McKenna - on his future at Ipswich Town.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: McKenna - on his future at Ipswich Town.

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:03 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:00 pm
You only have to look at Sheffield United, Burnley & Luton last season to realise that staying up next year would be a bigger achievement than getting promotion from the Championship.
Especially Burnley. They've been YO-YO with a feckin plane load o' parachutes on the Turf Moor.

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 pm

Charnwood wrote:
You only have to look at Sheffield United, Burnley & Luton last season to realise that staying up next year would be a bigger achievement than getting promotion from the Championship.
Yep and if McKenna is still our manager we’ll go through this all over again! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:06 pm

ITFC2024 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Yep and if McKenna is still our manager we’ll go through this all over again! :lol:
Yes, can you imagine......, trying to prepare for the Champions League with all this shyte going on.

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:06 pm
ITFC2024 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Yes, can you imagine......, trying to prepare for the Champions League with all this shyte going on.
:lol: Better make another hotel reservation for Schwartz this time next year!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 26, 2024 10:17 pm

ITFC2024 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 9:55 pm
Was browsing the Man Utd forums and the majority of fans want TH to stay another season.
If he doesn’t go to United in my opinion that only leaves Brighton to worry about.

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:21 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:17 pm
ITFC2024 wrote:
Was browsing the Man Utd forums and the majority of fans want TH to stay another season.
If he doesn’t go to United in my opinion that only leaves Brighton to worry about.
If he picks Brighton over us I will lose respect for him

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 26, 2024 10:24 pm

Guess he must be staying on an extended and greatly increased Town contract then 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 27, 2024 1:22 am

ITFC2024 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:21 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:17 pm
ITFC2024 wrote:
If he picks Brighton over us I will lose respect for him
Brighton are years ahead of us so there’s no reason to lose respect for the man for this alone. The only reason I’d lose respect for him is if he moves anywhere without having been given Towns permission whilst under contract. To give him the benefit of doubt at this stage it’s possible that he’s still not been in discussion with anyone formally. There’s also a possibility that given his current contract was agreed when we were in the Championship that he has a release course that can be triggered by a Premier League Club in return for payment of a fixed fee. I’ve seen £6m referred to somewhere recently rising to £10m if he signs his new contract alleged to have been offered recently.

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:02 am

I shouldn’t be up this late, as my lovely partner will proclaim. One last thought for tonight, I don’t really care who the manager will be…we’re back! And don’t you forget it!!

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:18 am

ITFC2024 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:02 am
I shouldn’t be up this late, as my lovely partner will proclaim. One last thought for tonight, I don’t really care who the manager will be…we’re back! And don’t you forget it!!
we're back alright. But without mckenna..im afraid we be back in the championship...

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 am

If McKenna goes and it’s only an if at this stage, believe me Denny there will be others out there just as good and dare I say even better. In Mark Ashton we must place our trust and so far he’s not let us down.

McKenna was given one objective when he joined Ipswich Town and that was to get us back to the Premier League by 2027 and that he’s achieved with time to spare.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon May 27, 2024 6:45 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 am
If McKenna goes and it’s only an if at this stage, believe me Denny there will be others out there just as good and dare I say even better. In Mark Ashton we must place our trust and so far he’s not let us down.

McKenna was given one objective when he joined Ipswich Town and that was to get us back to the Premier League by 2027 and that he’s achieved with time to spare.
This is spot on. Whilst I still feel that McKenna will stay and may not even really be considering any so called offers, if he did go there are others that can do a job also. He is awesome but not uniquely able to succeed in the Prem.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon May 27, 2024 7:46 am

Today via bbc gossip section:

Manchester United have held talks with the representatives of Brentford manager Thomas Frank and former Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino, with Erik ten Hag at serious rick of being sacked. (Telegraph - subscription required), external
If United appoint Pochettino, he will look to bring midfielder Conor Gallagher and defender Trevoh Chalobah with him from Chelsea to Old Trafford. (Football Insider, external)
Frank has held meetings with Chelsea as they look for a manager, after parting company with Pochettino. (Christian Falk), external
Former Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi is the fourth name on Chelsea's list in their search for a new manager, with Frank, Leicester City's Enzo Maresca and Ipswich Town's Kieran McKenna the others. (Mail), external
Leicester boss Maresca has rejected an approach from Sevilla as he wants to stay in the Premier League, and is waiting for a response from Chelsea after recent talks with the Stamford Bridge club. (Fabrizio Romano)

QldBlue

Post by QldBlue » Mon May 27, 2024 8:08 am

Sounds like Potter is the new favorite for the Brighton job. I don’t think there’s any chance of McKenna going to ManU. My feeling is that there’ll be a renegotiated contract announced. Whatever deal he signed last year, there’s no way it could have anticipated his current accolades and value. With his stock so high right now, I imagine his agent has been working overtime to capitalise on this and all these rumors serve that purpose. I reckon he has earned it.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon May 27, 2024 10:23 am

According to Talksport and BBC, KM is no longer a candidate for the Chelsea manager. These reports also state that he is unlikely to renew his contract with us, and that Brighton are confident of landing him

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 27, 2024 10:32 am

Well if that’s the case, Gary, he can sod off. Brighton are not a step up, I don’t care how bloody “ established” they are.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 27, 2024 11:15 am

Better get my apology typed out to Norwich c*nt, BelleVue. 🤦‍♂️

Then a second apology for labelling him a Norwich c*nt.

Really Kieron? Brighton? I mean all of Shabbas Brighton knowledge aside ——->> REALLY? BRIGHTON?

This’ll be a proverbial kick in the nutsac to all Ipswich Town supporters. Well the ones who identity as “male” that is.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon May 27, 2024 11:31 am

Whilst I would say Brighton are a few years ahead of us in terms of where we would like to get I do wonder if they have reached their full potential. Their form in the 2nd half of last season dropped off dramatically and if it was to continue into the start of next season things could change quite quickly there.
The other thing is from what I have read on a few of their forums some of their fans are not happy about already being labelled as a stepping stone for McKenna to further his career. One thing is for sure even if he ends up there he will be expected to make a quick start otherwise things could turn against him very quickly.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 27, 2024 11:38 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 11:31 am
Whilst I would say Brighton are a few years ahead of us in terms of where we would like to get I do wonder if they have reached their full potential. Their form in the 2nd half of last season dropped off dramatically and if it was to continue into the start of next season things could change quite quickly there.
The other thing is from what I have read on a few of their forums some of their fans are not happy about already being labelled as a stepping stone for McKenna to further his career. One thing is for sure even if he ends up there he will be expected to make a quick start otherwise things could turn against him very quickly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well they better get used to it, hahahahahaha!! :lol: Brighton Big Baws is it? They have reached their limit in my opinion. No further. Do they think they’re Top 8 material?
Nope…….. they’ll be Stoke City-like in a few years, mid-table Championship. (Opinion only)

Kieron McKenna is already standing on a HUGE stepping stone to his Man Utd dream. Stay where you are Kieron. Forget about your agents wallet. STAY @ ITFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 27, 2024 12:30 pm

IF, and I say IF, he could consider swapping us for Brighton then he is a wanker of the highest order. What is it scared of putting in the hard yards to establish a team you actually got to the Premier League, instead jump ship to a club NO BIGGER just a bit further ahead in the journey. Again IF this happens I don't wish him well at all, I hope they crash and burn.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon May 27, 2024 12:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:30 pm
IF, and I say IF, he could consider swapping us for Brighton then he is a wanker of the highest order. What is it scared of putting in the hard yards to establish a team you actually got to the Premier League, instead jump ship to a club NO BIGGER just a bit further ahead in the journey. Again IF this happens I don't wish him well at all, I hope they crash and burn.
Tbh if it is a case he wants to go then I don’t give a f*** where he ends up. Just want it to get sorted quickly so that ITFC can concentrate on getting ready for next season whoever the manager might be.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:23 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:35 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tbh if it is a case he wants to go then I don’t give a f*** where he ends up. Just want it to get sorted quickly so that ITFC can concentrate on getting ready for next season whoever the manager might be.
Yep true……… Ipswich always the focus……. But we can multi-task in our pi$$ed-offness…… and onboard with Mike…… crash & burn Brighton & WHO?(ve) Albion. I’ll hang fire on any thoughts of Kierons character until things are rubber stamped.

Again……… dont do it Kieron, and let Ipswich fans know that it was never even considered.

By the way kieron, if in fact you do read forums ——>> be ready for a barrage of “opinion” if you feck off to Brighton, buddy! There will be a smattering of the “well wishers” and the “thanks for everything” folks…….. but dear oh dear, be ready for “other opinions”.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon May 27, 2024 1:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Word 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 27, 2024 3:06 pm

So with Leicester likely to be about to lose their manager to Chelsea, do we now add them to the “McKenna’s agent has spoken to ….” List?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 27, 2024 3:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
“ no bigger”? I’d say they’re actually smaller!

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 pm

De Zerbi now being linked with Brighton.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 pm

The next rumour McKenna to Leicester just to Pi## us off even more 🤔😂😂

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:30 pm

ITFC2024 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 pm
De Zerbi now being linked with Brighton.
Hmmm. At least he could cancel the removal men.

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 pm
The next rumour McKenna to Leicester just to Pi## us off even more 🤔😂😂
That's tomorrow's headline! :lol:

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Mon May 27, 2024 4:16 pm

TalkSport:
Ipswich are thought to be interested in Luton’s Rob Edwards as a potential replacement if McKenna does leave the club.

Former Hull manager Liam Rosenior is also a contender after he was sacked by the Tigers despite finishing seventh in the Championship.
First time I've heard Liam Rosenoir mentioned.