Who was the best summer signing?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mork

Who was the best summer signing?

Post by Mork » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:55 pm

De Vos has been impressive, but I've been mightily impressed with Horlock as well.

Hard choice I reckon....

suffolk punch

Post by suffolk punch » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:07 pm

De Vos is going to be immense for us (touch wood) - you can just see every game what a natural born leader he is from the backline and that is probably the biggest single thing we have been missing since mcGreal had an injury free run in the side or when mowbray was still playing. It seems unfair to make a new signing captain but this guy is obviously a natural captain and I'm sure he is a future captain for us once he settles in more, I shouldn't think that JR will do anything until next season though. Also impressed with Horlock and glad we now have someone in the side again who can deliver a good dead ball. Also pleased with how he speaks in the media. think him and magilton will work well together

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:12 pm

Both been good signings so far
Horlock does all the dirty work in midfield
De Vos Sorts the defence out and is big and strong

Notts Blue

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:33 pm

ive gone for De Vos , i think given time he will straighten out the defense

Allthough horlock seems to be a great signing too , im worried though that no one will able to understand him and magilton in the middle of midfield and the whole thing will fall to pieces !

Rach

Post by Rach » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:53 am

Iv gone for DeVos as he's gr8 and he's also helpd Naylor to improve. Horlock playd rly well against Gillingham, bt hasnt lookd the same in a 4man midfield wiv Dinning. Hopefully him and Jim will become the new Jim and Matty :D

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:08 am

That is such a hard choice as they are both excellent signings.....but the importance of a defending midfielder that can tackle :shock: just pips it for me.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:12 am

Hopefully the best signing will be the next one, later this week??????????

So far it's De Vos for me. I hate to think of what things would have been like had we not have signed him.

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:14 am

ShannockSid wrote:Hopefully the best signing will be the next one, later this week??????????

So far it's De Vos for me. I hate to think of what things would have been like had we not have signed him.
I just wish it was McGreal and DeVos together in the centre - that should have locked down our defense once and for all :(

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:09 pm

1978greats wrote:That is such a hard choice as they are both excellent signings.....but the importance of a defending midfielder that can tackle :shock: just pips it for me.
same here :D both have been great and it's a tough choice but i went for horlock as he is one of only a few midfielders we have who will tackle :)

chris

Post by chris » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:20 pm

I have abstained from the vote, I can't split them yet.

jono

Post by jono » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:38 pm

all i can say is that we still seem to slip goals in stupidlly but i can see improvement so i have gone for De Vos

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:52 pm

jono wrote:all i can say is that we still seem to slip goals in stupidlly but i can see improvement so i have gone for De Vos
Me too, and until we tighten up on our defence I can't see us challenging for the promotion/play off places.

counago_666

Post by counago_666 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:24 pm

How come you forgot to include Dinning in the poll!? :P LOL