Ipswich Town vs Hull City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another Goal Fest huh?

Ipswich Win
27%
Hull Win
36%
Draw
36%

Total votes: 11

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Hull City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 pm

To think earlier this season we were the most prolific goalscorers in the Championship, wtf has happened to go from that to where we are now.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Has everyone gone to bed ?

Oh well, i’ll put the telly back on and see what José Mourinho has to say, that should be fun. :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

Gave the game a miss for the primary reason there is essentially nothing left in the season to fight for. Add to that, the probability of another repeat of previous games i.e. lack of effort and all that the bullshit entails. Seems a correct choice was undertaken.

McCarthy this, McCarthy that, but as the one individual responsible for team selection and how the squad performs week in week out, I want that f**king reprobate out. Seems the team selection was once again questionable and we didn't really make anything near a required effort. Reports say thirteen thousand were in attendance, if they had any idea about what was to occur, that figure would appear questionable.

Sad to see a team I've taken an interest in for more years that I can remember in such a state of disarray. If that sorry as* is given a contract extension in the summer then will seriously consider taking a break from it all. Marcus Evans is just as culpable for what's happened here, wish with a vengeance both of them would f*ck off and distance themselves from Ipswich Town Football Club as far as humanly possible.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Angry does not come close. f*ck off Mick. And saying fans were giving it to acadrmy boys, the pr*ck is now intent on driving a wedge between fans and players. This has all gone too far. He has to go and it has to be now

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Charnwood wrote:The run of five matches without a league goal at Portman Road is the longest barren spell in our history. Luckily only 13,031 were there to see it !
Just been listening to the phone in on bbc Suffolk and the fans recon less than 10,000
MM had a huddle at the end with the players and made gestures towards the crowd as he was leaving they are saying.

Maybe we still count all paid up season ticket holders as being present ?
Next season should be fun another 2,000 less and I will be one of those not renewing....

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 am

Evans must surely act now?

McCarthy has clearly lost the plot, Just WTF was THAT line up tonight all about, for a supposedly “ must win game”?

The body language of the Town players when Hull scored their first goal said it all. To a man, Every single one of them visibly shrunk in height, like they were already defeated. Why?

Ps McCarthy looks like a beaten, demoralised man to me. He also looks disheveled and dare I say it, unwell!! I think despite what he says, the situation IS getting to him, yet he’s too proud (stubborn?), to walk away.

No one wants him to be unwell from the stress of it all, but looking at him post match and pre match interviews he clearly is under a lot of pressure now, Evans needs to act now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 am

Last nights performance was not worthy of a match report, with the exception of Grant Ward it was unacceptable, woeful, dross, embarrassing, shocking, laughable, sad, inept, clueless, passionless and just not f**king on. Can't take this crap anymore, the team selection defied logic with players left on the bench because they may get a booking FFS. Gleeson, Knudsen, Hyam, Spence, Celina and Sears please just all f*ck Off now.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Bluemike wrote:Last nights performance was not worthy of a match report, with the exception of Grant Ward it was unacceptable, woeful, dross, embarrassing, shocking, laughable, sad, inept, clueless, passionless and just not f**king on. Can't take this crap anymore, the team selection defied logic with players left on the bench because they may get a booking FFS. Gleeson, Knudsen, Hyam, Spence, Celina and Sears please just all f*ck Off now.
I couldn't believe it when I heard that comment. Was going to go to Brentford but have now decided to save my money instead.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Another example of how paper-thin the squad really is. Lack of funding, lack of attacking football leads to inconsistency and p*ss poor results. I'm gonna have a look at ME's next business convention calendar. I'll post it shortly. Maybe a couple hundred fans can show up with banners? Are protests even legal in the U.K.?...It's been so long since I lived there, I don't know the rules anymore.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm no fan of MM's, but all these people calling for him to go makes me laugh.

Who are we going to get in who will be any better than him, given the total lack of funding and support he gets from the owner and that insipid moron of an MD?

Fact is, we have 1 or 2 reasonable players and the rest are shít. That's not MM's fault, it's down to the owner.

I said on this board years ago that ME was using the club as a tax benefit for his main company, and was slated for it.
But that is looking more and more to be the case.

I expect next season to be no different - no money for players and all we bring in is journeymen who nobody else wants. With MM as manager we would probably manage to stay in this division in spite of this. Without MM....God help us.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm

You know what Rossi, until recently I agreed with you, I stuck up for MM when most others wanted him gone, however I'm pretty sure you haven't been to Portman road recently cus it can't continue like this, whether its Micks fault or not the fans have decided he has to go, there is no going back, the club is dying, MM is responsible for stupid bloody team selections and negative tactics, nobody else, top scorer on the bench last nite in case he got booked ? f**king stupid. I get that we may regret losing MM , it concerns me too, unfortunately we have NO choice now.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:01 pm

he left Waghorn and Connoly out in case they got booked but even if they did it would be a 2 game ban? So he left them out, will he leave them out against Bristol City too? If so that's 2 games they wont have started, the same as a ban if they did get one!

Ironically if they play Sat and get booked they would have missed pretty much 3 games rather than the 2. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Mick was his own worst enemy last night and im surprised the players stick up for him as he put them under so much more unnecessary pressure last night with a bizarre lineup. Im not sure I liked the walking off together bit at the end, I feel it may be further dividing the fan base and the players/manager. I get that he hasn't lost the dressing room but im worried the players are now dragged into the them v us thing.

To be honest last night was one of the saddest games ive ever been to at PR, dejected, apathy turned to anger, then died back down to apathty before anger returned. It felt so demoralizing and this just isn't an environment anyone can succeed in. Last night made me realize I feel he has to go now, not at the end of the season, we just cant continue

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 pm

To be fair to Mick he did say that he thought the team he put out had enough to beat Hull. I suppose he wants to be at full strength against Bristol City on Saturday and honestly I might have done something similar hoping to wangle 3 points on Tuesday and have one last crack at the play-offs in pretty much a cup final against Bristol.

Unfortunately the team selected last night seems to have let him down and possibly he underestimated Hull too. It does demonstrate how thin the squad is for sure. Maybe it was a misjudgement by Mick also to think further ahead than the next game (as he always says).

Anyway that's it for this season now, even I have to concede defeat on the playoffs.

By the way what's this about Garner 'declaring himself unfit' yesterday? This seems to have escaped comment. I know his wife had a new baby this week but was there just the hint of dissent with this or is he genuinely injured?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Re Garner. Maybe problems with wife or child or indeed tired from everything that goes on in families after the birth of a child. Could be mentally unfit. Can't see him declaring himself unfit just for the sake of it.

Nice post regarding the Mevans conferences, and all happening soon. Let's see a few hundred Blues fans noising up the joint making themselves heard. You never know, one of his posh peers may suggest "getting out of the football malarkey"!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:To be fair to Mick he did say that he thought the team he put out had enough to beat Hull. I suppose he wants to be at full strength against Bristol City on Saturday and honestly I might have done something similar hoping to wangle 3 points on Tuesday and have one last crack at the play-offs in pretty much a cup final against Bristol.

Unfortunately the team selected last night seems to have let him down and possibly he underestimated Hull too. It does demonstrate how thin the squad is for sure. Maybe it was a misjudgement by Mick also to think further ahead than the next game (as he always says).

Anyway that's it for this season now, even I have to concede defeat on the playoffs.

By the way what's this about Garner 'declaring himself unfit' yesterday? This seems to have escaped comment. I know his wife had a new baby this week but was there just the hint of dissent with this or is he genuinely injured?

Apparently Garner is struggling with an ongoing injury, Mick said he would not play too much until after the international break.

Also get your point about rotating squad but if you do that then don't come out with the BS about protecting against yellow cards. Also if you play Sears as a lone striker you cant then lump the ball long to him, its complete idiocy. I don't think I can explain how volatile the atmosphere was last night, there is always one game where you know things are at an end and last night was it. I thought a few times before were but this was a huge section of a very small crowd making there feelings known. He was booed and shouted at when HT came, he was booed as he came out for second half, he was taunted by all 4 stands (including Hull fans) and then at the end was pelted with people calling for his head. This just isn't something that can feasibly continue, the "minority" last night showed they are quite a bit bigger than Mick thinks they are.

I still think he will be gone after Bristol City, I think he will be booted out and replaced with a new manager just before ST renewals come out, just a feeling

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm

[quote="number 9"]http://www.marcusevans-conferences-paneuropean.com/[/quote]

:roll: Re this link to Marcus Evans enterprises and functions, I loved the seminars articles on how to run a successful business to many thousands of company's through out Europe, with a priority of close contact between company management and of course your customer base, without which you wouldn't have a business, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, of course to be successful you must have a good customer relationship, Its a pity he hasn't learned that Ipswich Town Football Club is an entertainment business, and to be successful, you must have a proper contact with your customer base i.e. the Fans, how the hell can you have success, if your not prepared to go and meet your customers, and listen to their needs, its just common sense in running a business, but that doesn't seem to sink in with Mr Evans, if and when you own a business with a potential large customer base, and your not interested in its day to day functioning's, or meeting your customers, then the best thing is to move on to another business area of which you have many to choose from, where not meeting your clientele, and just hiding behind a desk, and other work areas is your favoured invisible option, then please allow the customers to tell you where to go with your ownership, and stop using the Ipswich Town FC business as a plaything and Tax Loss, and also after 6 years of scrimping, its about time you backed your Business manager Mr McCarthy, who has shown loyalty beyond his managerial post, and is trying to bring you a successful club on a limited budget. Sorry Mr Evans but to be successful in any company you must speculate to accumulate, otherwise your business will die and go into receivership, so please do the decent thing and have more communication with your fading customer base, or sell up to someone who will be proud and enjoy meeting with the fans, and invest to bring success to ITFC.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Who is he going to be replaced with before ST renewal time , Charlton? You heard whispers? Let's hear them, dude.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 pm

You make great points there, Ashford......, but......., paragraph that sh*t, buddy! Need to a paracetamol now! :D

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:You know what Rossi, until recently I agreed with you, I stuck up for MM when most others wanted him gone, however I'm pretty sure you haven't been to Portman road recently cus it can't continue like this, whether its Micks fault or not the fans have decided he has to go, there is no going back, the club is dying, MM is responsible for stupid bloody team selections and negative tactics, nobody else, top scorer on the bench last nite in case he got booked ? f**king stupid. I get that we may regret losing MM , it concerns me too, unfortunately we have NO choice now.
You're right, Mike, I have not been to Portman Road since the opening game of the season.
You know why - you know that 4 seasons ago I decided not to renew the ST I had had for almost 50 years because I felt I could not support Evans in any way: since then I have cherry-picked games but have got increasingly angry at how the club I love is being slowly strangled by a greedy loathsome owner who has absolutely no interest in the club other than the losses it can make (and thus be written off against his more profitable businesses), so after the opening game this season I decided not to come again as long as he owns the club.

Believe me, I have heard many things about him in the City, and nothing complementary at all.

Yes the club has been and is going rapidly downhill - however I think people are making MM the scapegoat and that's not right - the problem is Evans.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 pm

marko69 wrote:You make great points there, Ashford......, but......., paragraph that sh*t, buddy! Need to a paracetamol now! :D
Marco :cry: :cry: you should be crying with the sincerity of the message :astroll: not a bloody headache pill

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 pm

I'll tell you what nearly made me cry tonight, Ash, ....... coming home and seeing the stepsons best mate wearing this sh*t.

"What......., its like Hibs!"
"Aye but its no Hibs ya wee caaaant."

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 pm

marko69 wrote:Who is he going to be replaced with before ST renewal time , Charlton? You heard whispers? Let's hear them, dude.
No whispers heard just putting s few things together (2+2=7 probably!)

Milne said on sat that the manager situation would be announced at same time as ST renewals in around 2 weeks time but also said things like timing is important and we have to woo fans back. MM then being mega pissed at the press conference and seeing the crowd turn big time last night. Up until last night I thought he would see out the season..

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:To be fair to Mick he did say that he thought the team he put out had enough to beat Hull. I suppose he wants to be at full strength against Bristol City on Saturday and honestly I might have done something similar hoping to wangle 3 points on Tuesday and have one last crack at the play-offs in pretty much a cup final against Bristol.

Just shows how clueless the man is cos one thing for sure was that Hull would score at least one goal last night which meant we would need to score two to win, mmmmmmm, who the f*ck did he think was going to score our two goals ?? :mrgreen:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:40 am

Rumors or talk that the next home game with Millwall is to show a boycott by our supporters regards the current situation and our recent form particularly at Portman Road. I haven't visited TWTD today to verify but see no reason to dispute.

What this will achieve is hard to see. Firstly if this does come to pass, there will be people in attendance, only a greatly reduced crowd - maybe three or four thousand as an estimate, but little significance in removing relevant names from the club set-up or improvement on scores.

Will be interesting to see if this goes ahead but unfortunately it'll be no skin off the nose of either McCarthy or Evans. Protests can sometimes work or have the desired effect, but perhaps not in this instance.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:57 am

Think I'll go ahead and disagree on the "skin off the nose" part.

Hallam had mentioned at the weekend that he was looking unwell, pale, drawn etc. And I believe she's correct in saying that he's now suffering from stress. Yes, still defiant to the press, but there is definitely skin falling off his nose. He's "bothered".

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 am

The play-off chances Hull pre-game were very slim anyway - if there was going to a must win game (or must good performance) it should have been Hull. I don't buy he was saving the players for a Cup Final type game at BC. There's much more to gain in putting out your strongest side at home at the moment and putting in a good performance. The discontent amongst fans and club is obvious and putting in a reasonable performance at home should overshadow anything else - sending fans home happy or content with a decent performance would go someway to 'mending' relations or, at least, not inflaming tensions. It backfired big-time.

Absolute bizarre team selection - and I can't help think this was a bit of a 'f*ck you' back to the fans from Mick as he's absolutely had enough. No need for Milné's statement - Mick won't be here next season, even if a new contract was offered.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 pm

marko69 wrote:I'll tell you what nearly made me cry tonight, Ash, ....... coming home and seeing the stepsons best mate wearing this sh*t.

"What......., its like Hibs!"
"Aye but its no Hibs ya wee caaaant."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :shock: :shock: did you take it outside and burn it :roll:

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:45 pm

What's Canadian for water..... Fosters

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Stop putting that f**king shirt on here !!! :D