Interesting Stats and Predictions

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ATB

Interesting Stats and Predictions

Post by ATB » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:30 am

If we were to get the exact same points with our remaining games as we did last year that is 50 points in 28 games, we will finish on 78 points, which in recent years will place us 3rd 4th or 5th, certainly won't be top 2... :shock:

If Norwich do the same as last year that is, 36 points in 28 games, they will finish on 70 points which most probably won't put them in the top 6... :lol: :lol:

Now the real question is, can be go better than last year in our remaining games?? Personally i think we can... I think we can go 10 points better and finish on close to 90..

I can't see us getting raided in the summer, but i can see other clubs suffering a pillage... this will obviously help our cause...

It all starts this Saturday... biggest game of the season, it's a six pointer... let that be the start of another big run...

What do u think??? Do we have a chance of equally or going better in the remaining games compared to last season :?: :?: :?:

toby

Re: Interesting Stats and Predictions

Post by toby » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:33 am

ATB wrote: I can't see us getting raided in the summer, but i can see other clubs suffering a pillage... this will obviously help our cause...
I take it your talking about the antipodean "summer" Aussie?

Presumably you mean the winter transfer window?

ATB

Post by ATB » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:01 am

toby wrote: I take it your talking about the antipodean "summer" Aussie?

Presumably you mean the winter transfer window?
bah you know what i mean!
it's summer down here!

JonnoTown

Post by JonnoTown » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:41 pm

It is very possible to only loose 6 with 2 draws, but I don't think we will. I wreckon we will come really close then finish 3rd on the last day.

We always do at home.

Number 9

Performance

Post by Number 9 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:18 pm

It's hard to judge really. I think we have a better squad than we did last year, but our defence is still questionable. We're certainly no where near being ready for the premiership, so I'm sure things will work out as they should. I'll be glad to see some cash flowing back into the club because I think Joe will need some funds if we're going to remain competitive. Primarily, those funds should be used for the midfield and more importantly the defence. I haven't had a chance to see the boy's live yet. What do other fans think about this year's display as opposed to last years???

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:49 pm

I want to see some more fight in the team... That run we went on isthe sort of football that will get us auto promotion..

Come on th town...

Trim up whilst the budgies fatten up..

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:24 pm

i think it all depends wether we manage to keep hold of the loan signings , the amount of injuries and suspensions, if they are kept at a low we should be fine.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:38 pm

faw102 wrote:i think it all depends wether we manage to keep hold of the loan signings , the amount of injuries and suspensions, if they are kept at a low we should be fine.
Very wise words. Couldnt agree more. :wink:

Alan Mahon is the key for me. I know one player doesnt make a team, but it would help to have him around. Hopefully with the share issue going on we might be able to afford him. (and the others).

I can see us reaching the play offs, wont be easy, but we'll do it.

COME ON TOWN!

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:12 pm

Yes, Mahon seemed to be involved in most of our attacks and it would be interesting to see how many goal assists he was credited with before his injury.

A shame he probably wont figure in the Sheffield game because of lack of match fitness.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:37 pm

I actually think we can get automatic with 85 points this year. There's no real standout just yet and we are only 5 off first! Last year there were runaways in Pompey and Leister, but this year it looks like it could be a 4 or 5 way battle for the two automatic's.

I predict West Bum 1st, Town 2nd from then on I don't care, as long as the budgies are a painful 7th.