League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

rossi

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:53 pm
rossi wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 am
Very early days of course, but to be honest I was extremely disappointed both with the result and how we played.

It's been said many times over the seasons that the first prerequisite of mounting a successful promotion challenge is to win all of your home games, so we've failed there on day one.

I know that Liz is of the opinion that Bolton came for a draw, and that many other teams will do the same this season - but I'm equally of the opinion that we are set up with the attitude of 'if you can't win, at least make sure you don't lose'. If that persists into the season then i think that many of us will end up disappointed.

We're still far too 'safe' in the way we play, and extremely lightweight up front.
Just read thro the whole thread and seems everyone is positive. You always seem to take a left field view. Its fine to do that now and again but virtually every post, hmm ?
If Ipswich are to go up then the away form needs to improve and dropping points against the poorer teams in the league has to stop. The home form has generally been pretty good especially under McKenna.
The team seems so far to be going in the right direction under McKenna. Still early days but promising
I've supported Town for over 65 years, through good times and bad, and over the last 4 seasons have despaired over the club like never before. I say things as I see them, and lately I see little signs of encouragement, so that is reflected in my posts.
If you disagree, that's fine, a forum is for the exchange of views after all - but don't you EVER presume to judge me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:30 pm

Just watched the highlights of Boltons demolition of Wycombe, they carved them open, I think the fact we outplayed Bolton and should have won augers very well as they look decent.