The unsubstantiated bullsh!t thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: The unsubstantiated bullsh!t thread.

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Stupid crappy International week. I hate it.

Having said that, I think Scotland might win Euro 2020.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:05 pm

I don't fault you Mark, I'd rather see Town in action than wait around for another for weekend of fixtures I could give a rat's as* for. Hope the Irish get a win but that's about as far as the interest goes.

Just on the Sears issue and to spare another post, he needs the right balance within the team to progress and show his potential. Maybe said before I never really rated the kid, i.e. he just hasn't been nowhere near prolific enough thus far and when he can put on a show, those instances seem too few and far between to warrant any real plaudits. You see McGoldrick at Derby County, last view he was fitting in well and making progress. Arguably a scenario of a player more adjusted to one club set-up than another. Sears may well be another example.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Substantiated fact ———> Scotland national team = F U C K I N G sh*te!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 am

And you've only just realised this ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:30 am

Individually, they are a very good bunch, but the real class amongst them didn’t make themselves available....., Ryan Fraser, Leigh Griffiths etc. If Big Eck hasn’t got the powers to demand then what’s the fkn point? And Allan McGregor is “MOTM” v Israel?! The arse has fell out of it officially.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Remember when Scotland produced players like Dalglish, Souness, Hansen, Wark, Burley, Robertson & Brazil? What has happened?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:45 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Remember when Scotland produced players like Dalglish, Souness, Hansen, Wark, Burley, Robertson & Brazil? What has happened?
I think the Scottish youth these days are into curling more than football.

I guess the foreign imports in the PL and SPL don’t help. Every English team seemed to have 3 or 4 Scots in their team. Some PL teams now struggle to field 3 or 4 English players. It’s been stated we have a dearth of available quality English players playing at the highest level in the PL. I guess that has had a big knock on effect with Scotland who have less players to choose from. And probably there’s less kids playing ‘jumpers for goal posts’ in the streets when they can play FIFA 2018 inside.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Great topic Marko!

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Darren Bent offered 3 Year contract £100k a week providing he gets injured 1st game

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm

:lol:

More unsubstantiated BS please!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
I go back even further to names such as Willie Waddell, Baxter, Henderson, John White, David MacKay etc. It's bizarre Scotland have never progressed beyond the first round of a national competition given some of the stellar line-ups from years back but what's done is done. No surprise the domestic scene has seen European wins and Finals for teams involved but at international level it hasn't been nowhere near as celebrated as one might expect.

Try not to miss any opportunity on the subject of Scots soccer particularly of previous time, it's a shame more people aren't made aware or get involved.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:40 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
I go back even further to names such as Willie Waddell, Baxter, Henderson, John White, David MacKay etc. It's bizarre Scotland have never progressed beyond the first round of a national competition given some of the stellar line-ups from years back but what's done is done. No surprise the domestic scene has seen European wins and Finals for teams involved but at international level it hasn't been nowhere near as celebrated as one might expect.

Try not to miss any opportunity on the subject of Scots soccer particularly of previous time, it's a shame more people aren't made aware or get involved.
That last paragraph made me think that Scottish football is like an endangered species. Do we need a Royal Society for the Prevention of Apathy in Scottish Football? I’m sure the Scots lament their past greats like we do in England, but still enjoy the football.. and the pies.. and the beer.. and the moaning... and all the other things other than decent football.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 pm

And the Bridies, don't forget the Bridies.