The Transfer Window

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

The Transfer Window

Post by Riviera » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:17 am

anyone seen any real bargins so far? apart from matt jensen to noblot on a free or Alan Lee to us for just 100k

personally the one that i think is the biggest bargin so far is Grant Holt, Rochdale - Forest for £300k, ive seen this guy a few times and hes superb!

Bluebird

Re: The Transfer Window

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:38 am

Riviera wrote:anyone seen any real bargins so far? apart from matt jensen to noblot on a free or Alan Lee to us for just 100k

personally the one that i think is the biggest bargin so far is Grant Holt, Rochdale - Forest for £300k, ive seen this guy a few times and hes superb!
He'll need to be good to kick start their season, if we think things are bad here, it could be so much worse!

Shed on tour

Re: The Transfer Window

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:01 pm

Bluebird wrote:
Riviera wrote:anyone seen any real bargins so far? apart from matt jensen to noblot on a free or Alan Lee to us for just 100k

He'll need to be good to kick start their season, if we think things are bad here, it could be so much worse![/quote]

BB
Give it a chance I'm sure our board have a 2 year plan!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:11 pm

8)
Last edited by Jonno on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Ben Futcher [Boston - Grimsby] £100.000 Absolute Bargain
Riccardo Scimeca [West Brom - Cardiff] Free
Leon Knight [Brighton - Swansea] £125,000
Carl Robinson [Sunderland - Norwich] £50,000

Biggest Rip off has to be the very high price of
Marcus Bent [Everton - Charlton] £2m what a rip off lol :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:12 pm

Jonno wrote:Ben Futcher [Boston - Grimsby] £100.000 Absolute Bargain
Leon Knight [Brighton - Swansea] £125,000
Carl Robinson [Sunderland - Naaaaaaaridge] £50,000

Biggest Rip off has to be the very high price of
Marcus Bent [Everton - Charlton] £2m what a rip off lol :lol:
Is that the ben futcher that used to play for Lincoln? never rated him at all

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:15 pm

yes it is m8, ive seen him for Lincoln and Boston and im a big fan of his, hes tall and REALLY good in the air, and he does pop up with the odd goal from time to time

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:18 pm

Jonno wrote:yes it is m8, ive seen him for Lincoln and Boston and im a big fan of his, hes tall and REALLY good in the air, and he does pop up with the odd goal from time to time
ah well its all about opinions lol

his dad was a good player in his time, paul futcher

i bet if u look at the stats, most of ben futchers goals have come in the last 5 minutes of games, hes fooking huge, they always chucked him forward at the end, and he nearly always got a goal v's torquay

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:22 pm

i saw Ben play 3 or 4 times against Leyton Orient and he scored in each game, as soon as he came up for the corners u knew it could only be aimed at him and 9 times out of 10 he would win it in the air

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Riviera wrote:
Jonno wrote:yes it is m8, ive seen him for Lincoln and Boston and im a big fan of his, hes tall and REALLY good in the air, and he does pop up with the odd goal from time to time

i bet if u look at the stats, most of ben futchers goals have come in the last 5 minutes of games, hes fooking huge, they always chucked him forward at the end, and he nearly always got a goal v's torquay
I can vouch for that the bloke is huge!! Been out on the beers with him in Lincoln hard work when you are standing at the bar!!!

Not a bad defender - doesn't seem to jump alot - but hey if you are over 6'4 does it really matter. Hasn't been a success at boston but what do you expect with the clueless tw@ts running that joint LOL!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:30 pm

the-mole wrote:
Riviera wrote:

I can vouch for that the bloke is huge!! Been out on the beers with him in Lincoln hard work when you are standing at the bar!!!

Not a bad defender - doesn't seem to jump alot - but hey if you are over 6'4 does it really matter. Hasn't been a success at boston but what do you expect with the clueless tw@ts running that joint LOL!!
Blimey - your taxi firm travels a fair way then !! :shock:

:wink: