League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Right time to play Derby?

Derby Win
2
10%
Ipswich Win
13
62%
Draw
6
29%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:23 am

Image



Image Derby County v Ipswich TownImage



Saturday 1st April 2023 – 15:00



Pride Park Stadium




Image




Pre Match Thoughts - Mike



Another thoroughly professional and controlled performance against a tricky Shrewsbury Town saw Town extend their winning run to an impressive Six games with yet another shut out taking the current run to Seven meaning we now have a new Club record in that department so congratulations to all concerned, if only the defence had come to the party a bit earlier in the season we can only imagine where we would be now.

The game itself saw Town in the ascendancy and in control for the most part, Shrewsbury had a chance or two that is true but for me it was a game that was never in doubt from the first minute to the last, a super header from George Hirst getting the ball rolling while the very impressive Massimo Luongo getting his name on the scoresheet to ease the inevitable nerves that seem to flow throughout the stands wherever Town play.

Some of our play in the first half in particular was sublime to say the least, fast flowing attacks, neat one touch passes, intricate flicks and One Two's around the opposition box was a joy to watch and probably some of the best Football i have seen us play all season. Not only did we do the eye catching and fancy stuff well we also got stuck in with grit and steel when needed with the Midfield duo of Luongo and skipper Sam Morsy excellent all game, controlling the Midfield with such aplomb that the shrews struggled to make too much of an impression. I also have to give a special mention to Harry Clarke who i thought was outstanding and produced by far his best performance in a Town shirt, his driving runs forward adding power to an already potent attack is another weapon in our armoury which is going to be vital in the weeks ahead.

While we were winning Plymouth were unsurprisingly picking up a victory against basement boys Forest Green Rovers as they continue to hang on in there, oddly enough it is Sheffield Wednesday that have now perhaps started a little wobble with eight Points dropped in the last Three games, the 1-1 draw at Bolton being followed up with a 2-4 reverse at high flying Barnsley and a surprise 1-0 loss away at FGR, for me those results alone gives more hope to Town's chances of gaining automatic promotion, sometimes winless runs can be just as addictive as winning Ones and that could well be the case and with Three of their next Four away and against some teams scrapping for their lives the one time runaway favourites may just be getting a tad nervy.

Discussion has raged on about who we want to win this, and who we'd like to lose that etc but all we can do is continue to win and break records, it can be done, there is NOBODY in this league who's current form is better than ours and that is a fact, everyone in the last Six games has dropped points except ourselves and I don't buy the "we have only played Bolton of any note" scenario, what about Plymouth losing to Fleetwood and Wednesday only managing a draw with Bolton ? Personally I still believe we are in prime position to strike at just the right time when the heat is on the Two front runners, in fact it would be beyond the realms of possibility for Town and Barnsley to grab the Two top slots, not likely but not impossible. Although the loss to Exeter will have put a dampner on this scenario.

From my point of view I believe we need to win Seven of our remaining Nine with One draw and a solitary defeat thrown into the mix for good measure, I can see Six wins coming from Wycombe (H), Cheltenham (A), Charlton (H), Port Vale (H), Exeter (H) and Fleetwood (A), leaving us needing a Win, a Draw and a defeat from Derby (A), Barnsley (A) and Peterborough (A), that scenario would give us 97 points which I believe will see a top Two spot secured. Ideally at worst a draw at Barnsley would help our cause as it takes points off a rival but either way a minimum of Four points from those Three fixtures would not be too bad, assuming we get the wins required in the other games but as Kieran Mckenna will no doubt say, let's take One game at a time and go out to win the lot.

Thankfully we have a weekend off before we go to Derby in the first of those last Nine cup finals, I am in favour of this for two reasons, firstly at the time we were facing being without Three key players and secondly I am off to Lanzarote for a week and was gutted at the prospect of missing what promises to be a great game, so it's win win for me. in all seriousness though I think the chance to recharge the batteries and shake off all those little niggles Mckenna remarked upon can only be a good thing and hopefully it works in our favour but time will tell on that One.

Town outplayed Derby at home for long spells of that game and there is little to think that we could not do it again, should we attain a win in that One it would give us one hell of a boost going into the remaining games, The Rams have slipped up in recent weeks and Automatic Promotion is all but gone for this season, they have work to do to secure a play off spot too with Peterborough only Four points behind them in Eighth place and the Two meeting at London Road this weekend so all is not set in stone just yet. I think Town are on a crest of a wave right now and I can seeing us returning home with something from this tricky game, Derby won't overly fancy it for sure while we just might so it's a draw at worst for me but don't rule out a sneaky 1-0 Town win to really get us all believing. Keep the faith. COYB'S




The Opposition – Derby County Honours



League


Football League First Division

Champions: 1971–72, 1974–75
Runners-up: 1895–96, 1929–30, 1935–36

Football League Second Division / The Championship

Champions: 1911–12, 1914–15, 1968–69, 1986–87
Runners-up: 1995–96
Play-off winners: 2006–07

Third Division / Football League One

Champions: 1956–57 (North)


Cups


FA Cup

Winners: 1945–46
Runners-up: 1897–98, 1898–99, 1902–03

FA Charity Shield

Winners: 1975






The Manager – Paul Warne



Image




League Table


Image





Form Guide




Derby County FC




4 Mar Derby County 2 - 2 Shrewsbury

7 Mar Plymouth 2 - 1 Derby County

11 Mar Oxford Utd 2 - 3 Derby County

18 Mar Derby County 0 - 2 Fleetwood

25 Mar Peterborough 2 - 0 Derby County




Ipswich Town



25 Feb Milton Keynes 0 - 1 Ipswich Town

4 Mar Ipswich Town 4 - 0 Burton Albion

7 Mar Ipswich Town 3 - 0 Accrington

11 Mar Bolton 0 - 2 Ipswich Town

18 Mar Ipswich Town 2 - 0 Shrewsbury









Head to Head



Image




Match Referee – Anthony Backhouse



Image



DERBY COUNTY 0 IPSWICH TOWN 1

Dazzz67
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:13 pm

Nice write up gents!

I am a little concerned about this game to be honest, gone for a win but the way things are panning out this week a loss is easily possible. We need to be on it from the off.

Hoping we go for the same team as before with Morsy & Mass in the middle, they will hopefully keep us solid to push on through and grab this win, the results this weekend are key, especially as we have had a slight break and need to keep momentum.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8367
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:57 am

Think both the clean sheet record and winning run will come to a end at Pride Park. However, I can see us getting a point so will go for Derby 1 Town 1.

hallamblue
Posts: 31302
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:33 pm

The ref looks a right arrogant d*ck to me . Wonder if we’ll be on the end if yet more crap 💩 decisions Sat?

Come on Town let’s do this !

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24705
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:55 pm

Excellent write up. I do agree with this part:

Some of our play in the first half in particular was sublime to say the least, fast flowing attacks, neat one touch passes, intricate flicks and One Two's around the opposition box was a joy to watch and probably some of the best Football i have seen us play all season.

But......., I reckon all clubs only get away with this "neat play" when the results match the "nice stuff". I think Ipswich were trying to play that way vs Bristol Rovers and it was looking decent on the eye for long spells, but they got lambasted for it with cries of "be more direct" and "use the long ball" ....., and some were doubting McKenna as well.
It is great that the team are clicking and the results are sort of clearing the path for more "Brazil" soccer. All opinion of course in response to that part based on what's been read before on these forums.

Going to plump for a convincing Ipswich win in this one. Derby are feeling the pressure and Ipswich are confident. In fact there is no real reason why Ipswich should play poor. With recent results amongst others, it should be the catalyst to play a blinder. 8th clean sheet and a 2-0 away win for the Tractor Boys.
COYB's

Combined captions.
Commentator: "And here we are in the final of the "SQUEEZE YOUR LIPS TIGHT SHUT" Championships and its Backhouse to go first."

"Oh yes, its good, but will it be good enough?"

"Warne up next...., and OH YES! Thats a winner. The 2023 SQUEEZE YOUR LIPS TIGHT SHUT Champion is Paul Warne. Arrogant d!ck Backhouse is runner-up."

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:23 pm

Going for a narrow victory to Town.

1-0 Chaplin in the first half

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30104
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:24 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:55 pm
Excellent write up. I do agree with this part:

Some of our play in the first half in particular was sublime to say the least, fast flowing attacks, neat one touch passes, intricate flicks and One Two's around the opposition box was a joy to watch and probably some of the best Football i have seen us play all season.

But......., I reckon all clubs only get away with this "neat play" when the results match the "nice stuff". I think Ipswich were trying to play that way vs Bristol Rovers and it was looking decent on the eye for long spells, but they got lambasted for it with cries of "be more direct" and "use the long ball" ....., and some were doubting McKenna as well.
It is great that the team are clicking and the results are sort of clearing the path for more "Brazil" soccer. All opinion of course in response to that part based on what's been read before on these forums.

Going to plump for a convincing Ipswich win in this one. Derby are feeling the pressure and Ipswich are confident. In fact there is no real reason why Ipswich should play poor. With recent results amongst others, it should be the catalyst to play a blinder. 8th clean sheet and a 2-0 away win for the Tractor Boys.
COYB's

Combined captions.
Commentator: "And here we are in the final of the "SQUEEZE YOUR LIPS TIGHT SHUT" Championships and its Backhouse to go first."

"Oh yes, its good, but will it be good enough?"

"Warne up next...., and OH YES! Thats a winner. The 2023 SQUEEZE YOUR LIPS TIGHT SHUT Champion is Paul Warne. Arrogant d!ck Backhouse is runner-up."
Thats certainly true about positive results matching the pretty play, the thing I do personally feel is relevant is since KM has vastly reduced the chopping and changing every week the football has improved and by no coincidence we are now on a Six game winning run, the odd change is One thing but Five or Six every week was costing us without doubt.

I just hope the winning formula has not been found too late because if it has and we miss out by a point or Two my feeling is it comes back very much to KM's door, the weeks where we were consistently dropping players like Chaplin and Ladapo when no other bugger was scoring was baffling. Hopefully we keep the winning run going and it all becomes immaterial.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:33 pm
The ref looks a right arrogant d*ck to me . Wonder if we’ll be on the end if yet more crap 💩 decisions Sat?

Come on Town let’s do this !
What drives your comment about the referee Liz ?
He’s only referee'd one of our games previously and that was our 0-2 win at Accrington Stanley where he was ok. I think at the time I criticised him for letting too many fouls go unpunished but clearly he was encouraging continuous play with less stop start interruptions and nobody else commented negatively towards him. By the end of the game he’d dished out 6 yellows so maybe on reflection he got it right. There were certainly no other comments about him making crap costly decisions.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:02 pm

Before Brexit forced me to decide to live and pay taxes in Spain rather than the UK this was always one of my favourite fixtures which I’d most definitely be at tomorrow if I was still UK based. I think playing Derby(a) may also have been the first time I met Bluemike and HallamBlue for pre match drinks and It’s a great stadium for fans to watch a match with a great view and always a good atmosphere.

Our record at Derby is pretty impressive too, apart from our last visit which we lost 2-0 in 2018. Before that we were undefeated in our previous 10 visits with 7 wins and 3 draws with 5 of the 7 wins ending 0-1 which is my prediction for tomorrow.

I will miss not being there but will be making the most of watching the game on ifollow.

User avatar
arana peligrosa
Posts: 10586
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 am

one out of 16 voted for a Derby win, f**king hell either that's some faith in our team or expecting something that just may not come to pass. Went for a drawn game. The opposition can only hope for a top six finish, autos are out of the question, so they should make it tough for us in the trip there tomorrow. They got something to fight for, I expect them to battle and make things awkward.

Don't know what odds one can get on McGoldrick scoring against us in this contest but our attacking options seem superior to theirs. Why not just one time out of 50 play two forward attackers such as Hirst and Ladapo, Broadhead / Hirst or Ladapo / Jackson in main attack or even Chaplin for once to feature in his natural position. Trouble is seems we got so many forward positions and alternatives it's kind of tough to know when or where to accommodate them.

Barnsley and Sheffield W should get three points from respective games tomorrow. We have to win therefore. Can't afford to drop points such as it is or going to be but guess a draw is most probable between ourselves and tomorrows opponents.

Derby County 2 ITFC 2

User avatar
Mauswara
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:15 am

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Mauswara » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:16 am

Been having a nosey at a Derby forum, not a lot of optimism there with perhaps a majority predicting a home loss. Appears likely to be a sell-out with some hoping the crowd will give them a lift.

An early Town goal would sort that. 0-1 to the Tractor Boys.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 6749
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:35 am

What if we lose?…just saying. Will it be the end of automatic promotion? How will we react? Will it be KM’s fault? We’ll see I suppose.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24705
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:57 am

number 9 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:35 am
What if we lose?…just saying. Will it be the end of automatic promotion? How will we react? Will it be KM’s fault? We’ll see I suppose.
With there being 4 questions in a row there......, I read your post in that cinema guy voice, 9.......

"What if they lose?........., Will it be the end?........, How will they react?........, and who will be to blame?........, all this........ and more ....... in tomorrows football focus........, at 4;45pm......., plus 3 hours added on time."

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24705
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:59 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:33 pm
The ref looks a right arrogant d*ck to me . Wonder if we’ll be on the end if yet more crap 💩 decisions Sat?

Come on Town let’s do this !
What drives your comment about the referee Liz ?
His face I think, Charnwood.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 6749
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:52 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:57 am
number 9 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:35 am
What if we lose?…just saying. Will it be the end of automatic promotion? How will we react? Will it be KM’s fault? We’ll see I suppose.
With there being 4 questions in a row there......, I read your post in that cinema guy voice, 9.......

"What if they lose?........., Will it be the end?........, How will they react?........, and who will be to blame?........, all this........ and more ....... in tomorrows football focus........, at 4;45pm......., plus 3 hours added on time."
Gotta season the pot before you stir it. :wink:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30104
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am

I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S

shabba
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:28 am

number 9 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:35 am
What if we lose?…just saying. Will it be the end of automatic promotion? How will we react? Will it be KM’s fault? We’ll see I suppose.
I see it as we need to win 7 of these 9 games for auto, doesn’t matter what 7 but naturally we have some tough fixtures.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8367
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am

Staying just across the road from the ground. A few Town fans about last night when we went to get something to eat. COYB!!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:00 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am
Staying just across the road from the ground. A few Town fans about last night when we went to get something to eat. COYB!!
Give them an extra cheer for me Shed, just hoping and praying you’re a happy blue bunny come 5 pm.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:02 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
FFS Mike surely you can organise yourself better than that. You need to get yourself retired and living in the sunshine mate.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2993
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
I thought you could get t'internet on planes these days?

Might be the only time a 2 hour flight delay may be a good thing :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30104
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:38 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:02 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
FFS Mike surely you can organise yourself better than that. You need to get yourself retired and living in the sunshine mate.
Indeed yes, that thought crosses my mind many many times every week Andy lol.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30104
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:40 am

Ricco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
I thought you could get t'internet on planes these days?

Might be the only time a 2 hour flight delay may be a good thing :lol:
Can you ? I always turn my phone off as it appears Flight Mode allows you to do bugger all ? Maybe the pilot will delay the departure time, oddly enough we had a 2 hour delay coming over thanks to the French Air Traffic control lol, where are the bloody French when you really need them.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:11 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:40 am
Ricco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
I thought you could get t'internet on planes these days?

Might be the only time a 2 hour flight delay may be a good thing :lol:
Can you ? I always turn my phone off as it appears Flight Mode allows you to do bugger all ? Maybe the pilot will delay the departure time, oddly enough we had a 2 hour delay coming over thanks to the French Air Traffic control lol, where are the bloody French when you really need them.
Our neighbours arrived on Wednesday Night and had a 3hr delay also caused by the French Air Traffic Controllers who are expected to carry on with their antics for the next 2 weeks. Even worse some flights are likely to get cancelled over Easter. We had internet on our last BA Trans Atlantic flight but I think it was quite limited and unlikely to be fast enough for streaming. You’ll just have to switch off and hope for good news when you land.
If you are lucky enough to have enough signal in flight to use WhatsApp send me a message and I’ll keep you updated with any goals as they happen.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8367
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:26 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:00 am
Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am
Staying just across the road from the ground. A few Town fans about last night when we went to get something to eat. COYB!!
Give them an extra cheer for me Shed, just hoping and praying you’re a happy blue bunny come 5 pm.
Will do Charny, really looking forward to the game as I think this is going to be a real test and come 5pm we will have a better idea of how realistic our automatic chances are.

shabba
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Davies not in the squad, Leigh starts.

Must be an injury - not good

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Leigh in for Davis who must have an injury the only change.

shabba
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:40 am
Ricco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am
I'm gonna be on a plane home with take off at 3.25pm of all bloody time, with no idea of just wtf is going on, gonna be a long 4 hours so come on you Blues give me something to cheer about when I land back in wet, dull depressing Blighty later. COYB'S
I thought you could get t'internet on planes these days?

Might be the only time a 2 hour flight delay may be a good thing :lol:
Can you ? I always turn my phone off as it appears Flight Mode allows you to do bugger all ? Maybe the pilot will delay the departure time, oddly enough we had a 2 hour delay coming over thanks to the French Air Traffic control lol, where are the bloody French when you really need them.
Usually only the more premium/long haul planes have internet and it’s usually at a price, and doesn’t cover all services (no steaming etc)

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19430
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:14 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:03 pm
Leigh in for Davis who must have an injury the only change.
Given Davis has the second highest number of goal assists in League One he’s a massive loss this afternoon. Let’s hope it’s no an injury that’s goi b to keep him out for long.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3158
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:18 pm

I see Derby have named 2 up front (their top 2 scorers) and in Paul Warnes words "We've tried to pick the most aggressive team."
I see this as their way to stop us playing out from the back so easily.

Post Reply