Hurst on Dozzell

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Hurst on Dozzell

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 am

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/hurst-on-do ... -1-5694270. I'm not quite shore what's going on here, the lad was fit enough to face West Ham a week before the season starts, but now he is training with the U23's. Something is not right, given the start we have had you would think we would need his creativity in midfield. If he has not got 90 mins in him start him for 70 or bring him on at half time. If you tell someone they are not fit enough, something I think Hurst is obsessed with, most of his interviews come down to mentioning fitness, then after a while the young lad must think what hell do I have to do. I think Hurst is handling this all wrong, get the lad in the squad, playing 45 or 70 mins, trust me Ipswich Town will benefit!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Hurst on Dozzell

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 am

I get the bit that fitness tests showed he was at risk of the injury flaring up again and from that side of it I understand why he wouldnt be playing, what I don't get is why he is able to play for the U23's, ok it's less demanding than the Championship for sure but still a risk all the same. Not even training with the first team seems very odd.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:30 am

It is a bit frustrating... and strange that he gets risked for under 23’s, but not for the first team.

For this season, I don’t think he’s in Hurst’s plans. He would have been out on loan if he was 100% fit, with Nydam, Woolfy, etc.

Just feel this season is a transition/survival season in Hurst’s mind ... and apart from Downes, the kids aren’t up to it. Disappointing that Chalobah and Edun are seemingly ahead of the likes of Nydam and Dozzell in Hurst’s thoughts, but maybe they are better players at this stage. Love to see a Dozzell or Nydam on the bench, getting 30 minutes here and there.

I have a feeling -without anything to back it up - that Dozzell’s being wrapped in cotton wool as he could be an asset to sell off at a later point. What’s been shown already is that Hurst has to sell to bring in players. Who knows..... it could just be higher fitness standards or precautions than from the Mick era, but it doesn’t feel as if he’s anxious to get Dozzell in the team.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 am

Good point about wrapping Dozzell in cotton wool, if he eventually goes for what we all think he is going to be worth its gonna be millions. I do believe Edun to be well ahead of our own kids by the way.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am

The only way Andre Dozzell is going to be worth millions is when he’s proven himself with regular game time on the pitch, without it he’ll just be another teenage protege who fizzled out.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm

I think we should accept at face value what Hurst is saying, namely that he had a very serious injury and the medics are saying that he is not yet ready to be pitched into full blooded Championship football. Playing for the U23s is more akin to pre-season friendlies where players are getting match fit for the coming season. I was at the West Ham game and whilst our young midfield were excellent and Dozzell put in the pass of the season leading to our goal, the tackles were not exactly flying in. Lets cut out the conspiracy theories about Dozzell being readied for some future sale.After all the only way we would get serious bucks for Town would be if he was playing outstanding football for our 1st Team on a regular basis. Hurst has clearly intimated that he thinks Dozzell is a very good prospect and I'm sure once they deem he is fit enough we will see him on a regular basis. Be patient!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am
The only way Andre Dozzell is going to be worth millions is when he’s proven himself with regular game time on the pitch, without it he’ll just be another teenage protege who fizzled out.
Absolutely, and the only way to get regular game time is to ensure he is fully fit.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am
Absolutely, and the only way to get regular game time is to ensure he is fully fit.
Dont you get match fit from playing matches? He has been getting 90 mins for the U23's team so I'm sure he could play 45 to 70 for the first team.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am

It's nothing to do with match fit at all, it's to do with being completely free from the risk of serious set backs, that said I do find it odd he plays U23 games.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm

RRanger wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm
I think we should accept at face value what Hurst is saying, namely that he had a very serious injury and the medics are saying that he is not yet ready to be pitched into full blooded Championship football. Playing for the U23s is more akin to pre-season friendlies where players are getting match fit for the coming season. I was at the West Ham game and whilst our young midfield were excellent and Dozzell put in the pass of the season leading to our goal, the tackles were not exactly flying in. Lets cut out the conspiracy theories about Dozzell being readied for some future sale.After all the only way we would get serious bucks for Town would be if he was playing outstanding football for our 1st Team on a regular basis. Hurst has clearly intimated that he thinks Dozzell is a very good prospect and I'm sure once they deem he is fit enough we will see him on a regular basis. Be patient!
I totally agree. Have confidence in the medics and be patient.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am

I see Dozzell scored for the under 23’s yesterday . Not sure he played 90 minutes, but that must be a cause for optimism. Under 23’s top of the league.

Maybe on a less positive note.... Bishop was subbed after 25 ... looked like a hamstring injury. No Huws.

I guess if there’s one player who’s likely to step up to the first team at the moment out of Huws, Bishop, Dozzell... it’s going to be Dozzell. Might as well write of Adeyemi’s contract now and say goodbye.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

SUPERB!!! Had a thousand quid on at 1/1000 that bishop would be injured first half! :roll: Jaysus H effin Hell! All the years being old enough to watch football (44 years) ..... never heard about such a fkn sicknote.

Genuine serious question. Any physios on here? Any Physio experience at all? Can anyone enlighten us on this persistent injury thing? Beginning to think he’s faking it and he’s a lazy bstd collecting a wage.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am
SUPERB!!! Had a thousand quid on at 1/1000 that bishop would be injured first half! :roll: Jaysus H effin Hell! All the years being old enough to watch football (44 years) ..... never heard about such a fkn sicknote.

Genuine serious question. Any physios on here? Any Physio experience at all? Can anyone enlighten us on this persistent injury thing? Beginning to think he’s faking it and he’s a lazy bstd collecting a wage.
Hallam is a physio I believe? Hallam, what's the goss?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Having watched a pretty ineffective midfield tonight we could certainly do with Andre Dozzell’s presence, however on this subject you simply have to trust the management and medic staff etc and hope they get it right. Surely Dozzell himself will have some say in it and will want to play as and when he knows he’s ready. I’ve not yet known a young professional footballer who would choose to play for the U23’s in preference to the first team.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 pm

vaalae wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

Hallam is a physio I believe? Hallam, what's the goss?
I think he just wants to know when he will be famous :mrgreen:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:55 am

:lol: Younger 90s people will be wondering wtf you are on about there, ITNO1.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 am

I can't answer, I can't answer that......