Pablo On A Free

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

GavITFC

Pablo On A Free

Post by GavITFC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:29 am

I know pablo's got his critics but is this a good thing or a bad thing? I have always defended Pablo but his form and attitude are starting to get on my nerves i have always said that form is temporary, skill is permanent but Pablo just isn't performing!

Views please people.

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:51 am

GOOD THING!

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:53 am

Is he worth that much?

Jus

Re: Pablo On A Free

Post by Jus » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:03 pm

GavITFC wrote:I have always defended Pablo but his form and attitude are starting to get on my nerves.
Why? Because TWTD said so? Don't be so stupid, TWTD are painting this picture of Pablo being a totally lazy, crap useless foreign mercenary and are probbably going to call a party tonight to celebrate the good news.

According to Steve McCall, who I'd rather trust more than anyone else seeing as he is the reserves manager, despite what other people said, Pablo actually didn't play that badly on Wednesday and showed some nice touches.

Whatever you say, he'll be more of a footballer than Shefki ever will be, Shefki may try harder, but in terms of football abillity he doesn't come close to Pablo.

Also it might be nice for the club to be straight with us for a change, in their statement I see a clear indication that they are not willing to disclose what has been discussed, methinks cover up somewhere.

baxterbasics

Post by baxterbasics » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:07 pm

Jus wrote:
Whatever you say, he'll be more of a footballer than Shefki ever will be, Shefki may try harder, but in terms of football abillity he doesn't come close to Pablo.
Why is it whenever we have a Pabs discussion you bring Shefki into it? Anyway I disagree, since his first game for Town Shefki has been a more effective and influential player than Pablo. That's from watching the games, not from reading TWTD.

Rach

Post by Rach » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:17 pm

Jus wrote:According to Steve McCall, who I'd rather trust more than anyone else seeing as he is the reserves manager, despite what other people said, Pablo actually didn't play that badly on Wednesday and showed some nice touches.
But he also said (in his interview on IpsWorld) that "Pablo struggled a little bit to retain the ball" ....................

Ps. Sorry Gav, didnt notice ur msg until after Id posted about it!! :? :oops:

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:20 pm

Shefki does that every match, his control is the worst at the club but I don't see anyone moaning about that?

Rach

Post by Rach » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:23 pm

Jus wrote:Shefki does that every match, his control is the worst at the club but I don't see anyone moaning about that?
Lol, after the NottsForest game that was all people were talkin about1

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:25 pm

So seeing as Shefki's control is bad nearly every game, and Pablo's was bad for one, surely that means that if your judging someone going due to the fact they can't retain the ball and that alone, Shefki should be going too, even more so.

Rach

Post by Rach » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:31 pm

Jus wrote:So seeing as Shefki's control is bad nearly every game, and Pablo's was bad for one, surely that means that if your judging someone going due to the fact they can't retain the ball and that alone, Shefki should be going too, even more so.
Im not judging him on that, all along Iv just been saying that he should put more effort in, coz if he did that, he'd be great. I was just saying that Steve McCall also said that after the Reserves game.

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Jus wrote:So seeing as Shefki's control is bad nearly every game, and Pablo's was bad for one, surely that means that if your judging someone going due to the fact they can't retain the ball and that alone, Shefki should be going too, even more so.
You have a real bee in your bonnet about Pablo & Shefqi Jus! To be honest, they're pretty much as bad as each other in their own way, and I'd happily
see either replaced with something a little more consistent up front. Pablo
takes the stick because a) we know, from past experience he can be much better and b) he doesnt _look_ like he's really trying, whereas Shefqi, who
is to ball control what Heskey is to standing up, does at least look like he is working his socks off, even if he ain't up to much.

Neither are flatted, by the frankly poor service they receive from midfield - a bunch of high balls and poorly constructed passes, that require a genius at ball control to keep down. But right now, our front two should be Bent and Bowditch, are who clearly the form players up-front.

If we can relieve either or both of Pablo/Shefqi from the wage bill, we can get some alternatives in (I hope), so im my opinion, this is a good thing (tm).

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Jus wrote:Why? Because TWTD said so? Don't be so stupid,
No not because someone else tells me he's crap but because i have been watching Pablo for many seasons now and i think he is not giving it his all, yes he has got more skill than shefki but whats the point in having it if you're not gonna use it. we might as well still have Marcus Bent!

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:28 pm

For Fu*k Sake get off his back.

Notts Blue.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:47 pm

Pablo........
Good footballer but a confednice player he has never hit that high that he did the season he was banging them in for fun ! i think that the leauge we are in and the mentality around the club does not suit pablo currently he is under to much persere for him as a person he doesnt seem to be able to cope with pressure very well (just my opinion)

Shefki......

Not such a "talented" footballer but knows where the goal is and will bundle and throw anything to get there ! he is whole hearted player and will almost all the time cover more ground then Pablo would in 3games ! :lol: he scored just asmany goals for as as Pablo did last season and in my opinion has a gr8 chance of scoreing rthis season then Pablo who as ive already said isnt adapt to the 1st div this or end of last seaosn IMHO

2ndly can we plz stop bringing Kuqi in as a sheild in the Pablo argument when was the last time u heard some1 slate Owen and blame Rooney ? it just doesnt happen thankyou that is all lol :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Jus wrote:
GavITFC wrote:I have always defended Pablo but his form and attitude are starting to get on my nerves.
Why? Because TWTD said so? Don't be so stupid, TWTD are painting this picture of Pablo being a totally lazy, crap useless foreign mercenary and are probbably going to call a party tonight to celebrate the good news.
Agreed, but you red thew reports on here and I would of thought someone in your position would of spoken to many people about the game off the forum too.

Everything I heard was really bad, and thats even before the TWTD story was posted.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:26 pm

Jus wrote:Shefki does that every match, his control is the worst at the club but I don't see anyone moaning about that?
Shefki is also on a free, dont think Pablo is getting singled out.

As someone said you always mention Shefki, last season you were calling him one of JR's favorites, but I'd hardly say that now. Joe has already said he can leave twice.

Pablo and Kuqi are under performing, we wouldnt miss them.

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:57 pm

Dazza wrote:
Shefki is also on a free, dont think Pablo is getting singled out.

As someone said you always mention Shefki, last season you were calling him one of JR's favorites, but I'd hardly say that now. Joe has already said he can leave twice.

Pablo and Kuqi are under performing, we wouldnt miss them.
Agreed if they both go we will need another player

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:59 pm

If one of them goes we'll need to bring a player in, our squad is smaller enough as it is.

Notts Blue.