You'll Be Delighted To Hear...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Himple

You'll Be Delighted To Hear...

Post by Himple » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:03 pm

That Darren Currie is our December player of the month!

:lol: :lol:

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:34 pm

thats a matter of opinion!

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:29 pm

Bollocks is it a matter of opinion!
He has had some shocking displays, But one thing Currie does and ALWAYS does is deliver. Without his creative abilitys we would be alot further down in this division. He doesnt get the credit he deserves sometimes beacuse his general performnce detracts away from his brilliant creative play!

Now for Bluebird to tear into this post :wink: :lol:

jjlj_itfc4eva

Re: You'll Be Delighted To Hear...

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:15 am

Himple_ITFC wrote:That Darren Currie is our December player of the month!

On bluesweb it is Danny Haynes http://www.ipswichtown-mad.co.uk/news/l ... &id=259983

Luke

Re: You'll Be Delighted To Hear...

Post by Luke » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:49 pm

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
Himple_ITFC wrote:That Darren Currie is our December player of the month!

On bluesweb it is Danny Haynes http://www.ipswichtown-mad.co.uk/news/l ... &id=259983
To be frank, Who the hell cares about bluesweb !?! Go plug your websites on twtd no room for that sort of crap here.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:37 pm

Luke wrote:Bollocks is it a matter of opinion!
He has had some shocking displays, But one thing Currie does and ALWAYS does is deliver. Without his creative abilitys we would be alot further down in this division. He doesnt get the credit he deserves sometimes beacuse his general performnce detracts away from his brilliant creative play!

Just reward for his effort, commitment and ...... bollocks to this, Currie is a tart, who can hit the odd pass! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:54 pm

Bluebird wrote:

Just reward for his effort, commitment and ...... bollocks to this, Currie is a tart, who can hit the odd pass! :lol: :lol: :wink:
have to agree with BB why oh why does currie get away with his sh*te crosses esp from free kicks they are either straight into the wall or just pussied into the keepers hands.

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:24 am

G'daddy wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

have to agree with BB why oh why does currie get away with his sh*te crosses esp from free kicks they are either straight into the wall or just pussied into the keepers hands.
Yes i agree. Jimmy Juan has taken two free-kicks this season and scored both. Wilnis has a decent cross as he showed against brighton. Would be a laugh aswell. lol

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:14 am

Bluebird wrote:

Sorry Luke - fully behind BB on this one. Yeah Currie might have set up a couple of goals this season but against Sheff Utd on Saturday we looked like a side playing with 10 men.

I was gutted to see young danny haynes dropped to see currie supposidly playing up front???

I am not saying Haynes is teh messiah by any means - purely saying to me it would have made sense to have played a guy with some pace alongside Lee. At times Lee was making good flick-ons and general hold up play was great - accept that a certain Mr Currie was no-where to be seen.

Currie holds onto the ball far too long and many a time has slowed up what could be a quick break (if that is even possible for town)!!

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:49 am

Sorry Luke - fully behind BB on this one. Yeah Currie might have set up a couple of goals this season but against Sheff Utd on Saturday we looked like a side playing with 10 men.
Currie's best contribution on saturday was slowly standing aside to let Juan take his fantastic free kick!
Does that count as an assist Luke? :lol: :wink:

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:05 am

He set up all but 1 of our goals in december. He deserves the award enougth said.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:45 am

Luke wrote:He set up all but 1 of our goals in december. He deserves the award enougth said.
To be fair though Luke - we are hardly prolific this season and I seriously question how many goals we HAVEN'T scored because currie has slowed play up or given the ball away when we have had a good opportunity.

I will agree that the man has talent and can pick out a good pass - but I feel someone with more energy and a more direct approach would give more to the team. Being a footballer is more than just creating a few goalscoring opportunities!!

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:41 am

the-mole wrote:
Luke wrote:He set up all but 1 of our goals in december. He deserves the award enougth said.
To be fair though Luke - we are hardly prolific this season and I seriously question how many goals we HAVEN'T scored because currie has slowed play up or given the ball away when we have had a good opportunity.

I will agree that the man has talent and can pick out a good pass - but I feel someone with more energy and a more direct approach would give more to the team. Being a footballer is more than just creating a few goalscoring opportunities!!
We cant afford this fantasy player you talk about :roll:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:47 am

Luke wrote:
the-mole wrote:

hehe - I am just talking about someone with any pace - someone who works hard and someone who won't slow the pace down to magiltons level!! At times on saturday Currie was floating around like a lost sheep and there have been plenty of times this season when that has been the case chap.

If it were a choice between him and Haynes I would have gone for haynes any day of the week. In this division people don't like pace - there are alot of slow defenders in this league and players like haynes regardless of ability will cause problems.

Currie has got a few assists but as the main free kick taker (into the box) the law of averages states that sooner or later someone will score from one. We aren't renonwned for scoring from open play this season so the stats will suggest currie is a site better than he actually is!!

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:48 am

Luke, your man Currie never does enough to justify playing 10 v 11, as you would say, enough said :lol: :wink:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:53 am

the-mole wrote:
Luke wrote:
the-mole wrote: To be fair though Luke - we are hardly prolific this season and I seriously question how many goals we HAVEN'T scored because currie has slowed play up or given the ball away when we have had a good opportunity.

hehe - I am just talking about someone with any pace - someone who works hard and someone who won't slow the pace down to magiltons level!! At times on saturday Currie was floating around like a lost sheep and there have been plenty of times this season when that has been the case chap.

If it were a choice between him and Haynes I would have gone for haynes any day of the week. In this division people don't like pace - there are alot of slow defenders in this league and players like haynes regardless of ability will cause problems.

Currie has got a few assists but as the main free kick taker (into the box) the law of averages states that sooner or later someone will score from one. We aren't renonwned for scoring from open play this season so the stats will suggest currie is a site better than he actually is!!
That's exactly what I've tried to say to Luke in the past. If Magilton was still taking corners the law of averages would mean that he's bound to set up a few. But I doubt Luke would sing the praises of him.

Personally I feel that Currie is becoming the odd one out in our midfielders. I really like the look of our other midfielders, and if you like at all other sides at the top end of the table, they don't have luxury players like Currie in the middle of the park who you can carry for 90 minutes hoping he can do something spectacular for 1!!

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:26 pm

the-mole wrote:
Luke wrote:
the-mole wrote: To be fair though Luke - we are hardly prolific this season and I seriously question how many goals we HAVEN'T scored because currie has slowed play up or given the ball away when we have had a good opportunity.

Dont get me started on Danny (Ive got pace but f*ck all else) Haynes :lol: :wink:

ippers

Post by ippers » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Or how about Ian 'Ive done naff all' Westlake (Other than scoring against Luton after another glorious Currie freekick)? :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:40 am

[quote]Currie has got a few assists but as the main free kick taker (into the box) the law of averages states that sooner or later someone will score from one. We aren't renonwned for scoring from open play this season so the stats will suggest currie is a site better than he actually is!![/quote]

Nail hit firmly on head!