Talk sport on our neighbours …. Well I’m laughing anyway !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Talk sport on our neighbours …. Well I’m laughing anyway !

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 pm

barmy billy

Re: Talk sport on our neighbours …. Well I’m laughing anyway !

Post by barmy billy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:32 am

I wonder how many ITFC fans would be happy to do what Norwich have done?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Yes, must admit, being a Premiership / Championship yo-yo club like Norwich or WBA would be infinitely better than draws at home to Morecambe. Fk that sh*t.

#InCookWeTrust

#AndFarkeoffFarke

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:32 am
I would not like to be like Norwich, Burnley Brighton yes or be a very good Championship club with good success and giant killing in the cups.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm
barmy billy wrote:
I would not like to be like Norwich, Burnley Brighton yes or be a very good Championship club with good success and giant killing in the cups.
But surely youd take winning the championship, relegation, play off champion, relegation, winning the championship again, and the highs & Lows that come with that, ….. over Accrington Stanley games??? Come on! ??

And cue Airplane! quote.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
barmy billy wrote:
But surely youd take winning the championship, relegation, play off champion, relegation, winning the championship again, and the highs & Lows that come with that, ….. over Accrington Stanley games??? Come on! ??

And cue Airplane! quote.
Yes maybe once but not to keep going up and down but maybe with the right investment we could be a Burnley fingers crossed. :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 pm

Must be tough for them, being eliminated from some p*ss-ant competition that's provided them their only recognized trophy in 100 years + of club and team history.

Not to give them much or any plaudits, but Farke has done well for them up until now. Assembled a good team that got results and made it back to the EPL. Arguably their best coach since Mike Walker some near 30 years back. Only problem now is results have started to fade away and any initial fine record is seriously under threat. Like it or don't like it he's done well, very well, for them and proved a hit up until a certain point.

Guess all things come to an end but would be a shame if their fans turned on the name in the true sense after some notable seasons and moments of achievement.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:24 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
barmy billy wrote:
Spot on KB 👍

People barring are the bloody messiah because they get promoted to PL. But the fact they have in nearly a decade been unable to “ make a go of it” , to me, smacks of a serious lack of ambition , given that they have been handed well over£500m to build and consolidate. Even Brentford are making a bigger impact than those budgies and numerous other Clubs as you rightfully point out KB.

I’m pretty sure that when Town get back to the PL ( and we will), we’ll put up a better bloody show than that lit up the A140. Let’s be honest if Sky sport and talk sport are taking the pee, that’s a sure sign they have become a bit of a lunging stock within the game now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:19 am

In my opinion, Norwich City are creating “memories”. Like Ipswich in 2000. No one can forget that day.
They're getting championship wins, play off final wins and that is creating “where were you that day” memories.
Yes, they're being relegated. But thats also creating memories. Not all memories are good ones.

What are Ipswich fans “memories” since Europe 2002? Berra f**king it up in a play off semi? Can’t think of any “fond” memories in recent years?

If Hearts were bouncing up and down between the SPL & Champ while Hibs were f**king around playing Cove Rangers…….. i know what id prefer.

All opinion based.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:51 pm

They've lost 16 (sixteen) games in succession ? Hard not to snigger particulary with a 2 - 0 loss at Everton today.

Back in 1993 on this very day they had a 5 - 1 win there, Efan Ekoku got four, it's something you can never forget. Recall listening to commentary wondering what the f*ck was going on, (I'm certain we were ahead at one stage) didn't think back then would have to wait near 30 years to beat them on the same day at the same venue.

One last time Farke has done a commendable job for them over time but they need to think hard now and make a change while there's enough points and games left in the season. Not suggesting to hope they survive, I wish them every misfortune on the field, but just putting the issue out there.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:16 am

16 in succession lmfao, I think we are entitled to raise a snigger, its what rivalry is all about but the very fact it is neutrals and pundits who are taking the p*ss says it all, they aren't the sort of memories I want to have, a bit like our last Fifteen years.