Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:26 pm

I don't see him starting very often, maybe in the cup comps, assuming he ever gets fit, personally I would get shot.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm
I'm with you Tang, I don't want him either and for what it's worth I don't believe its ever even been a possibility tbh.
The decision isn't ours to make lads, its Cookie and Ashton's, and if they want him they will get him, and if he decides to come back, there will be strict training/ health schedules to go through. The way I look at it most eastern block European footballers are made of pretty stern hard stuff, and PC will make sure he's up to it prior to any signing of contracts.

We must remember the new owners want quality, fit, hard working players that have been thoroughly vetted and scanned for any weaknesses, PC will build the team that wont get pushed and muscled off the ball by the other Division 1 teams, those days are over with of Nancy fancy so called pretty passing tactics, just hit them hard and fast no mercy shown. 😤😤 COYB

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:01 am

That's why Celina won't be coming here Ash, not hard working enough, too much of a luxury player, fab on his day, anonymous on others.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:24 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm
I'm with you Tang, I don't want him either and for what it's worth I don't believe its ever even been a possibility tbh.
The decision isn't ours to make lads, its Cookie and Ashton's, and if they want him they will get him, and if he decides to come back, there will be strict training/ health schedules to go through. The way I look at it most eastern block European footballers are made of pretty stern hard stuff, and PC will make sure he's up to it prior to any signing of contracts.

We must remember the new owners want quality, fit, hard working players that have been thoroughly vetted and scanned for any weaknesses, PC will build the team that wont get pushed and muscled off the ball by the other Division 1 teams, those days are over with of Nancy fancy so called pretty passing tactics, just hit them hard and fast no mercy shown. 😤😤 COYB
Having watched the fans forum the other night I believe any player coming here will be in NO doubt whatsoever what will be expected of them😀

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am

Mind you Burns,Penney,Edmundson,Chaplin and Piggot were wandering about on the waterfront yesterday and had a word with my boy so they are getting out and about which is good to see.👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:45 am

That's fab to hear

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:52 am

I agree and certainly adds to the feel good factor around the club. You get the feeling of sincerity from the new setup. This seems genuine and not just paying lip service to win the fans and community over.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 pm

Downes not with the under 23s or first team Injury or possible transfer, Celina having texts for heart trouble after covid it seems wish him well.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:45 pm

I see Coulson has very little chance of joining anybody due to them being light, according to Warnock.

Think we should knock this one on the head and move on and look elsewhere, was only going to be a loan anyway.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:59 am

With this latest Coulson news, I’d be inclined to back off him and look elsewhere. It’s been dragging on too long. Our Scottish scouting network has informed us that he’s ‘shyte’ anyway.
The lad, Robson, from Dundee Utd has apparently been on our radar, but Lincoln and Oxford are also looking at him and ready to make a bid. Maybe time to gazump them and p*ss off a few more of our rivals.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 pm

Cook has said today that we could be getting 4,5,6 more through the door.

More than I thought, but there are holes in the squad.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:43 pm

I wish this was true.....
Town are among a number of clubs being linked with Dundee United striker Lawrence Shankland.

According to the Daily Mail, Belgian side Beerschot have offered £500,000 for the 25-year-old but with the Blues in competition.

The MK Dons are also said to have shown interest, while Championship sides are also keen.

Glasgow-born Shankland, who is contracted to the Terrors for another year, is said to find the idea of playing abroad appealing.

The three-times-capped Scotland international started his career with Queen’s Park before moving on to Aberdeen, during which time he spent spells on loan at Dunfermline, St Mirren and Greenock Morton.

He joined Ayr United in 2017 before signing for Dundee United in the summer of 2019.

Since moving to Tannadice Shankland has scored 40 goals - including three already this season - in 70 starts and four sub appearances.

Having added Joe Pigott and Macauley Bonne to the squad alongside James Norwood this summer, and with Kayden Jackson seemingly back in the fold, it would be a surprise if Town moved for another central striker.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:32 pm

You never know BM, sure if we are interested we will see movement pretty quick now.....

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... so-poised/

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm

If there is any truth, we’d surely be moving players out. Not only Jackson - but maybe Norwood. Doesn’t add up…. looks like we’re fine with striker options.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I still don't see Jackson being here too long, I'm concerned with Norwoods fitness/Attitude and the jury is out on Bonne as far as I'm concerned so for me another striker would be most welcome.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:54 pm

Shankland would be an exciting signing if it happened. Be good to see if he could still get goals at the rate he does up here.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:05 am

Good signing if we can keep him fit
TWTD understands Town are closing in on the signing of Portsmouth winger Michael Jacobs.

The Blues’ move for the 29-year-old comes as no surprise with the deal having been ongoing for several weeks, Jacobs having played for Town manager Paul Cook at Wigan.

We understand Jacobs is at the club to complete the formalities relating to his switch from Pompey.

Rothwell-born Jacobs started his career with Northampton, during which time he had a spell on loan at Nuneaton, before joining Derby County in the summer 2012.

Two years later he moved on to Wolves following a loan spell, then spent another stint on loan at Blackpool before joining Wigan in 2015 and then Pompey in 2020.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 am

I knew we'd be in for another striker, this is an interesting one with the Barcelona connection etc, he must have something about him

Town are reportedly close to signing Aston Villa striker or winger Louie Barry on loan.

According the BirminghamLive, Barry is expected to join the Blues for the season, fighting off competition from fellow League One side Sunderland.

The 18-year-old was a youth player with West Brom for 10 years from the age of eight before moving to Barcelona in 2019.

After only six months with the Catalonian giants he returned to the Midlands in January last year and joined Villa for a fee of £880,000.

Barry’s only senior appearance so far came in the FA Cup last season in which he also scored his first goal in a 4-1 defeat.

Last season, he scored 20 goals in his 26 games, including that goal against the Reds, netting five and assisted four as Villa’s U18s won the FA Youth Cup.

Sutton Coldfield-born Barry has won England caps at U15, U16, U17 and U18 levels and also U15 and U16 with the Republic of Ireland.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am

Villa fans speak very highly of this kid and have high hopes for him, seems he can play right or left as well as striker, they see it as a good move him coming here and are pretty complimentary

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:24 am

Town to sign ex Barcelona player 👍well I thought we had pushed the boat out for a moment 😂

When Jacobs played in the Portsmouth side they did much better than without him but his injury record last season is a worry but in Cook we trust.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:34 am

Someone pointed out that Jacobs has played 370 games in 10 years which is pretty good to be fair.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am

He had two bad injuries last season. From tackles. Doesn’t mean to say he’s injury- prone.

Only played 12 games for Pompey last season and they won 10 of them.

I’m just wanting a CB, LB and another CM. Are we over-loading a bit up front?

At least we should see goals.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:03 am

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am
He had two bad injuries last season. From tackles. Doesn’t mean to say he’s injury- prone.

Only played 12 games for Pompey last season and they won 10 of them.

I’m just wanting a CB, LB and another CM. Are we over-loading a bit up front?

At least we should see goals.
No not over-loading up front Cook is going to play 1-3-2-4 this season.😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:20 am

I don't think we are overloaded up front tbh, Jackson isn't really wanted, Norwood will soon be injured or in prison and Bonne is probably back up so another striker to compliment Pigott and Chaplin is good.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:07 pm

No squad number for Coulson at Boro….so hopefully he’s the 3rd signing before Monday then .

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Barry has been announced

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:20 am
Norwood will soon be injured or in prison
:lol: :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:40 pm

shabba wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:32 pm
Barry has been announced
Bit of an unknown quantity in ways, but that is a positive thing. Like the sound of him as he certainly has a good pedigree at all the levels he has played at. What's more he knows how to find the back of the net. Happy days

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:40 pm

Town have completed the signing of Aston Villa forward Louie Barry on a season-long loan.

The 18-year-old can go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s opening day game at home to Morecambe with his deal having been completed prior to the midday deadline.

“It’s been a crazy few days and as soon as I found out Ipswich were interested, I wanted to make the move,” Barry told iFollow Ipswich.

“I felt the manager’s enthusiasm as soon as I walked in and I am really looking forward to working under him.

“The club made me feel wanted and you can tell it’s a club going in the right direction. I want to play my part and be involved.”

Town boss Paul Cook added: “Louie is such an exciting player. He really wants to play football and do well in a first-team environment.

“Our job is to provide him with a platform to build and also give him an opportunity to express himself. If it’s not tomorrow then he certainly will be involved on Tuesday in some capacity.”

Barry was a youth player with West Brom for 10 years from the age of eight before moving to Barcelona in 2019.

After only six months with the Catalonian giants he returned to the Midlands in January last year and joined Villa for a fee of £880,000.

Barry’s only senior appearance so far came in the FA Cup last season in which he also scored his first goal in a 4-1 defeat to Liverpool.

Last season, he scored 20 goals in his 26 games, including that goal against the Reds, netting five and assisted four as Villa’s U18s won the FA Youth Cup.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Got a bit of pace and likes to shoot, promising young lad, going to be plenty of striking power this season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6GkYA8ufg

Jackson, pack your bags and just go now please....