Relegation

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Relegation

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 am

Generally you need 52 pts to stay in this league we need to win at least 15 games out of the next 37 with couple more draws thrown in. If Hurst stays we are f*cked I'm afraid. :(

Marvinbay1973

Re: Relegation

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 am

We are off the bottom now stop being so negative :D
You will probably get jumped on Derick but I think you are right to raise concerns as it is clearly relegation form.
Can Paul Hurst turn things around I don't know ?.
Problem is if someone else comes in they would still have a load of lower league players to motivate and select each week and won't get any new players in. Paul Hurst or A another won't be given much to invest in January someone needs to do something with the group we have.

I don't want to see him go and want to see him succeed but he has changed too much and I prey it's not going to end up in the R word.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:07 am

doesn't bode well when you put it like that, Derrick.

I said last week that I would give Hurst ten more games, but I'm beginning to have doubts about that now. I based my thoughts really thinking things would improve,, but they seem to be getting worse rather than better.

I know they are only rumours, but if there are issues behind the scenes this certainly will not help matters. Charnwood's comments on another thread about players not being as good as they think they are also ring true.

Relegation will be a disaster for ITFC and I only hope we can avoid it.

Will Evans act? I very much doubt it

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:18 am

barmy billy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:07 am
doesn't bode well when you put it like that, Derrick.

I said last week that I would give Hurst ten more games, but I'm beginning to have doubts about that now. I based my thoughts really thinking things would improve,, but they seem to be getting worse rather than better.

I know they are only rumours, but if there are issues behind the scenes this certainly will not help matters. Charnwood's comments on another thread about players not being as good as they think they are also ring true.

Relegation will be a disaster for ITFC and I only hope we can avoid it.

Will Evans act? I very much doubt it
Trouble is Billy who would want to come in and save us yet again, Mevans can't select the right manager for this club so feck knows

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 am

He selected the right manager last time we were in this position :twisted:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm

There won't be no relegation, it's all about stability here. Evans doesn't want success that is blatantly evident but the idea of falling into a lower league should it happen would seem minimal at best. Been a follower of the side for more years than can remember and history has provided some squads that were truly abysmal, we would seem stable in comparison. No, it'll be another year of flirting with the idea of a play-off finish at some stage of the season but essentially finishing mid to lower league.

On the off chance it did occur (which as before to all intents and purposes won't happen) then Evans will implement another five year strategy to making it back and taking it cautious against the likes of Oldham and Portsmouth. At the same time hiring further managerial names that are content to dance to the owners tune and never offering anything more than reassurance or an inclination to succeed or move the club to it's once former stature.

By that I don't mean the Sir Robson era and beating European competition but something in the more recent past where the team was competitive and able to effectively challenge the EPL and gain regular participation. Say again until the owner is far away from this club set-up unfortunately that is highly unlikely to once again occur.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:01 pm

This is the issue, (and it’s not going to get better with Marcus Evans at the helm) ———>

Prior to Roy Keane being appointed....., LONG discussions went on between him and Mevans. Discussions about budgets, wages and season outcomes. Roy told him exactly what he told the press....... “It’s easy to win this league. I’ll do it in one season.”
From a guy who had indeed won the Championship, but speaking to a guy (Mevans) who essentially knows feck all about how to get a team out of the championship. Why would he not believe Roy Keane? Can’t blame him for that...... but the fact is, he was burned bad and his interview suggested that the budget wouldn’t be any different to recent seasons.

So......, one of two things need to happen.
1/ Paul Hurst, (or another manager) need to be feckin sh*t hot on their game to get these League One players to the play-offs, (Could still happen, all faith not entirely gone)

Or 2/ ITFC need a new owner. The new owner doesn’t need to chuck billions at it, just enough to establish a squad that can challenge the top half of the table. Mevans has been mammothly stung by those early days conversations with Roy Keane. It’s just not going to happen under Mevans. Happy to be 100% wrong but just cannot see it at all.

For the record, a Mevans / PH conversation would’ve been:
Mevans: Heres the budget. Can you do it?
PH: I’ll see what I can do, not making any promises though.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Fact is Marko that I really believe that MM had got a squad that wasn't far short of good enough to seriously challenge. Year on year he had built the squad by adding gems cheaply and using his status to get excellent loans in, often attacking creative ones.

Apparently PH had to more or less dismantle it. Maybe he knows something/s that we didn't.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm not sure I'd say MM's squad was close to challenging for promotion, but the players he had were certainly more experienced than what we have now. I'm still hoping PH will figure things out, and we can at least survive relegation. I'm also not opposed to changing managers again, if we do appear to become relegation fodder. However, the one constant for the last 10 years has been Marcus Evans. I think most of our failures can be firmly blamed on him...for lack of investment. Yes RK burned him...and ME wanted to be financially responsible as far as FFP, but the club has certainly suffered. Most of us agreed it was time for a departure from MM's dire football, although he certainly stabilized(perhaps delayed) our downfall when he first arrived. Of course the easiest solution is for PH to do a complete 360 and turn the club around, but it's not looking like that is going to happen. In conclusion, what does this all mean? Is Ipswich Town FC heading to oblivion in the lower leagues?

It will take more than players and managers to save us, I'm afraid.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 am

We have been installed as favorites for relegation by BET365. Bookies sadly, rarely get the odds wrong!! :(

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:50 pm

There is only 22 teams ahead of us and all have won at least 1 game...... even the team below us!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:54 am

Even worse six of our eleven games played have been against teams in the bottom half of the table and from a maximum 18 points we’ve picked up just four.

How ever positive I try to be I find it quite difficult to see a way out of this mess with the current players and management.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Relegation...... by unkool and the gang

Yahoo! This is relegation
Yahoo! This is your relegation
Celebrate bad times, come on! (Let's relegate)
Celebrate badtimes, come on! (Let's relegate)
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your bad times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you
Come on now
Relegation
Let's all celebrate and have a bad time
Relegation
We gonna celebrate and have a bad time
It's time to come together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure
Everyone around Ipswich
Come on!
Yahoo! It's a relegation
Yahoo!
Celebrate good times, come on!
It's a relegation
Let's relegate
We're gonna have a good time tonight
Let's celebrate, it's all right
We're gonna…

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm
Relegation...... by unkool and the gang

Yahoo! This is relegation
Yahoo! This is your relegation
Celebrate bad times, come on! (Let's relegate)
Celebrate badtimes, come on! (Let's relegate)
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your bad times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you
Come on now
Relegation
Let's all celebrate and have a bad time
Relegation
We gonna celebrate and have a bad time
It's time to come together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure
Everyone around Ipswich
Come on!
Yahoo! It's a relegation
Yahoo!
It's a relegation
Let's relegate
We're gonna have a good time tonight
Let's celebrate, it's all right
We're gonna…
:lol: Tang is a closet fan of Disco, (not Mr)

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Relegation, what relegation, this thread should be in the Jokes page,