Wes Hoolahan to leave nodge ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Wes Hoolahan to leave nodge ?

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:18 pm

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sp ... 3A08%3A850

could be on his way to Swansea if this report to be believed- thats the last thing ncfc fans will want to hear I guess !

...and insider info Bulli? :wink:

kowalski

Re: Wes Hoolahan to leave nodge ?

Post by kowalski » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sp ... 3A08%3A850

could be on his way to Swansea if this report to be believed- thats the last thing ncfc fans will want to hear I guess !

I've no idea if it is true but it'll be a massive blow to nodge if he does leave. Looking at their team he's the only player with any real spark of creativity and I can't see how they'll replace him.

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 pm

hallamblue wrote:http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sp ... 3A08%3A850

On it now - first I have heard to be honest but have not spoke to him for a couple of weeks. Will text him now (in work) and see what he comes back with !! :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:53 pm

He'll probably deny it anyway ! :wink:

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:He'll probably deny it anyway ! :wink:
I am sure he will but may tell Bullard the truth. Perhaps we should hold him down and force it out of him Liz. :D

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:46 pm

No contact whatsoever from Swansea! He is happy to fight it out unless Norwich want / need to sell him ?

He is actually optimistic regarding the appointment of Lambert as it was he who gave him his chance away from the Irish league with Livingston. Rates him as a very good manager.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:10 pm

He's a good player and I'd hoped Jim was going to bring him in from Blackpool when he went to the Scum. If I recall he only cost them £250k which is a snip for when you consider the season he'd just had.

Would he be worth a look now??? Probably not with Martin and Civelli (when fit) covering the left side.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

bullardm2001 wrote:No contact whatsoever from Swansea! He is happy to fight it out unless Norwich want / need to sell him ?

He is actually optimistic regarding the appointment of Lambert as it was he who gave him his chance away from the Irish league with Livingston. Rates him as a very good manager.
cheers Bullardam ....he's defo leaving then !! :lol: :lol: :wink:

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Football is very fickle - so yes :lol: :lol:

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Recent developments have Wes training with the kids and Lambert looking to have him shipped out :shock:

Apparently when Wes first moved to Norwich he was still in contact with Lambert (Livingston days) and confided in him that he was not too happy at the club and the type of football they were playing (understandable). Now Lambert is manager he see's Wes now as a player who does not want to be there and so is looking to move him on.

Strange decision as Wes thinks of Lambert as a very good manager and was excited when he was confirmed as manager as he thought things may change at the club ?

kowalski

Post by kowalski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 pm

bullardm2001 wrote:Recent developments have Wes training with the kids and Lambert looking to have him shipped out :shock:

Apparently when Wes first moved to Norwich he was still in contact with Lambert (Livingston days) and confided in him that he was not too happy at the club and the type of football they were playing (understandable). Now Lambert is manager he see's Wes now as a player who does not want to be there and so is looking to move him on.

Strange decision as Wes thinks of Lambert as a very good manager and was excited when he was confirmed as manager as he thought things may change at the club ?
Sorry, worded that completely wrong.

Lambert is cleary insane.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:01 am

This hooligan or whatever his name is Irish, so I'm kind off surprised that Keane hasn't chased after him, he's a little on the short side and has a poor goals to games ratio as an attacking midfield player.

His favorite band is actually, the spelling :shock: , er, is Lynyrd Skynyrd, (hope thats correct) not a bad choice at all, although it must be a bit of an effort to get him on airplanes when Norwich go overseas.

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:59 am

manningtree07 wrote:This hooligan or whatever his name is Irish, so I'm kind off surprised that Keane hasn't chased after him, he's a little on the short side and has a poor goals to games ratio as an attacking midfield player.

His favorite band is actually, the spelling :shock: , er, is Lynyrd Skynyrd, (hope thats correct) not a bad choice at all, although it must be a bit of an effort to get him on airplanes when Norwich go overseas.
Er nope - you've lost me there :?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:41 am

I can't see how you were possibly misled, you had better bone up on your music knowledge.

Skynyrd were a Florida Southern hard rock band that perished in a plane crash sometime in the late 1970s.

Hooligan likes this band, Norwich go overseas "en avion", time to worry..

It's a Dennis Bergkamp scenario.

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:43 am

manningtree07 wrote:I can't see how you were possibly misled, you had better bone up on your music knowledge.

Skynyrd were a Florida Southern hard rock band that perished in a plane crash sometime in the late 1970s.

I have never heard of that band from either Wes or anything else - his taste in music is not great but never downloaded anything named Skynyrd for him ?

ivalo7

Post by ivalo7 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 am

bullardm2001 wrote:Recent developments have Wes training with the kids and Lambert looking to have him shipped out :shock:

They must need the money because from whenever I saw him play there he looked to be their best player by a long way.

Johannes Hyacinthus

Post by Johannes Hyacinthus » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 am

bullardm2001 wrote:
manningtree07 wrote:I can't see how you were possibly misled, you had better bone up on your music knowledge.

I have never heard of that band from either Wes or anything else - his taste in music is not great but never downloaded anything named Skynyrd for him ?
You sure you're not getting mixed up with Patches O'Hoolahan from Dodgeball. Lynard Skynyrd!!!!! That is some tenous link.
And when will Norwich have a Dennis Bergkamp situation as they are a couple of divisions shy of the Champions League?

bullardm2001

Post by bullardm2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Seem' s as though they have settled their differences and so expect Wes to feature this weekend !!