Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by K L Blue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm

Just found this, seems he could have an attitude problem.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... on-6523250

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:29 pm

Its a pity Myles couldn’t slot in at PR. He was MOTM in two games last season (in fact two games i paid the £10 to watch…… i miss those tenners)…… but he was lightening up and down the left with a good whipping cross ability…… just a tad slower getting back.

“The left back who wanted to be forward”…., new movie starring Myles Kenlock.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:38 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm
Just found this, seems he could have an attitude problem.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... on-6523250
Hmmm…. Can’t get excited about this one. BC fans have said he’s not physical at all, but has a good passing range. Sounds just like another Rakeem Harper. That riposte from Pearson is hardly a glowing endorsement. Would it be better to work with players like Harper and El Mizouni and improve them rather than bring in another unpolished player? Especially to an area where we’re cram-packed with players.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Yes a bit concerning reading Pearsons comments on him, the last thing we need is someone coming in with an attitude problem, of course its only one side of things but even so I'm not overly excited about this one.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Just been talking to a BC mate, reckons Bakinson is a good player but needs some games to get fit, he can be a little inconsistent, should be ok for LG1. Im just a little wary as this has surely come off the recommendation of Ashton, not dissing him but was hoping a little more influence from the manager (thats if true and comes off).

Do not want to see him become another Cookie with some dubious signings.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 pm

After reading the Pearson part, sounds like a Pogba wannabe regarding the attitude.
But, know not a lot about Pearson. Is he full of wind & pish at times? Was he the guy who grabbed an opposing player while manager somewhere?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:13 pm

You have to ask why we are getting a player that is probably no better than what we currently have in the club. The fact he’s coming from Bristol is no surprise to me either . Would McKenna have even known about him I wonder ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 pm
Yes a bit concerning reading Pearsons comments on him, the last thing we need is someone coming in with an attitude problem, of course its only one side of things but even so I'm not overly excited about this one.
I’ve just read them and tbh it made me think Downes, when threw a paddy and didn’t want to play . We’ll have to see what happens. But it does seem a strange move from our perspective if I’m honest.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Have to agree, this one's a bit surprising. What's happened to McKenna's connections then?? Oh well, don't mean to sound negative...I just thought we'd be bringing in players of a different caliber. Good to see Kenlock moving on to the ITFC B-Team. Nice lad, but he's had loads of time to improve. Sounding like Holy may be off to Bradford. Good luck to them both.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 pm

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 pm

Well Pearson certainly didn’t pull any punches there. Must admit not overly excited about this loan signing and if Pearson’s comments turn out to be true certainly not a character that we would want in the dressing room. Just have to wait and see but at least it is only a loan until the end of the season and if things don’t seem right we can then get rid.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 pm
After reading the Pearson part, sounds like a Pogba wannabe regarding the attitude.
But, know not a lot about Pearson. Is he full of wind & pish at times? Was he the guy who grabbed an opposing player while manager somewhere?
He did grab a player around the neck and, I believe, wrestle him to the floor. I think he put it down to a bit of horseplay.

Also famous for his ostrich rant at a reporter. Brutal. Border-line psycho, but decent manager.

https://youtu.be/nnlm_DPVpng

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm

I hope I'm wrong but from what I've been reading I can't see this working saying that he should get on with Norwood 🤔 also it seems he's not consistent plays very well for a couple of games then is poor time will tell.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:22 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:44 pm
Give the boy a chance. I will reserve all judgement until I've seen him play a few times.

EADT shouldn't be posting stories about what his gobshite ex-manager says and turning our fanbase against him before he's even kicked a ball. Even if there is any truth in the rumours, everyone deserves a second chance.

Make your own minds up by what he does next. He's got my full backing until otherwise.
You’re right to say give the boy a chance. Especially since now it’s official, but it’s completely right for EADT, TWTD, whoever to post this. That’s their job. If they didn’t, it had come out anyway…. that’s social media. They’ve hardly added to Pearson’s words and given him a hard time….. just printed his comments.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Agree, we all need to give the boy a chance, after all Pearson is no Angel, a loud mouthed gobshite who was shagging the chairmans daughter as well as wrestling with a player so hardly a squeaky clean guy.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm

Yes I agree everyone should be given a chance but I would rather we strengthen in defence which we might do, I would like to see Goldson from Rangers soon out of contract and out of the team since the new manager arrived.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 pm
Agree, we all need to give the boy a chance, after all Pearson is no Angel, a loud mouthed gobshite who was shagging the chairmans daughter as well as wrestling with a player so hardly a squeaky clean guy.
:D I did google ‘ Did Nigel Pearson shag the chairman’s daughter’ and there was nothing there. His son might have …. but a different accusation. I think Nigel’s clean on that. :)
But Give the lad a chance….. the fans will shine to him if he plays well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Holy on his way to Bradford ......good luck to him

https://www.footballinsider247.com/brad ... 1642681897

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:19 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 pm
:D I did google ‘ Did Nigel Pearson shag the chairman’s daughter’ and there was nothing there. His son might have …. but a different accusation. I think Nigel’s clean on that. :)
But Give the lad a chance….. the fans will shine to him if he plays well.
It was definitely Pearson

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 am

I think his versatility may be something that McKenna likes and sees as an asset to the squad.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:59 am

I think with 10 days to go we need to sort out the LWB situation…. and whether we’re going for another CB. And the offloading of players…. especially the midfielders.

Much has been made of McKenna and his coaching abilities. We’ve got a good squad, so a bit surprised we’ve gone for Bakinson as McKenna has already a lot to work with. Interested to know who we’ll offload. Fraser looks like he will get interest as he’s a good player who, unfortunately, doesn’t fit. I think a lot of Ashton’s time will be trying to offload players.

I hope we’re clear-headed with the LB/LWB situation. If it’s unsure whether Coulsen can keep fit, it’s better to offload now and bring in someone who’s an upgrade on Penney.

Have to say our recruitment hasn’t gone to plan so far. Did we really need to give Jackson another year’s contract? Toto even, too? Too many good players like Pigott, Chaplin, Fraser, Edwards, Harper, etc not getting game time or even making the squad. Too many players fighting for the same position and we’re light in some areas. But we’ve still got a bloody good squad who should be doing better. Just hope it settles down and we get a more balanced squad.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:51 pm

This sounds what we want to hear.

Asked about Robins manager Nigel Pearson’s comments regarding Bakinson at yesterday’s press conference, McKenna said: “Obviously, I can’t speak too much about what’s happened at Bristol City or what Nigel’s relationship was with Tyreeq. I can only go from what I know and the people I have spoken to.

“As I said, there are a lot of staff here that work with him, from not just when he was in the first team at Bristol City but when he was in the academy at Bristol City, and they speak very highly about him as a person.

“Good family, good upbringing, good boy, respectful, wants to work and wants to learn. So I’ve had enough good references to be very comfortable in that side of it and the person that we are bringing into the building.

“I’ve met him this morning and that only confirms that in terms of my impressions of him, so I can only speak on what the people I’ve spoken to directly and my impressions from meeting him. We’re very happy with the personality as well as the player that we have in the door.”

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:32 pm

TWTD: One player who is among those who has been spoken about by Town is Manchester United left-sided defender Alvaro Fernandez.
While reports a fortnight ago claiming the Blues had made a loan move for the 18-year-old Spanish U19 international were premature, we understand his potential recruitment has been discussed and is something which may happen before the window closes.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ne ... ed-prodigy

Yes please...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:20 pm

McKenna was asked whether the deal was one which was already in motion before he came to the club - with the likes of CEO Mark Ashton, director of performance Andy Rolls, director of football operations Gary Probert and others at Town all knowing Bakinson from their time working at Bristol City - and whether he is the one who gets the final say on a transfer.

“Yeah, absolutely, of course,” he insisted. “Anyone who comes into the building it’s going to be my final decision on it.
McKenna's comments on our latest signing

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 am

There seems to be a nasty undercurrent emanating from Bristol City ( and their fans ) doesn’t there! I can’t believe their manager has publicly character assassinated a young player the way they have ! Unbelievable really.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Asked about Robins manager Nigel Pearson’s comments regarding Bakinson at yesterday’s press conference, McKenna said: “Obviously, I can’t speak too much about what’s happened at Bristol City or what Nigel’s relationship was with Tyreeq. I can only go from what I know and the people I have spoken to.

“As I said, there are a lot of staff here that work with him, from not just when he was in the first team at Bristol City but when he was in the academy at Bristol City, and they speak very highly about him as a person.

“Good family, good upbringing, good boy, respectful, wants to work and wants to learn. So I’ve had enough good references to be very comfortable in that side of it and the person that we are bringing into the building.

“I’ve met him this morning and that only confirms that in terms of my impressions of him, so I can only speak on what the people I’ve spoken to directly and my impressions from meeting him. We’re very happy with the personality as well as the player that we have in the door.”
I'm pleased he's addressed this and I take more notice of this than I do the comments of a bitter and thugish rat.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am
Kerry Blue wrote:

I'm pleased he's addressed this and I take more notice of this than I do the comments of a bitter and thugish rat.
Pearson's comments reveal more about him than the player he criticised. McKenna's comments confirm a sense that he is a classy, measured, strong minded, young man. The more I see, and hear, him speak the more he impresses me.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am
Kerry Blue wrote:

Pearson's comments reveal more about him than the player he criticised. McKenna's comments confirm a sense that he is a classy, measured, strong minded, young man. The more I see, and hear, him speak the more he impresses me.
I have never liked Pearson. To me he comes across as a yobbish thug who thinks he is hard. Probably insecure & not breast-fed when a baby.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm
:lol:

I have never liked Pearson. To me he comes across as a yobbish thug who thinks he is hard. Probably insecure & not breast-fed when a baby.
:lol: