Good Evening

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Fully

Good Evening

Post by Fully » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Good Evening all

Been a long time since I last posted on here (2011) and having first met a few people a decade ago last month, I thought I would pop my head in and see how we're all getting on.

Just been reminiscing about the forum in the good old days with Riv, Wicked, Susie, Eddie, Dazza et al. Be nice to see a few friendly faces around.

Anyway, hope you're all well and if I don't manage to get back on before Christmas, hope you all have a wonderful time.

Fully

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Good Evening

Post by Frosty » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:03 am

Hi Fully,

Great to see you back on here!

Stick around as we make our first concerted effort towards the 'Promised Land' :D

Cheers Dave

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Welcome back fully good to see you back here again

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:36 am

Oh hello stranger. Nice to see you back in the fold.

Hang around by all means. It would be nice to have some additional input. How's things been with you?

Fully

Post by Fully » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies and welcome backs.

Things have been not too bad. Busy working as per usual and still try to get to Town games when and where possible. I have fallen out of love with football to an extent but will never stop supporting the Blues.

How about you guys? Anything new with you?

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Good to see ya around pudden.. :P

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:09 am

Fully wrote:Hi guys

Thanks for the replies and welcome backs.

Things have been not too bad. Busy working as per usual and still try to get to Town games when and where possible. I have fallen out of love with football to an extent but will never stop supporting the Blues.

How about you guys? Anything new with you?
I had the exact same thing. A lot in part to personal issues, but also the way the game is portrayed now. Asinine salaries, corrupt federations, and one or two other things than can be spared elaboration this occasion. Took a huge effort to get involved again even with this club after falling away so badly I couldn't even recognize the (new) team since last having an interest - which incidentally dates back to around 1976. Couldn't just allow that to slip by / give up.

Guess i'm trying to say that even through adversity and a tangible dislike of what the game has now become, we have to at least try to keep the best interest of what occurs with our club side. Obviously this season has been a big assistance what with the surprise promotion push.

crazy

Post by crazy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Me and you started our hello post very similarly :lol:
im back with you too :lol:

Fully

Post by Fully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:02 pm

crazy wrote:Me and you started our hello post very similarly :lol:
im back with you too :lol:
You're just a copycat :)

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Well, now is certainly the time to get back in here.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:18 am

Ohiotractorboy wrote:Well, now is certainly the time to get back in here.
You mean the team in contention for a promotion ? It's not just that there's a number of names that once participated on these pages that hardly bother now, and a great many never came back. I don't need to names names, those who have been involved long enough will know the individuals concerned. This (miscellaneous) section was regularly busy some five or six years back but it's never been able to remain as consistent as before. I'd estimate around 80 per cent of all members don't even use it, they just stick to the general Town and soccer index.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:21 am

Yes, I meant since we are in the hunt for promotion since God knows when.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:38 am

Ohiotractorboy wrote:Yes, I meant since we are in the hunt for promotion since God knows when.
Didn't join up until 2007 so just missed out on the Royle era and the play-offs of 2003 - 2005. Would like to have been involved for that, and as part of a very good Town side at the time also.

Unfortunately after that it was a time when Magilton, Jewell and Keane were making a determined effort to bring embarrassment on the club and since registering, in all honesty there hasn't been an awful lot to shout for.

Too bad we didn't have these forum things around in say 1981 when Town were at their supreme best, there would have been some damn fine talk and activity.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:18 am

You sure, Saint?

They missed out on the league title a few times narrowly to Aston Villa & Liverpool, finished 3rd a couple of times....... I'm sure there'd be a different type of frustration back then....., the type that Man Utd fans are experiencing now.