my FIFTH poll

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

James the Brains

my FIFTH poll

Post by James the Brains » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:21 am

my fifth poll has arrived on your computer screen and it's packing a punch.

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:24 am

stone cold steve austin, WTF that about?

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:26 am

I voted Curbishley for the way he has turned Charlton from a small division 1 club to a comfartable and tricky premiership side

However I would still prefer Harry Redknapp, i rat ehim highly as a manager and and think he would be brilliant as England boss

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:29 am

i went with steve bruce. he has done great job at brum and seems to get alot out of his players.
unlike sven he has a great understanding of the english game and he wouldnt be afraid to go to smaller clubs to recruit players.

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:34 am

Blue Phil wrote:stone cold steve austin, WTF that about?
we all know the England team are a bunch of over-paid losers so who better to knock some sense into them than Stone Cold Steve Austin? he'd teach them the bottom line - kick as* first and ask questions later.

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:37 am

Blue Phil wrote:i went with steve bruce. he has done great job at brum and seems to get alot out of his players.
unlike sven he has a great understanding of the english game and he wouldnt be afraid to go to smaller clubs to recruit players.
Bruce and Curbishley are both valid choices but I think McLaren is the man, having being taught the ways of management by the great Alex Ferguson and having already been involved in the England setup. plus he's doing a good job at Boro.

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:37 am

James the Brains wrote:
Blue Phil wrote:stone cold steve austin, WTF that about?
we all know the England team are a bunch of over-paid losers so who better to knock some sense into them than Stone Cold Steve Austin? he'd teach them the bottom line - kick as* first and ask questions later.
erm... ok

sorry to break it to you but what "stone cold" does isnt real. its just like eastenders. btw eastenders isnt real either.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:27 am

Aaah, your 5th poll..... they just get better and better.

crikes

Post by crikes » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:43 am

When you see the list there really isn't much competition. perhaps that's why Sven is still there.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:58 pm

Steve Austin

"And that's the bottom line, cos Stone Cold said so"

toby

Post by toby » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 pm

Me!

I should be England manager, I'm ready to get into that dressing room and open a can of "whup as*" on our overpaid, nancy boys!

:lol:

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:32 pm

lol people have voted for the queen and a wrestler, yet joe royle has 0 votes.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:21 pm

I say Toby, then we would see a deliberate comedy act for once, not an unplanned one.

Mork

Re: my FIFTH poll

Post by Mork » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:52 pm

James the Brains wrote:my fifth poll has arrived on your computer screen and it's packing a punch.
I think ya all mad. England are playing some nice football, best we've had in quite some time, and generally results are going for us - we havn't lost a qualifying match in what, 12 games now ?

There's nobody else out there, and managerial consistency over a period of 8-10 years is what England need - not changing the manager again.

Sven is doing fine as far as I'm concerned, and he's our best chance of achieving something in Germany - you can't win them all, and Saturday's disaster would not have been averted regardless of who had been the manager.

Fully

Post by Fully » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:54 pm

Mork wrote:
James the Brains wrote:my fifth poll has arrived on your computer screen and it's packing a punch.
I think ya all mad. England are playing some nice football, best we've had in quite some time, and generally results are going for us - we havn't lost a qualifying match in what, 12 games now ?

There's nobody else out there, and managerial consistency over a period of 8-10 years is what England need - not changing the manager again.

Sven is doing fine as far as I'm concerned, and he's our best chance of achieving something in Germany - you can't win them all, and Saturday's disaster would not have been averted regardless of who had been the manager.
I agree but he still isnt winning the crucial games and keeps selecting our worst players eg Heskey

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:06 pm

crikes wrote:When you see the list there really isn't much competition. perhaps that's why Sven is still there.
I think McLaren is serious competition, he's got all the credentials a prospective England manager needs. Sven was and has been good for us but he isn't respected anymore by the public. he's failed at two major championships. and he's still swedish. time to go.

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:21 pm

Fully wrote:
Mork wrote:

I agree but he still isnt winning the crucial games and keeps selecting our worst players eg Heskey
I just think at this level - you can't win em all says it all - someone has to lose, and we've lost a couple of high class games against world class opponents.

I also agree on the Heskey thing, but I understand Svens's approach - he keeps players on side, and values his team moral and ethic - you only have to consider how the team have acted since he's taken over, to realise he's been very successful there - thats the reasons some players keep their places probably longer than they should...James being the current one who should be out.

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:39 pm

This Guys is messed up lol

Notts Blue

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:16 pm

Weres Mike Basset?

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:35 pm

I would go for Big Sam Allawatsit, I admire what he has achieved with what he was given.

Next up would be Curbishylylylylylylyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :lol:

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:51 pm

I'd go for Alan Hansen :roll:

Notts Blue