Jon Walters

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Jon Walters

Post by K L Blue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:55 pm

Now out for 6 months...………………….

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/septem ... ix-monrhs/

Tangfastic

Re: Jon Walters

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Hmmmm.... it never rains....

Oh well... it should make team selection easier for Hurst.

This modern medical science he’s bought into didn’t see that happening. In which case, get Dozzell, Huws, Bishop on the field.

At least Dozzell.... doing 90 minutes for the under 23’s every week and then not considered for the first team. It’s more likely to put something in his brain that he’s a walking injury waiting to happen, rather than his body.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Well that sounds familiar. Do we even require medical evals before we sign players either loan or permanent.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:35 pm

I don't think we can blame PH for this one though, Walters declared himself fit, big mistake, not only that it wasn't the same injury.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Well at least Donancien can play right back now. Every cloud :wink:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:40 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:38 pm
Well at least Donancien can play right back now. Every cloud :wink:
Should of added Dozzell for Nolan and we might have a chance. :?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Exactly that Derick.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 pm

“ out for 6 months”........ and the rest. That’s him done at Championship level I’d suggest . He’ll be nearer 36yrs old before he’s potentially even fit enough to return to competitive football.
Sadly that’s him done with us most definitely. And in true spectacular fashion Town f*ck up once again. No decent , experienced striker to lead the line. Starters for ten for any suggestions as to WHO will be getting the goals for us to stay up?? We’re stuffed guys!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 pm

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised, he's been a sicknote for ages was never going to be the answer.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:35 am

One in the eye for PH I think. He's been banging on since he's been here about his Modern Medical Science, and making nasty surreptitious comments about the previous regime, yet his self-proclaimed wonderful medical team could not spot this.

One in the eye also for ME - if you want a reliable car you get an approved one from a franchised dealer, not the cheapest old crock you can find.

So now looks like we're left with Harrison and Jackson as strikers, and with the lack of service from our totally inept midfield I just cannot see where the goals will come from.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:58 am

I have you still got that yellow three wheel Robin Reliant Gary ? 😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 am

I wonder what Hurst will try and do ? Bring in someone who is currently free ?

Darren Bent has been suggested elsewhere.

What we need is experience. Hurst got rid of all that and I think he’s going to pay the price tbh !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 am

What we need is experience. Hurst got rid of all that and I think he’s going to pay the price tbh !

.....and there was me Liz thinking you like PH ?

I’ve been banging on since the summer that relevant experience is the most important criteria when recruiting players (& management) but the policy has been to look for up and coming talent from the lower leagues.

Has the penny finally dropped !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:15 am

I guess our options are limited however I’m not sure about the merits of bringing back yet another ex player who’s highly unlikely to replicate his previous form in a Town shirt which could be disappointing.

There are a few decent players out there who could do a decent short term job and in addition to Darren Bent, Robbie Keane and Bakary Sako are both without a club and could be open to offers. I just have this suspicion that in most cases players are without a club for a reason which is why I’ve focussed on just two.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 am

.....and there was me Liz thinking you like PH ?

I’ve been banging on since the summer that relevant experience is the most important criteria when recruiting players (& management) but the policy has been to look for up and coming talent from the lower leagues.

Has the penny finally dropped !
"has the penny finally dropped"?? Not sure what you are implying by that tbh.

I think the ethos of Hurst's attacking football ( a very refreshing change from McCarthy's approach for sure) is a good one. The idea that the best players from League one , might be hungry to take their chance , is also not unreasonable. The McCarthy squad either didn't buy in to Hurst's approach, or weren't brave enough to attack - they'd been indoctrinated so much to "defend first , and last" by McCarthy, maybe they've lost that ability to play any other way? So he brings in new players. Ones that are willing to give it a go ?

The biggest issues I have with Hurst's approach , is he's tried to do all this far too quickly and made far too many changes. I'm doing so he has shipped out the experience so vital to maintain an equilibrium at the Club as he rebuilds HIS side.
The other issue I have is the distinct lack of use of our academy players , some of whom had started to get their feet in the senior squad. WHY has he shipped them out ? They actually have more championship experience than those he's brought in !! A big mistake IMO.

The signing of Walters was a ray of light...but OMG how that has kicked us in the teeth. You have to say, Town have had bugger all "luck" so far this season. But overall I am at a complete loss as to where or who is going to stick the ball in the neck for us.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 pm

And then the added "possible" dilemma (not fact) that the youngsters (who arguably have more champ experience that the league one players) are delighted to have been shipped out ---------> due to one half of the management team being a tit.

And yes, players do need to adapt to different personalities, and people Luke Chambers definitely is....... But it's more difficult for the youngsters to suddenly be dealing with potential arseholes. And Bryan Klug all of a sudden being very unhappy also points to one half of this management team.

Edit: To add.

I am taking NOTHING away from your source of info Mike......., but I'd be surprised and a bit shocked if Hurst is like Keane. He just didn't come across as anything like him in his interview. Your source is no doubt bang on the money about the unrest, but money on Doig.