Contracts are private 🤔

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:16 pm

Blackburn in the hunt for a striker from the MLS according to sky sports. Could open the door for Gallagher?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:32 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:16 pm
Blackburn in the hunt for a striker from the MLS according to sky sports. Could open the door for Gallagher?
Blackburn have snapped that Gallagher is not for sale at least 3 times since they've been publicly linked with the United States of American.

Can't see us getting Moore, can't see us getting Gallagher... so that leaves us with what? Either nothing, a signing from left field that none of us saw coming, or a punt on a foreign player by the looks of it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:43 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:46 pm
hmmmm - with those figures so readily available, maybe that explains why Broadhead's form has dropped
And why we ditched Ladapo !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 pm

Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:32 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:16 pm
Blackburn have snapped that Gallagher is not for sale at least 3 times since they've been publicly linked with the United States of American.

Can't see us getting Moore, can't see us getting Gallagher... so that leaves us with what? Either nothing, a signing from left field that none of us saw coming, or a punt on a foreign player by the looks of it.
Think i'll join in on this transfer chat........, yep, its Messi from the MLS for Blackburn. Apparently its a £200M deal and on £1M a week plus scoring bonuses. In the early morning Miami News, he's quoted as saying, (direct quote) "All I've ever wanted to do in life, since a small child, is play for Blackburn."

Could be BS though, so don't read too much into it.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:46 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:08 pm
Charnwood wrote:

Where do you get those figures from? I don't believe players personal salary information is readily available. Contracts are private 🤔
I suspect there is a way to find out, unsure if tis via a clubs account, if peoples tax returns are public etc (if you earn over 100k PA you must fill in a tax return even if on PAYE).

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:52 pm

shabba wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:46 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:08 pm
Charnwood wrote:

I suspect there is a way to find out, unsure if tis via a clubs account, if peoples tax returns are public etc (if you earn over 100k PA you must fill in a tax return even if on PAYE).
Going to say a huge NO to that. :lol: Know a sole trader dude, (Paint & Decor), no employees, 5 bedroom house, double garage, 2 kids, girlfriend has car, he has normal car plus Subaru 4 million horsepower Impreza, a BMW motorbike, a man-cave with a bigger telly than Captain Kirk, with all stations, plus a pool table........, and no relatives are dead yet!!

But......., if you find out they ARE available....., he is my first port of call. :lol: