Sears

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Re: Sears

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:29 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am
Personally I think people are hard on Jackson, there is a good player in there, we can go on about sears being not being utilised correctly well neither is Jackson, he needs to be a front pairing not up top by himself.

The way Swansea play really suited Freddie and he absolutely made the most of it, Hurst should be applauded for that change as it was spot on, they like to spray it around and get men forward, in doing so they push up very high and as a result they leave space in behind them which suited our game plan, Sears exploited it very well.
Jackson and Sears to play upfront as a pair then... Sorted, dozell, playing in the whole behind
Poor dozell, playing the whole behind? What about the other 8 , give them something to do :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm

:D :D

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 pm

:D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am

Pleased for Sears. And good for Town as without Harrison and Walters... we are seriously lacking in options up front.

Can’t see Sears getting the space against other teams. Swansea play lovely football, but were pretty naive. On the other hand, if they’d have taken their chances they’d have won. Don’t know how QPR are set up, but if they take a look at that game then I’m sure they would tighten up. Maybe we’re better at being an away side and hit sides on the break.
In a tight game we could really struggle up front as we don’t have much physicality there with Sears and Jackson. Good to see us scoring from decent crosses and corners.

Injuries aside, I hope Hurst just drops Pennington at RB and puts Donacien there. Knudsen/Kenlock should be the LB options. Most likely Knudsen, but I’d like to see Kenlock given a chance some time as he’s better in that final third. Surprised to see Knudsen dropped on Saturday.... was it his distribution that pissed Hurst off? He likes to lump it long. Big call ... but suppose it shows no one is undroppable.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 am

Ando, that's asking a lot of Skuse.

Personally I have no problem with 1 up front as long at the wide men are fit enough to get up and down, and this gives us the luxury of a Dozzell too :-)

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:00 pm

I’m not against 1 up top because there’s less likelihood of 1 of our 2 strikers getting injured.

Good to see Ward having a good game. Edwards has earnt his stripes and it’s up to Ward to nail that other wide place down. When he’s on form ... he looks good, but so often he disappoints.

Sears made wide runs... so does Jackson. It’s up to others to make the effort to get in the box.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:16 pm
Well if that happens they wont be getting my f**king support, he's just plain w*nk and im sick of spending my money over the last 3 years on this pile of sh*te.
So you wont be going to PR when they play QPR? Unless he gets injured Freddie Sears will be playing. If you do go the below will help with your sickness. :lol:

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorde ... prevention

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:56 am

I still haven't found out who hacked my account Derick but I will 😉

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 am

My issue with Sears ....... he’s a very good player imo, BUT, why can’t he show glimpses of his ability when playing out of his favoured position?

I’ll use Hibs Martin Boyle as an example...... when played wide right, I’d argue he’s the best in the SPL. When playing a more Central role, he’s not as effective, but you can tell he’s still a class act.
Why can’t Freddie be at least half decent in other forward playing positions?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:14 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:56 am
I still haven't found out who hacked my account Derick but I will 😉
It will be the Russians. I blame the Salisbury 2. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:18 pm

God i hope ive not got Novichok poisoning

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 am
My issue with Sears ....... he’s a very good player imo, BUT, why can’t he show glimpses of his ability when playing out of his favoured position?

I’ll use Hibs Martin Boyle as an example...... when played wide right, I’d argue he’s the best in the SPL. When playing a more Central role, he’s not as effective, but you can tell he’s still a class act.
Why can’t Freddie be at least half decent in other forward playing positions?
This is exactly it, he is so one dimensional its untrue. Take Chalobah, a CB at Chelsea and England but having to adapt here to DM and doing it pretty well. I could list numerous others, that said it was great to see that performance from Sears and long may it continue.