Burnley appear to be in the brown stuff now …

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Burnley appear to be in the brown stuff now …

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 23, 2022 9:32 pm

number 9

Re: Burnley appear to be in the brown stuff now …

Post by number 9 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:17 pm

Good! Burnley shouldn’t be anywhere near the Prem! Are Burnley a big club? Well…

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue May 24, 2022 3:42 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:17 pm
Good! Burnley shouldn’t be anywhere near the Prem! Are Burnley a big club? Well…
They possibly regret sacking Sean Dyche. Having said that, there are places for teams to be in the Premier of similar sizes. Just not sure the buy out of Burnley was well regulated.
The new owners of Burnley in my opinion bought the club in dubious manner. Not sure the screening of the owners and reason nor manner how they bought the club were in best interest to the league nor Burnley. Could very well be total disaster now

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 24, 2022 4:14 pm

I had a really good chat with a Burnley fan recently and yes he basically said they are doomed if they go down. Basically the owners screwed them over with the leveraged buyout (which IMO should be illegal). Dyce has gone, the squad is ageing/many out of contract - I fear we won't see them back in the Premier league again.

I know they aren't Glamorous but there is something very honest about them and the way they have got where they are, full credit to them for that and especially to Dyce who I have alot of respect for. Shame the owners have killed them now.

Side note I'd like to see Jay-Rod or Barnes here as a striker, old but both excellent, won't happen but both are out of contact I believe.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Burnley have a very long history in the game if memory serves me right? They have a solid , loyal fan base, surrounded by some giant clubs, so they do well tbh.

I think the club got rid of the manager in preparation for the drop, (his wages etc) They may well be heading for administration. So many clubs are walking a very fine line. Relegation is just the feather that tips those scales to financial ruin. There’s too much money in the game and too much greed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 24, 2022 11:18 pm

We released him didn’t we? Then he went to local Bury Town ?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:41 pm
Best keeper in the country in Pope. Or at least was for a period of time, but had his international career wrecked by Southgates insistence on picking the sub-standard Pickford.

Be interesting to see where he goes given they will be selling players.
Pickford's a great goalkeeper ? Could be one of the world's best for present time at international level. The English would not have made the progress they did in the last two major tournaments without his involvement. The kid was immense.

Felt sympathy that they and not Leeds United fell through the EPL trapdoor this last weekend. They were in fact a real force early 1960's around the time we won the League but fell off radar to such extent until recent years you couldn't really put measure on it. If they're going to have problems now after relegation it's a pity, (as) wouldn't wish them any real malice or bad intent.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed May 25, 2022 9:17 am

Burnley have won the top tier twice and been runners up twice, they were in the top tier between 1946 and 1976 apart from one season, so they certainly have good history, they've also been in the top two tiers for over 20 years now.

I'm a little sad to see them go, I'd rather have seen Leeds, Southampton or Everton go down, all had worse goal difference. Burnley may be splashing about in a brown stuff puddle now, but Everton would've been under an ocean of it with their recent spending.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am

I'd have loved to have seen that tosser Lampard go down, arrogant git.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Wed May 25, 2022 8:10 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am
I'd have loved to have seen that tosser Lampard go down, arrogant git.
I don't see that in Lampard at all, find him quite a decent lad actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bob4cmNSfvE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or2EV_p3aGA

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 25, 2022 9:39 pm

Yeah, good for you.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 pm

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 pm

I really like Frank Lampard and thought he was a great player especially when he was at Chelsea and for England too. Not a bad goal scoring record either for club and country averaging a 1:3 strike rate over his whole career takes some doing especially from midfield. I liked his dad Frank Snr too and watched him play many times for West Ham. He also made sure young Frank had a good education at Brentwood School where I believe he was a successful student. I’m less sure about Frank as a manager but it’s still early days and I’m sure he’ll be first to admit he’s still learning his trade. I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t make it long term and I don’t see him giving in to be another has been pundit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu May 26, 2022 11:12 pm

Back on topic, yes I can see Burnley struggling to do a Bournemouth / Fulham and bouncing straight back to the Premiership. They could do worse than go cap in hand back to Sean Dyce who I’ve always seen as a perfect fit with the club and regularly had them punching above their weight.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat May 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 pm
I really like Frank Lampard and thought he was a great player especially when he was at Chelsea and for England too. Not a bad goal scoring record either for club and country averaging a 1:3 strike rate over his whole career takes some doing especially from midfield. I liked his dad Frank Snr too and watched him play many times for West Ham. He also made sure young Frank had a good education at Brentwood School where I believe he was a successful student. I’m less sure about Frank as a manager but it’s still early days and I’m sure he’ll be first to admit he’s still learning his trade. I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t make it long term and I don’t see him giving in to be another has been pundit.
I remember bringing a schoolboys team I was coaching to a Villa v Chelsea match in the early 2000s. I think 2005/2006. After the match Frank Lampard was the first Chelsea player to make himself available for signing autographs and was the last one to get on the bus. I remember being hugely impressed with how approachable and friendly he was. Nothing I have seen in the years since has changed my view that he is one of the good ones.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun May 29, 2022 4:09 pm

:roll: Burnley to me are like us a very friendly family type Football club, I just hope they survive in the championship and don't go into freefall like other fairly large family clubs, It's nice to see these and our clubs give the big boys a thumping every now and then it spices things up, and hopefully, we will get promoted back to the Championship next season.

But as for Burnley, I would love for us to be playing them again.