Who was your man of the match?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mork

Who was your man of the match?

Post by Mork » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:58 pm

Again, bloody difficult choice. De Vos, was as we are coming to expect, excellent. But Horlock was hugely influential in midfield, Miller had a fantastic game, and if it hadn't been for one embarassing c*ck-up, Naylor had a hugely impressive game. Let's not forget Westlake who had a superb game, and linked up most impressively with Miller a few times - they looked world class a couple of times.

Its such a hard choice - Bent was on top form, Bowditch also looked superb - Wilnis did a great job as fall in left back, and even Diallo was hugely impressive. Only usual MOTM candidate who can't really stand for it is Kelvin Davies, who basically had nothing to do.

For me, it was between De Vos and Horlock - De Vos was superb, but Horlock was hugely influential for me, and considering we were outgunned in midfield for the first 45 minutes, he made the difference.

Riviera

Re: Who was your man of the match?

Post by Riviera » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:59 pm

Mork wrote:Again, bloody difficult choice. De Vos, was as we are coming to expect, excellent. But Horlock was hugely influential in midfield, Miller had a fantastic game, and if it hadn't been for one embarassing c*ck-up, Naylor had a hugely impressive game. Let's not forget Westlake who had a superb game, and linked up most impressively with Miller a few times - they looked world class a couple of times.

Its such a hard choice - Bent was on top form, Bowditch also looked superb - Wilnis did a great job as fall in left back, and even Diallo was hugely impressive. Only usual MOTM candidate who can't really stand for it is Kelvin Davies, who basically had nothing to do.

For me, it was between De Vos and Horlock - De Vos was superb, but Horlock was hugely influential for me, and considering we were outgunned in midfield for the first 45 minutes, he made the difference.
bloody hell mork, everyone had a superb game according to that lol

the guy on skysports said it was a pretty boring game in the 1st half

Mork

Post by Mork » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:02 pm

riviera wrote:
Mork wrote:Again, bloody difficult choice. De Vos, was as we are coming to expect, excellent. But Horlock was hugely influential in midfield, Miller had a fantastic game, and if it hadn't been for one embarassing c*ck-up, Naylor had a hugely impressive game. Let's not forget Westlake who had a superb game, and linked up most impressively with Miller a few times - they looked world class a couple of times.

The first half was superb, the second half kinda died. But we did play our best football of the season so far imo, excellent stuff for the most part.

I can't really think of anything negative to say about our boys today - shame about Pablo's couple of misses, and Naylor's total c*ck-up - but even so, both played well otherwise.

bluetj

Post by bluetj » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Wouldn't say it was boring first half - bit stop start but that was really due to picky refs & the injuries.

Just wanted to say Naylor would have got my vote today if it had not been for 10 seconds of madness! But Bent worked hard the whole game and covered miles, tracked back, scored a goal... Tough, tough choice today though.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:07 pm

I chose Tmmy Miller, he just kept on driving in the midfield, got in a few tackles and was a big threat going forward! He showed some neat touches and Cardiff were struggling to cope with him. Deserved his goal and was a fantastic end to some great football :D

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:08 pm

riviera wrote:

They did play well, even though it wasn't end to end football. Without the c*ck-up goal we gave them, Cardiff didn't force Davies to make a single save.

I rate that a good performance after the last 2 games, and certainly better than Gillingham.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:58 pm

I'd better stay away in future then if they play better! :lol:

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Paul B wrote:I'd better stay away in future then if they play better! :lol:
Same with me, ive been to two games so far and not won in ether of them, the two games i havent been to we've won

Notts Blue

Tony

Post by Tony » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:39 am

Was u watching the same game as me ??

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:46 am

Tony wrote:

Was u watching the same game as me ??
Well Mork was watching Ipswich Vs Cardiff which game were you watching?

Notts Blue

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:00 am

OK my turn..

I actually believe we should give some Credit to Diallo today as well..

Ok he was not everyones flavour of the month against Derby, but played a role in at least one of the goals, and I think although he may not get my vote for man of the match He was not far off..

And also Pablo.. Again a contributor to one of the goals..

Come on be fair..

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:51 am

De Vos without doubt. Beat Earnshaw EVERYTIME and played perfect considering he was sent home from the Candian squad.

I do believe he'll make a great difference to our defence (like he hasnt already)

Rach

Post by Rach » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:53 am

I votd DeVos - he was bril :D bt I also think both Naylor + Horlock did gr8 to carry on and play rly well wiv their injuries!

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:05 pm

Dazza wrote:De Vos without doubt. Beat Earnshaw EVERYTIME and played perfect considering he was sent home from the Candian squad.

I do believe he'll make a great difference to our defence (like he hasnt already)
Heh. It was funny the way Earnshaw just gave up jumping for the ball - he didnt stand a chance up against De Vos - Earnshaw looks what, 5"8?

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:21 pm

Mork wrote:
Dazza wrote:De Vos without doubt. Beat Earnshaw EVERYTIME and played perfect considering he was sent home from the Candian squad.

Heh. It was funny the way Earnshaw just gave up jumping for the ball - he didnt stand a chance up against De Vos - Earnshaw looks what, 5"8?
LOL I am 5' 8 Mork and I felt like a giant..

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:32 pm

Earl Blue wrote:
Mork wrote:

Heh, I dunno what De Vos is in terms of height, but he towered over Earnshaw, and I don't believe Earnshaw got to one high ball - he did eventually just stop jumping for em.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:02 pm

Mork wrote:
Earl Blue wrote:
Mork wrote: Heh. It was funny the way Earnshaw just gave up jumping for the ball - he didnt stand a chance up against De Vos - Earnshaw looks what, 5"8?
Heh, I dunno what De Vos is in terms of height, but he towered over Earnshaw, and I don't believe Earnshaw got to one high ball - he did eventually just stop jumping for em.

Hes so small I did not notice he had been subbed..