Euro 2024 Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24804
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:29 pm

And Shearer??

His managerial attempts are GLOWING!

Southgate was a penalty shootout away from the Euro champs.

Fkn twats

The England National Team Boss job is on a par with the American Presidency. Too difficult and they age dramatically in a few months :lol:

Blue Wilf
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:35 pm

I think you will find Biden and Trump were old fools long before they became president... 😂

hallamblue
Posts: 31611
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:39 pm

England look like they’re sleep walking through this game. I have no idea what our game plan is supposed to be. We’re not very good at all tonight I’m afraid.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:43 pm

They are certainly walking through it. Oh and Rice is shockingly bad - he is sh!t.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 pm

Where is our 'hero' Bellingham? 🙄

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30435
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:54 pm

Let's face it we are absolute sh*te, yet again.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:57 pm

What a f****** embarrassment that lot are. Really feel for the many fans that I know that have gone over there to watch that sh*t. World class players my arse. The Town could have beaten that lot tonight. As for the manager the less said the better.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:26 pm

I don't like international games and have not watched very much of these games but I did watch this game and it just confirmed why I don't watch them absolute rubbish.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:30 pm

Well the first 'heavyweight' tie, Spain v Italy has had more excitement in the first 25 minutes than we saw in the entirety of the England game, and that's for a 0-0 (somehow) currently! England aren't on the same planet as these two, Spain especially look very dangerous!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30435
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:05 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:26 pm
I don't like international games and have not watched very much of these games but I did watch this game and it just confirmed why I don't watch them absolute rubbish.
Snap, that's me to a tee, I'm off on holiday tomorrow and NO WAY will I be seeing another game in this tournament, its utter bollocks.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:18 pm

Italy making some uncharacteristic mistakes in defence, but take nothing away from their opponents, Spain who are looking in scintillating form going forward, making Italy looking pretty second rate.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19613
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:43 pm

I was pissed off I couldn’t watch the game this evening due to a social engagement I couldn’t get out of. Having just arrived home and now catching up with reports and comments I think my wife did me a massive favour.
Why are we so crap when it comes to these tournament games.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:53 pm

I've not seen many games yet, but I was really impressed by Spain last night. Of those who are bothered, has any team in particular caught your eye? I only saw highlights of the Germany/Scotland game but were the Germans as good as the scoreline could suggest, or was it just the limitations of their opponents in this case?

valleyroad
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by valleyroad » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:53 pm
I've not seen many games yet, but I was really impressed by Spain last night. Of those who are bothered, has any team in particular caught your eye? I only saw highlights of the Germany/Scotland game but were the Germans as good as the scoreline could suggest, or was it just the limitations of their opponents in this case?
both, Scotland were very poor but Germany were very good on the night.
France, Germany, Spain so far for me.

hallamblue
Posts: 31611
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:36 pm

Bad language alert, but quite funny nonetheless and tbh , he’s not wrong is he….


https://twitter.com/Jimmyyy_____?ref_sr ... 9F9883%2F6

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:01 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:36 pm
Bad language alert, but quite funny nonetheless and tbh , he’s not wrong is he….


https://twitter.com/Jimmyyy_____?ref_sr ... 9F9883%2F6
I laughed but he's not exactly a roll model for young children and is it really necessary, we all use bad language but I particularly hate the c word.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2979
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by rossi » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:13 am

Let's be brutally honest here - Southgate got his tactics completely wrong (AGAIN), and the pundits were absolutely right in calling him out. Just because somebody hasn't been a manager - or a successful one - does not mean they are incapable of having a salient opinion. Shearer and Ferdinand were both seasoned professional footballers - and bloody good ones, too - so I don't think their opinions can be taken with a pinch of salt. Otherwise, what's the point of this (or any other) forum?

hallamblue
Posts: 31611
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:13 am

Oh, he's definitely not a roll model. I think the red mist had well and truly descended.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2979
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by rossi » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:18 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:01 am
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:36 pm
Bad language alert, but quite funny nonetheless and tbh , he’s not wrong is he….


https://twitter.com/Jimmyyy_____?ref_sr ... 9F9883%2F6
I laughed but he's not exactly a roll model for young children and is it really necessary, we all use bad language but I particularly hate the c word.
And just what is so bad about c*ck?
Seriously, if you don't like it then don't use it, just don't expect others to do the same

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 30435
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:50 am

The C word, Canaries right ? Or Carrow ? Yep same here, hate those words.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:58 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:50 am
The C word, Canaries right ? Or Carrow ? Yep same here, hate those words.
lmao.
It's looks like I don't like any C words.🤣🤣

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 24804
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:16 am

rossi wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:13 am
Let's be brutally honest here - Southgate got his tactics completely wrong (AGAIN), and the pundits were absolutely right in calling him out. Just because somebody hasn't been a manager - or a successful one - does not mean they are incapable of having a salient opinion. Shearer and Ferdinand were both seasoned professional footballers - and bloody good ones, too - so I don't think their opinions can be taken with a pinch of salt. Otherwise, what's the point of this (or any other) forum?
I do agree, but that is all they are......, massive (damaging) opinions from a couch in a studio. I am not singling out Ian Wright in this. He is the model pundit who knows there are issues but his delivery will not have the nuggethead contingent jumping on Southgates case. Even Cesc was careful when he said, "Well, the players are so good that no one really knows how to piece them together...." --->> Rio butts in, "I KNOW!"
Well, go do it, Rio. Throw your hat into the ring and get the job after he's sacked.

Its all history repeating itself anyway......, remember 2010 ---->> Gerrard or Lampard, can't play both, can't play both whinge whinge whinge. Get off the fuckin sofa and go sort it then. Fkn canaries. Sorry, meant c u n t s.

hallamblue
Posts: 31611
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:19 am

lol …. Making me laugh marko , anyway…. :lol:

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:22 am

Get off the fuckin sofa and go sort it then. Fkn canaries. Sorry, meant c u n t s.

Am I surprised Marko 🤔 not one little bit 🤣🤣🤣

User avatar
arana peligrosa
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:31 pm

Belgium, easily one of the biggest nations to never win either a World Cup or European Championships, look a threat despite a poor opening game. They have to win something sooner or later and while wish them well there's just too much existing caliber from other nations right now that should prevent an elusive victory.

Portugal look real impressive and Iberian neighbors have to be a real threat with it but kind of disappointed the French just haven't started or seem to want to be elsewhere than trying to win a tournament. The drawn game with Netherlands was always going to occur, neither team wanted to lose and a point suited both nations with a winnable last fixture. Cut off the end piece and you got essentially a mirror game from West Germany / Austria from years back.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19613
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:00 pm

Holy sh*t, what a disaster for Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿⚽️☹️

Blue Wilf
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:05 pm

They weren't good enough and got caught by a sucker punch. It happens. Just hope the Hungarian guy is OK as that looked nasty 🤞

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 19613
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:20 pm

Tbh they just don’t create enough which is so disappointing but far too familiar.

Fortunately I think the Hungarian guy is ok.

User avatar
arana peligrosa
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 am

If it's any consolation at all they were never going to win the f**king thing. Not one Scots squad in history has progressed beyond the first round of major competition, gone by the wayside at group stage each and every time so what you got here is really nothing new. That said it remains a pity, would have wished to see them progress and take it as far as they could but some things just aren't meant to be.

Over time you've had players involved like MacKay, McNeill, Dalglish, John White, Souness, Baxter, Denis Law et cetera but somehow never progressed as they should. It's a mystery for sure but point being if they couldn't do it then with much greater players involved then what chance now. It's a shame, you can feel the frustrations or maybe injustice. Steve Clarke appears not to be the one individual to take them forward.

valleyroad
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Euro 2024 Thread

Post by valleyroad » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:19 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 am
If it's any consolation at all they were never going to win the f**king thing. Not one Scots squad in history has progressed beyond the first round of major competition, gone by the wayside at group stage each and every time so what you got here is really nothing new. That said it remains a pity, would have wished to see them progress and take it as far as they could but some things just aren't meant to be.

Over time you've had players involved like MacKay, McNeill, Dalglish, John White, Souness, Baxter, Denis Law et cetera but somehow never progressed as they should. It's a mystery for sure but point being if they couldn't do it then with much greater players involved then what chance now. It's a shame, you can feel the frustrations or maybe injustice. Steve Clarke appears not to be the one individual to take them forward.
I think you are correct here. I think Clark will walk away now as i have a feeling he may think he has taken Scotland as far as he can. The only thing he is going to be subjected to now is abuse if he carries on rather than the outstanding job he has done over the piece. Has the same feel as Rob Page.
Its the perfect timing for David Moyes also so watch this space.

Last night wasn't even our usual glorious failure it was just failure :)

Post Reply