Fulham …

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Fulham …

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Anyone else noticing their recent run of results and goals scored ??? Bloody hell they’re on + 46 GD …. Score tonight at half time v Brum 4-1 :lol:

Ps they’ve got form for doing this … thumped Ipswich Town 10-1 in 1963 ,12 months earlier we’d been crowned Champions of English Football !

Kerry Blue

Re: Fulham …

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm

And Mitrovic has not scored yet.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 am

Amazing, 70 goals scored at this point, second place with same games played, Blackburn on 44.

I had no idea, that is pretty amazing!!!

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:59 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm
Ha yes Kerry but I guess if you concentrate on one problem that creates opportunities for others.....as Bowyer said..

'We kept Mitrovic quiet but they’ve got so many players all over the pitch - the left-back’s come and screamed one in from 25 yards'.

I'd like League 1 teams to think of Burns like that i.e. stop him playing and you stop Ipswich. It could mean much more space/time for Aluko, Norwood and Bonne.....etc

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:38 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 am
jimmyt wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:59 am
Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm
Ha yes Kerry but I guess if you concentrate on one problem that creates opportunities for others.....as Bowyer said..

'We kept Mitrovic quiet but they’ve got so many players all over the pitch - the left-back’s come and screamed one in from 25 yards'.

I'd like League 1 teams to think of Burns like that i.e. stop him playing and you stop Ipswich. It could mean much more space/time for Aluko, Norwood and Bonne.....etc
Unfortunately that didnt pan out at Bolton.
It did not. They didn't need to stop him, he did it himself.

I have no idea what the manager needs to do to even out this squad's performance inconsistency.........hero to zero one week to the next is maddening....ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 pm

They got 73 goals from 27 games thus far, alright, outside of the EPL the pace isn't as frenetic or goals may be easier to come by for some teams and forwards but all the same that is some record. It's a given they'll be promoted this season, can't see them messing up now, not with that kind of attacking potential.

Highland League appears a real wonder, in Fraserburgh (85 from 20 games) Buckie Thistle (79 from same played) while Lowlands have Rangers' B team having scored 83 goals already and they're not even placed top three in the division. Most surreal stat being Vale of Leithen : played 25, lost 23, goals scored 9, conceded 134. There's some real interesting statistics out there if you know where to find them.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:53 pm

Not too many weeks ago we were the 2nd highest scorers in English football after Fulham. At the moment we’re still joint 2nd highest scorers in League One with 47 and only Sunderland have scored more with 53.

In fact in all four English Leagues only four teams have scored more than ITFC ;

Liverpool 58
Manchester City 55
Sunderland 53
Forest Green Rovers 51

Maybe we’re not so bad after all, we just need to defend better.