Squad size

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Squad size

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 am

According to that other site which I never look at 😱 it looks like the 3rd and 4th tier will be able to have 22 players plus goalkeepers and under 21 year olds.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Squad size

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 am

And I bet some of them are moaning about it !!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 am

I thought it was set at 20 senior players. Senior players being over or under 21 year olds. Unless it’s changed.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 am
I thought it was set at 20 senior players. Senior players being over or under 21 year olds. Unless it’s changed.
Looks like it will change.

The limitations on the first-team playing set-up will remain in place, despite the controversial salary cap voted in last year being scrapped in February.

But there will be some leeway applied from the existing framework in place, which would have seen third and fourth tier sides limited to just 20 players next season – as the rules currently stand.

I think the main problem for us will be the limitations for us only being allowed to have salaries up to 60% of our revenue.We’ll still have a bigger budget than most in L1, but we’ll struggle to bring in championship or top end L1 players within that. Unless we’re smart enough to boost our revenue.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 am
And I bet some of them are moaning about it !!
I've just had a look and no nothing much said, the morons must be moaning about something else, I do like to read about possible transfers even though most are like the site rubbish.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 am
tangfastic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 am
Looks like it will change.

The limitations on the first-team playing set-up will remain in place, despite the controversial salary cap voted in last year being scrapped in February.

But there will be some leeway applied from the existing framework in place, which would have seen third and fourth tier sides limited to just 20 players next season – as the rules currently stand.

I think the main problem for us will be the limitations for us only being allowed to have salaries up to 60% of our revenue. We’ll still have a bigger budget than most in L1, but we’ll struggle to bring in championship or top end L1 players within that. Unless we’re smart enough to boost our revenue.

Tang: If PC makes the right signings and during pre season warm up games it looks very promising, then on home games we will see 20;000 to 25;000 + gates hopefully, with no Covid restrictions in place, and that will boost the clubs income to allow pretty good wages close to championship level, with the promise of a hefty bonus if we get promoted.
That's how I see things panning out for 21/22 season :D :D