Who is your favorite Town player of all time?

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Watership Down

Re: Who is your favorite Town player of all time?

Post by Watership Down » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm

mdtractorboy wrote:Paul Cooper was my hero as a lad
Have a picture of Paul Cooper with my daughter sitting on his knee. It was an advertising stint in Sudbury Suffolk for the local Ford dealer

morph

Post by morph » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:55 am

Paul Mariner.

Blueboyfan

Post by Blueboyfan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

nickyblue2 wrote:where to start, bacon & eggs!! Beattie & Hunter, Flying Dutchmen Muhren & Thjssen, also Mariner, Mills, butcher, Holland and super Cooper.
mmmm...me to there is to many to mention :) but we must not forget about the cup final side plus Roger Osbourne who scored that goal!! :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Has to be the Flying Dutchmen for me. Frans and Arnold certainly shaped me as a midfielder...and of course I've always been a huge fan of Johan Cruyff (RIP). I still can't understand why so many Premier League midfielders lack ball control and the ability to pass accurately. Maybe they should watch the three Dutchmen I've mentioned.

Of course there are many other ITFC players I admire:

Warky-great finisher.
Beattie-brickhouse defender who could also dribble the ball.
Mariner-beat defenders for fun in the box scoring great goals.
Whymark-excellent winger...wish we had one of him now.
Gatesy-tough little poacher.

I could go on and on about the golden years. I recent years I've also had a few favs:

Marcus Stewart-scored lots of crunch goals.
Jamie Clapham-decent player.
James Scowcroft-good winger had potential to be great, but kind of faded.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:16 am

Don't possess a favorite player, club's seen such an array of talent and characters going back far enough it would seem unfair to single out just any one individual.

Names considered : Counago, Paul Mason, Mathie, Phillips, Crawford, Wark, Brazil, Marcus Stewart, Tarrico, Frans Thijssen