Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

rossi

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by rossi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm
MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am

I'm pleased he's addressed this and I take more notice of this than I do the comments of a bitter and thugish rat.
Pearson's comments reveal more about him than the player he criticised. McKenna's comments confirm a sense that he is a classy, measured, strong minded, young man. The more I see, and hear, him speak the more he impresses me.
I have never liked Pearson. To me he comes across as a yobbish thug who thinks he is hard. Probably insecure & not breast-fed when a baby.
Or maybe he was, and that's why he's a right tit

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Simpson has been recalled, seems an odd move given we have four out and our strikers here already?

He was doing well there so just let him continue his development - unless they plan to move him out on loan to a better club?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 pm

shabba wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm
Simpson has been recalled, seems an odd move given we have four out and our strikers here already?

He was doing well there so just let him continue his development - unless they plan to move him out on loan to a better club?
Makes me think we’ll move one or two strikers on. Maybe Pigott who didn’t feature yesterday, although Jackson did. Or Norwood. Jackson seemed the likely one to move on. Something must be brewing to bring him back. Even though he’s on a good long contract, wouldn’t be surprised to see Pigott leave. He’s had no joy under both Cook and McKenna.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:26 pm

That's a shame he has done so well at Swindon I hope he's not going to be our 4th striker it could be another loan or maybe we have had an offer to buy from another club, disappointing IMO.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:26 pm
That's a shame he has done so well at Swindon I hope he's not going to be our 4th striker it could be another loan or maybe we have had an offer to buy from another club, disappointing IMO.
At least he'll be in good hands with McKenna's coaching background.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:49 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am
Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:51 pm
This sounds what we want to hear.

Asked about Robins manager Nigel Pearson’s comments regarding Bakinson at yesterday’s press conference, McKenna said: “Obviously, I can’t speak too much about what’s happened at Bristol City or what Nigel’s relationship was with Tyreeq. I can only go from what I know and the people I have spoken to.

“As I said, there are a lot of staff here that work with him, from not just when he was in the first team at Bristol City but when he was in the academy at Bristol City, and they speak very highly about him as a person.

“Good family, good upbringing, good boy, respectful, wants to work and wants to learn. So I’ve had enough good references to be very comfortable in that side of it and the person that we are bringing into the building.

“I’ve met him this morning and that only confirms that in terms of my impressions of him, so I can only speak on what the people I’ve spoken to directly and my impressions from meeting him. We’re very happy with the personality as well as the player that we have in the door.”
I'm pleased he's addressed this and I take more notice of this than I do the comments of a bitter and thugish rat.
Pearson's comments reveal more about him than the player he criticised. McKenna's comments confirm a sense that he is a classy, measured, strong minded, young man. The more I see, and hear, him speak the more he impresses me.
I think you sum up the whole think perfectly.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 pm
shabba wrote:

Makes me think we’ll move one or two strikers on. Maybe Pigott who didn’t feature yesterday, although Jackson did. Or Norwood. Jackson seemed the likely one to move on. Something must be brewing to bring him back. Even though he’s on a good long contract, wouldn’t be surprised to see Pigott leave. He’s had no joy under both Cook and McKenna.
I feel sorry for Pigott , it just hasn’t happened for him here, has it. I think there’s a really good technical player in there somewhere, but for some reason he just hasn’t shown up here.

Strikers:

Bonne is only on loan here…who’s to say we’d secure him in the summer?
Pigott hasn’t settled or made his mark, so we could try and sell him
Norwood is 31yrs old now and out of contract in the summer
Jackson , not sure what his contract situation is , but I think we’ll offload him possible in this window if not then this summer.

Simpson could have been brought back to replace whoever leaves this window , and to stake a claim on the bench. He’s raw . But he’s a right ole “unit” at this level and has the potential to be a good striker I think, but is not ready for a regular place.

It’ll be interesting to see what McKenna does.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 pm
shabba wrote:

I feel sorry for Pigott , it just hasn’t happened for him here, has it. I think there’s a really good technical player in there somewhere, but for some reason he just hasn’t shown up here.

Strikers:

Bonne is only on loan here…who’s to say we’d secure him in the summer?
Pigott hasn’t settled or made his mark, so we could try and sell him
Norwood is 31yrs old now and out of contract in the summer
Jackson , not sure what his contract situation is , but I think we’ll offload him possible in this window if not then this summer.

Simpson could have been brought back to replace whoever leaves this window , and to stake a claim on the bench. He’s raw . But he’s a right ole “unit” at this level and has the potential to be a good striker I think, but is not ready for a regular place.

It’ll be interesting to see what McKenna does.
We have a one year option on Norwood and I still think with a run of games Pigott would come good.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:58 pm

I feel Pigott is actually a better ( technically) player than Norwood … I suppose they are different types of player to be fair , but we just haven’t seen it yet. But Norwood is definitely the type of player you need at this level , but I don’t think he’d adapt to Championship level defenders .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:22 pm

I think Pigott is a very good player, best striker we have, unfortunately everything seems to have conspired against him here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:29 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm
MasseyFerguson wrote:

I have never liked Pearson. To me he comes across as a yobbish thug who thinks he is hard. Probably insecure & not breast-fed when a baby.
Or maybe he was, and that's why he's a right tit

Just seen this Gary…. :lol: :lol: made me laugh anyway …

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am

Maybe there has been interest in Simpson and he has been brought back to sell as Walton was?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am
Maybe there has been interest in Simpson and he has been brought back to sell as Walton was?
I agree with that suggestion! I bet the Swindon fans would be pleased to see him signed!

Otherwise, while not good for the player necessarily, i think i would rather have him as our fourth choice striker in place of Jackson and his much higher wages!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:44 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:34 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am
I agree with that suggestion! I bet the Swindon fans would be pleased to see him signed!

Otherwise, while not good for the player necessarily, i think i would rather have him as our fourth choice striker in place of Jackson and his much higher wages!
I can’t help feel if he’s here as back up, we’d get rid of two strikers. Jackson and another. If that’s the case, my money’s on Pigott. Pigott had interest from the Championship in the summer so maybe a club above us could afford his wages and take a punt on him.

Depends if we go back to two up top and we might need the four strikers, but we played with one (Bonne) against Accrington and you’d expect us to go again with that. Chaplin’s one who could play up front as the second striker as well.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 pm

It's interesting how a couple of posters have mentioned we played one up front against Accrington. Now i am not saying they are wrong, but the BBC said it was a 3-4-1-2 formation, with Celina playing just behind Bonne and Chaplin! I did not see or hear any of the game, even highlights, therefore i could not agree/disagree with either suggestion. However, i do like the thought of the two up front with Celina possibly sitting in that little pocket in front of the opponent's defence, especially with his vision (alla the pass for Burn's goal). What do others think? Would this set up suit Piggott? I believe it could.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:28 pm

We did play 2 up front and that was how it was reported pretty much everywhere I saw.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:30 pm

Rumour hitting twtd up under the guise of “ defo info “ is that BOTH Jackson ( permanent) and Pigott ( loan with a view to then permanent), are heading out of the Club.

We shall see I guess

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:33 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 pm
It's interesting how a couple of posters have mentioned we played one up front against Accrington. Now i am not saying they are wrong, but the BBC said it was a 3-4-1-2 formation, with Celina playing just behind Bonne and Chaplin! I did not see or hear any of the game, even highlights, therefore i could not agree/disagree with either suggestion. However, i do like the thought of the two up front with Celina possibly sitting in that little pocket in front of the opponent's defence, especially with his vision (alla the pass for Burn's goal). What do others think? Would this set up suit Piggott? I believe it could.
I think that setup also works with Aluko 'in the pocket'. He's a different player to Celina with quick feet and can play well when the marking is tight. Celina is better when there is a bit more space and he can run at the defence. I just like the idea of a system that you can you change with the right players depending on how the opposition lines up. To me it gives flexibility, so yes why shouldn't it work for Piggott.

I'm enjoying the threads on here of late, some really good discussions (and NO that's not just 'cos Marko's back!!)

although it's good to have him back of course!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Caught some highlights……. That was indeed some pass by Celina. Watched that a few times. Great vision and had it been a top Chelski or Liverpool player slotting it through that jam-packed midfield on a plate to the striker, we’d see it more.

Very lucky to have Bersant (imo) and if he is only L1 class, then ITFC might as well give it up trying to get to the Championship…………. Either that, or the Americans need to open their wallets considerably wider than they maybe anticipated.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:37 pm

jimmyt wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:33 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
I think that setup also works with Aluko 'in the pocket'. He's a different player to Celina with quick feet and can play well when the marking is tight. Celina is better when there is a bit more space and he can run at the defence. I just like the idea of a system that you can you change with the right players depending on how the opposition lines up. To me it gives flexibility, so yes why shouldn't it work for Piggott.

I'm enjoying the threads on here of late, some really good discussions (and NO that's not just 'cos Marko's back!!)

although it's good to have him back of course!
Was ordered back by the wife, Jimmy. :D

“Go back to your usual distractions and get out of my way!”
True love, man. ❤️👍👌

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Wise lady you’ve got there marko 👍 :D

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:00 pm

If they do move Piggot on to a championship club of which doubt, I think he would be ideal at a club like Millwall who play a more direct game, and that would suit Joe who would be an ideal goal poacher, similar to the Ray Crawford and Ted Phillips mold, Phillips smacks a rocket shot, ouch, goalie only parries the shot and Crawford cleans up what a team pairing they were.

But that's in the past, but I can see us letting these go, Jackson, Carrol, Fraser & Penny go they've not been up to the expectation, and maybe letting Norwood go might be good.
We need to work on a game plan for Bonne who's just not ticking the right boxes, maybe he's trying too hard and not reading the game ???? a spell in the under 23's might help him to get back on track, or why not try Simpson 11 goals for Swindon on loan and Piggot or Chaplin nothing to lose everything to gain.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm

Wimbledon have sold a forward and talk is Pigott going back on loan.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 am
Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm
Wimbledon have sold a forward and talk is Pigott going back on loan.
Just not tonight please. Imagine that!!
Even IF obviously he wouldn’t play against his parent club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:36 pm

Blues midfielder Scott Fraser is again being linked with Swansea City, who are managed by his former MK Dons boss Russell Martin, however, we understand no approach has been made to Town.

Claims that Fraser was interesting the Swans first emerged in early December and according today’s Scottish Daily Express the Welsh club are ready to make a six-figure offer for the 26-year-old Scot.

TWTD understands the Blues are yet to receive any contact from the Championship club regarding Fraser, who has made 17 starts and two sub appearances, scoring once, since signing from the Dons in the summer.

The former Dundee United, Airdrieonians and Burton Albion schemer was unavailable for Saturday’s squad as Town defeated Accrington Stanley 2-1 at Portman Road due to a minor knee injury.

Fraser is yet to feature under new manager Kieran McKenna but was on the bench for his opening game at home to Wycombe Wanderers
No loss if he goes, done nothing.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 pm

Good player , but just doesn’t seem to “ fit” at Town .

Reckon we could see going

Jackson
Fraser
Pigott ( loan?)

Could be a really good thing for Pigott . Get done games , get his mojo back then return in dimmer to fight for a place at Town .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:43 pm

Tomas Holy off to Port Vale ? Good luck fella if it happens 👍

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -port-vale

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Offers on the table for loan moves for both Harper and El Mizouni it seems and KMc is to make a decision.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... st-8650606

Think I’d be holding onto El Mizouni as he didn’t let us down and maybe even he could come in for Saturday game?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:18 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:17 pm
Offers on the table for loan moves for both Harper and El Mizouni it seems and KMc is to make a decision.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... st-8650606

Think I’d be holding onto El Mizouni as he didn’t let us down and maybe even he could come in for Saturday game?
With El Miz & Harper on £770 & £5100 a week respectively, I too would be keeping El Miz. £770 = acceptable. Harper can go sell sports socks or something. "2 pair a pounnnna!"

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:20 pm

New left back from Brentford on loan.

have signed left-back Dominic Thompson on loan from Brentford for the rest of the season.

The 21-year-old was with Arsenal’s academy from 2012 until 2019 before joining the Bees in August 2019 without having made a senior appearance for the Gunners.

The six-foot tall Willesden-born defender has made 14 starts for the West Londoners and spent the second half of last season on loan at Swindon, where he made 23 starts and two sub appearances.

“This club can give me a platform to grow," Thompson told iFollow Ipswich.

"Ipswich came on to my radar two or three weeks ago and I am really happy to have the move done.

"I spoke to the manager and the first chat I had with him really inspired me. I'm really looking forward to working with him and the group here, and hopefully developing my game.

"I've been checking the results recently and I know the team has been playing some really good football. I want to play my part now and help the group push for promotion."

Town boss Kieran McKenna added: “I’ve known Dominic for a while, having been at Arsenal as a youth player.

“He is hungry to develop as much as he can, and he has already had a loan move so has experience in this division.

“He’s a good fit for the possession because he’s a competitive defender but he can also contribute and have an impact higher up the pitch.

“Dominic is a good addition to the squad, and we’re delighted to have him with us until the end of the season.”

Thompson is the son of former Great Britain discus thrower Neville, while his elder brother Greg has also competed in the same event.

Photo: ITFC

by TaboolaSponsored LinksYou May Like
Last edited by Kerry Blue on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.