Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Start another winning streak?

Millwall Win
2
13%
Ipswich Win
11
73%
Draw
2
13%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 pm

Image




Image Millwall v Ipswich Town Image



Wednesday 14th February 2024 – 20:00


The Den




Image





Pre Match Thoughts - Mike



And so the frustrating run continues, Preston aside most our results have been ok, decent in fact, but when you string them all together it looks to us all like it is a very poor run of form, analyse each game individually and most of us would probably be happy with those results if they were scattered throughout the season, certainly performance wise they haven't been as bad as some would suggest. What I will say now though is that our run of difficult looking games are behind us, gone are the Leicester's, Sunderland's, Leeds's, WBA's and Norwich's of this world, we can now look forward to Millwall, Rotherham, Swansea, Birmingham, Plymouth, Bristol City, Cardiff & Blackburn, based on our early season form they are Eight very winnable games and why shouldn't we win them all ? It can be done.

Saturday's draw at home to WBA was yet another of those game that mirrored so many in recent weeks, a game of Two halves, slow out of the blocks, falling behind, defensive errors, clawing our way back into it, nearly grabbing the win at the end, you get the picture, it's bordering on Groundhog day. I was proud of the way we fought back after the break but why oh why are we so slow from the off, it really is becoming a real cause for concern and something that I believe to be the main reason for our current blip turning into something more substantial. We just look slow and pedestrian compared to earlier in the season.

One positive that had to be taken though was the improvement from the last time we played the Baggies, up at their place we were nullified throughout the game and never looked in it, this time they were hanging on, defending for their lives and wasting time at every opportunity, and of course but for the Two obligatory defensive c*ck up's we win that game, not just that, if the normally reliable Conor Chaplin had had his scoring boots on we almost certainly go on to win the game.

I liked what I saw of Kieffer Moore, he is such a big imposing figure in both boxes and his mere presence causes problems for opposition defences but the player who really set Portman Road alight when he came on was young Omari Hutchinson, I said on the day at times he was unplayable, their defenders looked scared stiff of his pace and quick footwork and it was fitting that it was Omari who got the second equaliser, it so nearly spurred us on to a famous win and but for an incredible save right at the death by their keeper Kieffer Moore would have grabbed the headlines and with it hero status, sadly it was not to be.

The games are coming thick and fast over the coming weeks and Wednesday evening see's us head to Bermondsey and a game against everyone's favourite second team Millwall FC. It's the first of that run of Seven games mentioned earlier and now is the time for the excuses to stop, we need the win, we have to win, despite what some will tell you the chase for automatic promotion is not over just yet.

Millwall certainly did not expect to be down in Eighteenth place at this stage of the season and being only Four points above the drop zone will be of real concern to them, so will their current run of form which is pretty poor to say the least, Four defeats in the last Five has seen them plummet down the table at an alarming rate and they have gone from play off outsiders to relegation candidates in such a short space of time. Only Four teams in the Championship have scored less goals and Town will not have many better opportunities to get that elusive clean sheet, do that and we probably win the game.

Pressure will be on Millwall for sure, in some respects it is off Town as most neutrals think we are now settling for the play offs and this scenario could well suit us down to the ground, the Sky cameras are in attendance yet again and the watching world will have their eyes on us once more. I feel confident about this one IF Town start the game as we know we can, get out of the blocks, take it to them, silence the hostile crowd and go for it, get the swagger back, it couldn't come at a better time, it isn't too late and we still have so much to play for. Town win for me. COYB'S



The Opposition – Millwall FC - Honours


League


Second Division
Champions: 1987–88

Third Division South / Third Division / Second Division / League One
Champions: 1927–28, 1937–38, 2000–01
Promoted: 1965–66, 1975–76, 1984–85
Play-off winners: 2010, 2017

Fourth Division
Champions: 1961–62
Runners-up: 1964–65

Western Football League
Champions: 1907–08, 1908–09

Southern Football League
Champions: 1894–95, 1895–96


Cup


FA Cup
Runners-up: 2003–04

Football League Trophy
Winners: 1982–83
Runners-up: 1998–99

Football League War Cup
Finalists: 1945

Third Division South Cup




The Manager – Joe Edwards



Image




League Table as at 12.02.2024



Image




Form Guide



Millwall FC



13 Jan Millwall 1 - 3 Middlesbrough

20 Jan QP Rangers 2 - 0 Millwall

27 Jan Millwall 1 - 1 Preston

3 Feb Hull City 1 - 0 Millwall

11 Feb Coventry City 2 - 1 Millwall





Ipswich Town



1 Jan Stoke City 0 - 0 Ipswich Town

13 Jan Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Sunderland

22 Jan Leicester City 1 - 1 Ipswich Town

3 Feb Preston 3 - 2 Ipswich Town

10 Feb Ipswich Town 2 - 2 West Brom






Head to Head



Image



Match Referee – Sam Barrott



Image



MILLWALL 1 IPSWICH TOWN 2

hallamblue
Posts: 30787
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:12 pm

I've gone for a town win because we've got to, so hopefully we can get back on track now, fingers crossed. COYBs

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 6456
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm

I am not as confident as some about the seemingly lesser opponents going forward. They all will have identified our weaknesses by now, and unless KM addresses those deficiencies it will be another draw, if not a loss. In my opinion the starting line up will show if KM is aware of what’s going on. Here’s my starting line up for the win.

Hladky

Clarke Burgess Woolfenden Davis
Travis
Burns Morsy Hutchinson Sarmiento
Moore

I’d keep Woolfenden cuz I think he plays better with Burgess at his side. Travis needs to be playing and his leadership will help the defense. Regardless of recent performances, Burns is still an important attacking player. I’d drop Chaplin & Broadhead, even though Broadhead scored he’s been off pace, Chaplin needs to sit out a start…maybe that will light a fire. Hutchinson & Sarmiento can both be explosive players to help get a lead early. That leaves Moore, Davis & Burns will eventually find him I’m confident. Will this be KMs mindset? Of course not. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson starts.

osborne77
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by osborne77 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 pm

Definite town win, reasonably comfortably.

Someone posted these stats on twitter - Ipswich in last three games have had 84 shots, 23 on target, and scored 5 goals. We have conceded 19 shots, 7 on target, and conceded 7 goals

Not sure how accurate they are but have been thinking about what that might mean other than poor finishing and the sometimes abysmal defending that we've all seen. Several posts on here about our lack of premiership quality players and the gulf in squad costs between us and the parachute payment clubs. Maybe, the KM effect means that our team is much better than the sum of its parts in attack but we just don't have the individual quality to take the chances created. At the other end, the KM magic just isn't there and team isn't greater than the sum of its parts in defence and the same lack of individual quality gets punished. Both of these weaknesses are particularly exposed when playing the better quality teams with managers who have done their homework on us. Also that could just be an incredibly naive and simplistic interpretation, so am looking forward to the views of other who probably have a greater understanding of the technical side of the game.

A lot of our attacking and build up play has been fantastic this year, when everything's ticking and that's down the the manager wringing everything he can out of players. We've been massively overachieving though, with what we've got and unfortunately Southampton and Leeds have both been on cracking runs when we've had a tough run of games, with some key absences/injuries exposing a lack of squad depth.

Everyone on here without exception would have settled of the play offs at the start of the season and I think that KM is learning all of the time and will get us there. Not sure he deserves some of the criticism he gets. After all, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have managing us at the moment who would actually come here.

I sense a good run of games now and whilst one of Southampton or Leeds might have a wobble, I can't see them both having one. So, as was said in the posts about the last match I'll settle for a good run of form going into the playoffs as being an absolutely bloody brilliant season.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 18619
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:18 pm

I would like to see McKenna freshen things up a bit and try 3-5-2 which I think would tighten the defence without impacting too much on our attacking play. We could miss Chaplin but he looked a bit jaded on Saturday and may benefit from a break. If he’s on the bench and I’ve called it wrong he could be the first replacement. I just think we need to prove we can survive the first 45 mins without conceding and this line up stands a good chance of achieving that.

Hladky

Woolfie - Axel - Burgess

Clarke - Travis - Morsy - Broadhead/Sarmiento - Davis

Al-Hamadi or Hutchinson - Moore


Bold prediction ; Millwall 1-3 Town

shabba
Posts: 2033
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:54 am

I'm ok with the WBA result, was a gutsty performance from town we just look SO weak at the back, it's been an issue before and it is again, the conversation rate against us has always been a bit soft.

I think we will see some changes tonight, bit of rotation. Suspect Hutchinson will get a start, Axel will come in, Moore will maybe start but not finish.

Be interesting when Al-Hamadi gets a start and if it'll be in the Broadhead narrow left position or the central striker, as he has played usually up front with a bigger target man at Wimbledon (and worked v well doing that).

Does Chaplin get a rest/dropped? Alot of questions thats for sure.

As above I suspect Travis will come in for Masimo too as they dont like to overwork Mas - what with his injury record. It's difficult as the subs always have a good impact, but mainly becuase they are up against a tired defence - so when they start it's often not the same impact.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2862
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:14 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:18 pm
I would like to see McKenna freshen things up a bit and try 3-5-2 which I think would tighten the defence without impacting too much on our attacking play. We could miss Chaplin but he looked a bit jaded on Saturday and may benefit from a break. If he’s on the bench and I’ve called it wrong he could be the first replacement. I just think we need to prove we can survive the first 45 mins without conceding and this line up stands a good chance of achieving that.

Hladky

Woolfie - Axel - Burgess

Clarke - Travis - Morsy - Broadhead/Sarmiento - Davis

Al-Hamadi or Hutchinson - Moore


Bold prediction ; Millwall 1-3 Town
Agree that KM needs to change the formation, and 3-5-2 is actually my favourite formation.

However, for this game I think that a 3-1-4-2 formation would give us slightly better cover:
Hladky
Clarke - Tuanzebe - Burgess
Travis
Hutchinson - Morsy - Chaplin - Davis
Al-Hamedi - Moore

Of course, we all know that KM is bound to stick with the tried and trusted, which is why I've predicted a 1-0 home win

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 29432
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:24 am

With the best will in the world guys, McKenna is NOT and will NOT be about to change the starting formation anytime soon, even though a lot of us, myself included, believe that 3-5-2 would suit us with the players we have, he has said numerous times we have to trust the process and stick with it, its all part of the long term plan, sadly others have cottoned on to it.

I do however think we will make changes tonight, I would love to see this line up.....

Hladky

Clarke
Woolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Morsy
Travis

Hutchinson
Chaplin
Al-Hamadi

Moore


I know some are suggesting resting Chaplin and to a point I agree, however he is a talisman and makes things happen, he is always liable to create that chance or find a goal, yes he's on a little bit of an iffy spell but I don't believe it will last long, unlike Broadhead, so for that reason I'd stick with him.

For me Hutchinson just has to start, he's on fire, Burns was a bit of a no show at times against Brom while for me Al-Hamadi looks so exciting and chomping at the bit, him in just behind Moore could be very effective. I just hope Davis is back on it tonight as we missed his usual supply of delivery into the box.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 29432
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:27 am

osborne77 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 pm
Definite town win, reasonably comfortably.

Someone posted these stats on twitter - Ipswich in last three games have had 84 shots, 23 on target, and scored 5 goals. We have conceded 19 shots, 7 on target, and conceded 7 goals

Not sure how accurate they are but have been thinking about what that might mean other than poor finishing and the sometimes abysmal defending that we've all seen. Several posts on here about our lack of premiership quality players and the gulf in squad costs between us and the parachute payment clubs. Maybe, the KM effect means that our team is much better than the sum of its parts in attack but we just don't have the individual quality to take the chances created. At the other end, the KM magic just isn't there and team isn't greater than the sum of its parts in defence and the same lack of individual quality gets punished. Both of these weaknesses are particularly exposed when playing the better quality teams with managers who have done their homework on us. Also that could just be an incredibly naive and simplistic interpretation, so am looking forward to the views of other who probably have a greater understanding of the technical side of the game.

A lot of our attacking and build up play has been fantastic this year, when everything's ticking and that's down the the manager wringing everything he can out of players. We've been massively overachieving though, with what we've got and unfortunately Southampton and Leeds have both been on cracking runs when we've had a tough run of games, with some key absences/injuries exposing a lack of squad depth.

Everyone on here without exception would have settled of the play offs at the start of the season and I think that KM is learning all of the time and will get us there. Not sure he deserves some of the criticism he gets. After all, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have managing us at the moment who would actually come here.

I sense a good run of games now and whilst one of Southampton or Leeds might have a wobble, I can't see them both having one. So, as was said in the posts about the last match I'll settle for a good run of form going into the playoffs as being an absolutely bloody brilliant season.
It's an excellent point Osborne, the attacking side is definitely performing way better than the sum of its parts snd the results are clear to see, the defensive side definitely not so and get punished so often because at times they are performing like the League One players they are, Davis aside.

hallamblue
Posts: 30787
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:34 am

Its a difficult one re the team and formation. I do agree that Mckenna is unlikely to make wholesale changes to either. We will of course all have our line ups and formations. The main thing we must do is stop conceding soft / early goals, and to that end , I hope McKenna is looking at past footage to identify the reasons WHY we keep gifting goals. Is there a trend , certain individuals or team events that allow this to keep happening . Of course if we don't have the players in the building the those assets required to stop these errors, then we'll have to make do until the summer. Its a big step up for some of these players.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24050
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Yes, very good match preview. Big game at The Den and predicted a win in this one, which in itself has properly jinxed it.

I would LOVE to have Elon Musk type cash and i would 100% purchase Ipswich Town Football Club. Then I would send Kieron McKenna off on a fully paid plus extras indefinite holiday. Then id employ you guys on rotation to be manager. Rossi definitely first with that 3-5-2. Not being sarcastic at all. Money wouldnt be an option so it’d be my experiment. Then Hallamblue after the fans want Rossi replaced, then Hallam lasts a few weeks longer with a 8-1-1 formations, but….. nope, fans are not liking it…… 9 comes in, drops Chaplin…… oops, fans want him out before kick off…….. and so on and so forth.

Its all in jest, but come on. Have faith in the guy. Its the anniversary of Brovers. Does he need to SHOW good stuff for the people already onboard to STAY onboard? Faith is about believing is it not? And that Faith has went from L1 to top end Champ.
Believe some more. Come on. Be WITH Kieron & Co, not just alongside when its “good”.
And then finally, and more importantly….. to “some” of the players ——>> pull your fingers out.

AzzurroMark…….. making you boss for feb, don’t let us down! 👍👌

Caption:
Ref: “Is that theeee huski chocolate?”
Millwall guy: “It is yes. Want some?”
Ref: “oh boy, do i want some.”

User avatar
Dubai Blue
Posts: 4930
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 pm
Location: Dubai, UAE

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:21 pm

Interesting reading this thread. IMO we may see the early part of our games improve now that we are going to be playing a number of teams with players of a lower quality. We've been on a tough run of games against a number of teams with high quality in attack. I don't see any reason why we can't get ourselves back on track against Millwall and collect plenty of points in the coming games to keep Leeds & Soton under pressure.

Not panicing just yet.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8272
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:45 pm

I have to agree with 9 that things don’t always go to plan regarding so-called easier games, especially away from home. This season we have already only come away with a draw at Huddersfield, Rotherham, Birmingham and Stoke. I think tomorrow night it will depend on how we start the game. Come out really up for the game and hopefully get a early goal and I can see us going on and getting the 3 points. Start like we have recently in games then we could very well end up struggling again.
For once I’m going to put on my positive hat on and go for Millwall 1 Town 2.

shabba
Posts: 2033
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:24 am
With the best will in the world guys, McKenna is NOT and will NOT be about to change the starting formation anytime soon, even though a lot of us, myself included, believe that 3-5-2 would suit us with the players we have, he has said numerous times we have to trust the process and stick with it, its all part of the long term plan, sadly others have cottoned on to it.

I do however think we will make changes tonight, I would love to see this line up.....

Hladky

Clarke
Woolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Morsy
Travis

Hutchinson
Chaplin
Al-Hamadi

Moore


I know some are suggesting resting Chaplin and to a point I agree, however he is a talisman and makes things happen, he is always liable to create that chance or find a goal, yes he's on a little bit of an iffy spell but I don't believe it will last long, unlike Broadhead, so for that reason I'd stick with him.

For me Hutchinson just has to start, he's on fire, Burns was a bit of a no show at times against Brom while for me Al-Hamadi looks so exciting and chomping at the bit, him in just behind Moore could be very effective. I just hope Davis is back on it tonight as we missed his usual supply of delivery into the box.
I think this could be very close to the lineup, maybe Axel gets the nod ahead of Clarke as he is managing that achilies injury, and maybe Broadhead of Sarimento starts in wide left with Al-Hamadi coming on later. KM may ease him in as he will need to get upto speed with how we play.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 29432
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 pm

I keep saying tonight, of course it's tomorrow!!

Dazzz67
Posts: 1634
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

Tbh not seeing a win here sadly, if we can grind one out then will be a huge boost to the team, especially at such a daunting place.

COYB, get back on track!

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8272
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 pm
I keep saying tonight, of course it's tomorrow!!
Don’t do that to me! I’ve just gone and checked my match ticket to make sure I’ve got the right night. :lol:

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 6456
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 pm

Millwall will most likely play the high press cuz everyone knows how we play out from the back. Hypothetical question, what if we played…the long ball to thwart Millwall’s suspected tactics. I’m not sure what kind of speed they have in their ranks, but if Hutchinson and/or Sarmiento start surely they can find space to receive a long pass. Just a thought.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:35 pm

I think we will win but I believe that he will stick with Edmundson he said Burgess did not train fully while away but I think he might put Axel in over Wolfie. COYB.

shabba
Posts: 2033
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:29 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:35 pm
I think we will win but I believe that he will stick with Edmundson he said Burgess did not train fully while away but I think he might put Axel in over Wolfie. COYB.
Axel might go in at RB as Clarke is managing an Achilles injury.

mendipblue
Posts: 701
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:01 pm

Win tonight close gap on Southampton and 3 pts behind Leeds with a game in hand. Granted there goal difference is much better. Would really keep us in the mix 🙏

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2862
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Win tonight close gap on Southampton and 3 pts behind Leeds with a game in hand. Granted there goal difference is much better. Would really keep us in the mix 🙏
All sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Oh, and it's "their", not "there" (sic) :wink:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24050
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Win tonight close gap on Southampton and 3 pts behind Leeds with a game in hand. Granted there goal difference is much better. Would really keep us in the mix 🙏
All sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Oh, and it's "their", not "there" (sic) :wink:
I would of corrected that myself, but decided against it.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3015
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Win tonight close gap on Southampton and 3 pts behind Leeds with a game in hand. Granted there goal difference is much better. Would really keep us in the mix 🙏
All sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Oh, and it's "their", not "there" (sic) :wink:
I would of corrected that myself, but decided against it.
I would have corrected that myself....! Sorry Marko :P :lol:

User avatar
arana peligrosa
Posts: 10449
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Here's what you can expect from it. We'll start with a 4-2-3-1 formation. We'll have or create more chances and goal opportunity than them. We'll have greater possession and necessarily still not win or take victory. Players that should ideally start the game will be benched or not utilized at the proper time.

It's not so much criticism but the facts of what once again may come to pass. It's futile but I'd play Moore and Broadhead together from the off, Chaplin isn't or doesn't seem as proficient as once before but his presence on the field can still influence the team but the manager just won't deploy him in what should be a natural position. We're going there to win, need three points from it, but time and again the start formation is wrong and we begin with something of (some would argue) a disadvantage.

We're not going to get or finish first position so screw that and focus on what's feasible. Southampton losing was encouraging and we need to grab such opportunities. They're (MFC) soft touch on their own ground this season and it's winnable. It's within our capabilities to do it but one last time there's invariably factors before and during game time that impedes chances of overall victory.

Hope to win but lot of things depend on how (once again) this could play out.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24050
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:27 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 pm


All sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Oh, and it's "their", not "there" (sic) :wink:
I would of corrected that myself, but decided against it.
I would have corrected that myself....! Sorry Marko :P :lol:
:lol: 👍👌

Could be wrong re this forum, but i did start a “would of , could of, should of pet hate” thread somewhere.
It was basically a teaching thread to help in case people were filling out an application form for a job. I know that sounds pompous as F U C K…… but the “could of’s” are the thickest of them all…… and i even had to convert a family member from an “of” to a “have”.

She told me to f**k of.

I told her, no…… its f**k off.

9 says, “should of known, high jacking the thread again!” :D

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2862
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 pm


All sounds so simple, doesn't it.

Oh, and it's "their", not "there" (sic) :wink:
I would of corrected that myself, but decided against it.
I would have corrected that myself....! Sorry Marko :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 18619
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm


I would of corrected that myself, but decided against it.
I would have corrected that myself....! Sorry Marko :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorrry AzM, I think that was intentional 🤣

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3015
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:39 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm


I would have corrected that myself....! Sorry Marko :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorrry AzM, I think that was intentional 🤣
Hmm, I did wonder! Reel'em in :lol: :lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24050
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Championship - Millwall FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:46 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:39 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorrry AzM, I think that was intentional 🤣
Hmm, I did wonder! Reel'em in :lol: :lol:
Image

Post Reply