Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:57 am

I am not convinced much is going to happen tbh, sticking my neck out maybe a striker in and I get a feeling for some reason that Lee Evans may be on his way.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:30 am

Edward’s will go out, suspect TJJ might come back.

CB will be the tough one. Ideally we want a left footer and someone with experience.

I think we have all raised our expectations now due to the brilliant start.

Will be hard to get real quality in, as said we are at a different shopping Level now and the competition is much higher than it was for us being the big fish in league one.

I hope we only make the right transfers and nothing for the sake of it or rushed/panic buys. For me it’s a case of giving KM anything he wants, and if he feels he can’t get then players he wants this window then we should be patient, we might be able to pick up some good options in jan - players who aren’t getting enough minutes or such.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:39 am

John-Jules has joined Derby on loan.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41 am

Ah!

Ok - still seem free agents available https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... osespieler

Naturally they aren’t likely going to be many there linked with us - maybe further down the list someone can find some gems with champ/prem experience or such.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:14 pm

I jst think its where we are based puts us at an advantage..as a lot of footballers tend to stay around more metropolitan areas and the wags have a big say .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:29 am

Anyone else getting that uneasy feeling that we might just cash in in one of our very saleable players to give us the funds to get these 2-3 higher quality players in? I am starting to wonder if this Davis to Celtic rumour might just have some legs in it …. With the financial constraints imposed on rich owners, selling someone like Davis for a big fee, might be the only way we can raise cash to buy in our targets.

Thoughts people?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:39 am

Why on earth would Davis want to go to Celtic though? He's doing well at championship level, he's in the shop window here and getting attention, if you go up to Celtic, then you're a bit out of the picture in my opinion. Slightly closer to family and where he grew up perhaps, but it still nowhere near close!

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:20 am

I don't think we would sell for less than 10m now.

Also we don't actually seen to have any known 'higher targets' currently - i.e no rumours we are in for X player for X million etc.

I personally feel now that as we are so close to deadline day that most players/agents may hold on 2 days until then just to see if any last minute panic buyers come to the market to push up fee's/wages etc. So suspect we won't see much movement until the final day.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:29 am
Anyone else getting that uneasy feeling that we might just cash in in one of our very saleable players to give us the funds to get these 2-3 higher quality players in? I am starting to wonder if this Davis to Celtic rumour might just have some legs in it …. With the financial constraints imposed on rich owners, selling someone like Davis for a big fee, might be the only way we can raise cash to buy in our targets.

Thoughts people?
Don't think so. The club is an asset, at this stage the owners are more interested in appreciating the value rather than realising it. The club's main assets are the value of its players.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:04 pm

shabba wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:20 am
I don't think we would sell for less than 10m now.

Also we don't actually seen to have any known 'higher targets' currently - i.e no rumours we are in for X player for X million etc.

I personally feel now that as we are so close to deadline day that most players/agents may hold on 2 days until then just to see if any last minute panic buyers come to the market to push up fee's/wages etc. So suspect we won't see much movement until the final day.
Then the brown stuff hits the fan, right ! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:07 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:39 am
Why on earth would Davis want to go to Celtic though? He's doing well at championship level, he's in the shop window here and getting attention, if you go up to Celtic, then you're a bit out of the picture in my opinion. Slightly closer to family and where he grew up perhaps, but it still nowhere near close!
He is Ricco, but strange things happen in the game don’t they. IF Celtic made a ridiculous offer to us for Davis we might be tempted. Then it’s just down to Celtic to sell their club to him ….oh and Champions League football, an even bigger shop window…

I’m hoping the fact that we’ve allowed Leigh to leave , means this rumour is just that, a rumour 🤞

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 pm

I'll be shocked if we sell Davies now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:15 pm

We won't

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:46 am

Leeds striker Joel Gelhardt apparently rumoured to be interesting Town regarding a loan move.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:52 am

Nervy busy final day then guys. I think a few surprises may ensue…. Hope we get our targets.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:33 am

I thought a couple might be leaving, not even Edwards so far and if nobody leaves will any arrive ?.🤔

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:35 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:33 am
I thought a couple might be leaving, not even Edwards so far and if nobody leaves will any arrive ?.🤔
It'll all happen today - players/agents would likely have held off until today as panic buyers can arise and add mroe competion/drive up wages/fee's etc.

Suspect Edwards will go out today regardless who we bring in.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:54 am

I'm thinking tomorrow tbh, the very last day.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:59 am

ah sorry, I thought it WAS today! Agree then, everything will be done tomorrow.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:45 am

This is all going to go down to the last minute, if we do bring anyone in that is.

Must be honest its a little bit worrying, just have to trust in the management.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:46 am

https://twitter.com/pokeefe1/status/169 ... AkIaUy2npw

Not that impressed if this happens. He’s done nothing in his last loan tbh

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:18 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:46 am

He is a young player that KM rates highly. He didn’t impress at Pompey but then he was playing under Cowley and out wide which I don’t think is his best position. Hirst had a terrible loan spell at Blackburn but under KM has improved greatly, so if Scarlett does sign on loan with us hopefully KM can work some more magic with him.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:19 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:46 am

Yes agree and he's going up a division but KMc knows him and he's 19 years old, time will tell but not for me.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:22 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:45 am
This is all going to go down to the last minute, if we do bring anyone in that is.

Must be honest its a little bit worrying, just have to trust in the management.
We had got Morsy on the deadline day so there is still a bit of hope :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:57 am

Here's the article in full.....

Town Working on Scarlett Loan Signing
Thursday, 31st Aug 2023 11:18
Town are working on the loan signing of Tottenham Hotspur striker Dane Scarlett.

A number of Spurs sources are reporting that Scarlett will join the Blues having signed extended terms at White Hart Lane and we understand that to be the case. The deal could be completed as soon as today.

TWTD revealed in March that Scarlett was among the players Town had been keen on in the January window and the move comes as little surprise

Scarlett, 19, came through the academy ranks at White Hart Lane where Blues boss Kieran McKenna was U18s coach prior to his spell at Manchester United.

The England U15, U16, U19 and U20 international spent last season on loan at Portsmouth, scoring six goals in 24 starts and 16 sub appearances.

For his parent club, the 5ft 11in tall frontman has made three senior starts - all in the Europa Conference League - and seven sub appearances, two in the Premier League without finding the net.

In October last year, following the Blues’ 3-2 victory over Pompey, Blues boss McKenna revealed how highly he rates Scarlett.

“One of the only players they have who doesn’t have Championship experience is one of the best young strikers in world football, in my opinion, in Dane Scarlett,” McKenna said.

Although not on target in that game, Scarlett scored at Portman Road in Portsmouth's 2-0 victory over the Blues in the Papa Johns Trophy in November.

Scarlett will become Town's sixth signing of the summer with the transfer window closing at 11pm on Friday evening.
Not sure what to make of this, doesn't wow me but KM clearly rates him, it feels a bit like another John-Jules which wasn't great, I'd ideally prefer experience tbh.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:24 pm

From what I've seen so far as regards signings . Mc Kenna Is building a young hungry team for the future ..I could feel a bit underwhelmed. In so far as we have not taken in any experienced championship players with pedigree let alone premier ship players..it looks mckenna is going to mould a team in to his liking and what he perceives to be players that can get us in to premiership with technical ability and power and pace and goals...it would have been too much to expect us to get promoted. And if we did we would expect to be a baptism of fire unless we had that proven players to adjust and easily settle in to it .mckenna doesn't want to be manager of a yo yo club ...he wants to make sure that if we finally get there .we will have that team to keep us there .in mckenna we thrust .he is no fool

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:33 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post538991

Where are the experienced, decent central defenders though? Signing a 19yr largely inexperienced ( certainly at Championship level) loanee striker doesn’t fill me with enthusiasm atm I’ll be honest. Who is he better than in our current squad? Is he expected to replace like for like Hirst on 70 mins? Or is he yet another number 10, and if so whose place is he taking?

Where are the defenders???

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:46 pm

A Tweet on the Spurs forum suggests it's done.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:47 pm

Still nearly 36 hours to go, I'll be stunned if no CB arrives in that time.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:57 am
Here's the article in full.....

Town Working on Scarlett Loan Signing
Thursday, 31st Aug 2023 11:18
Town are working on the loan signing of Tottenham Hotspur striker Dane Scarlett.

A number of Spurs sources are reporting that Scarlett will join the Blues having signed extended terms at White Hart Lane and we understand that to be the case. The deal could be completed as soon as today.

TWTD revealed in March that Scarlett was among the players Town had been keen on in the January window and the move comes as little surprise

Scarlett, 19, came through the academy ranks at White Hart Lane where Blues boss Kieran McKenna was U18s coach prior to his spell at Manchester United.

The England U15, U16, U19 and U20 international spent last season on loan at Portsmouth, scoring six goals in 24 starts and 16 sub appearances.

For his parent club, the 5ft 11in tall frontman has made three senior starts - all in the Europa Conference League - and seven sub appearances, two in the Premier League without finding the net.

In October last year, following the Blues’ 3-2 victory over Pompey, Blues boss McKenna revealed how highly he rates Scarlett.

“One of the only players they have who doesn’t have Championship experience is one of the best young strikers in world football, in my opinion, in Dane Scarlett,” McKenna said.

Although not on target in that game, Scarlett scored at Portman Road in Portsmouth's 2-0 victory over the Blues in the Papa Johns Trophy in November.

Scarlett will become Town's sixth signing of the summer with the transfer window closing at 11pm on Friday evening.
Not sure what to make of this, doesn't wow me but KM clearly rates him, it feels a bit like another John-Jules which wasn't great, I'd ideally prefer experience tbh.
Hmmmmm - maybe KM wants to make him Captain :wink: