Kieron Dyer

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ricco

Kieron Dyer

Post by Ricco » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:19 pm

I thought I'd create a post so we can wish Kieron well. News is he is in hospital 'for tests', I imagine they wouldn't normally say anything unless concerned and therefore naturally I'm concerned.

I hope it's all nothing and they find he's just suffering from a bit of shock after seeing Town card back to back wins. He's never had an easy road at any point in life, yet never takes a backwards step and bleeds for the club and town. So all the best Kieron, hope to see you back to your best at PR very soon.

Kerry Blue

Re: Kieron Dyer

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Wish him well the last time he was on TV I was thinking he didn't look well I just hope it's nothing serious.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:12 pm

Get well soon KD 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 am

Didn't he recently suffer a collapsed lung or something? Could be linked, get well soon.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:39 am

Someone on twtd said when they saw him last week that his eyes were yellow….that says jaundice, which could be Liver, any of the hepatitis variants, gall stones, alcohol (unlikely in his case). So potentially not very well at all.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:42 pm

nobody jump to conclusions, it's most likely something routine. Viewed a news item on the EADT pages and confirms Dyer has been admitted to a hospital unit with ongoing tests. Reason for visits is at best vague.

suffered a collapsed lung within the last year so guessing the issue is somewhere within those boundaries. He's young, relatively fit you would imagine and engaged in a role at the club which he holds dear. All said expect to be back to club duties sometime soon.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Get well soon Kieran! Really hope its nothing serious and he's back at the helm of the U23s soon! A true blue x

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:02 pm

He needs a liver transplant, wish him a speedy recovery.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:28 pm

Primary sclerosing cholangitis. Had to look it up. It’s rare and it’s not good. Poor chap. Best of luck to him and his family

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Oh dear, this is not good news at all …

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... transplant

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:35 pm

I think without a liver transplant it can seriously shorten life with no cure. Let’s hope a suitable donor can be found sometime soon. Wishing you well Kieron.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:59 pm

The median life expectancy after diagnosis is 12-15 years unfortunately. Or so I’m led to believe

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:22 pm

In my fairly limited understanding, I hope I'm right in thinking that as the liver is regenerative, you can transplant part of the organ from a living donor? That must hugely increase the chance of a successful transplant? I imagine a relative would be most suitable and willing to assist, I hope they find a someone suitable in quick time.

While trying not to pry in to or speculate about someone else's health situation too much, I have read that the condtion is often found in association with others such as IBD. Hopefully it's a single problem in isolation, but I do hope that he can get on top of any and all problems as soon as possible and successfully manage them for a healthy future, I wish him well.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:30 pm

Poor lad, hope he gets what is needed as soon as possible.

All the best Keiron, our best wishes to you.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:16 pm

Yes all the best wishes Keiron and wishing you a full recovery soon,

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:25 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:22 pm
In my fairly limited understanding, I hope I'm right in thinking that as the liver is regenerative, you can transplant part of the organ from a living donor? That must hugely increase the chance of a successful transplant? I imagine a relative would be most suitable and willing to assist, I hope they find a someone suitable in quick time.

While trying not to pry in to or speculate about someone else's health situation too much, I have read that the condtion is often found in association with others such as IBD. Hopefully it's a single problem in isolation, but I do hope that he can get on top of any and all problems as soon as possible and successfully manage them for a healthy future, I wish him well.
The liver can regenerate itself as long as it hasn’t been too badly damaged, however I think with Kieron’s condition a transplant is the only way forward.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:25 pm
The liver can regenerate itself as long as it hasn’t been too badly damaged, however I think with Kieron’s condition a transplant is the only way forward.
You're right, sadly transplant needed. I meant that as it regenerates, you don't need a cadaveric donor, you can use a living donor which must make the situation a far more positive one. Hard to find information on how all that works though, fingers crossed.