A poll about a possible up-coming share issue

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

A poll about a possible up-coming share issue

Post by Dazza » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:41 pm

Lets see what the interest would be like if we were within the top 6 and a small extra cash injection could give us a better chance at getting promoted...

Lets say the shares were £200 again, what would you do?

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:50 pm

I didnt buy shares last time but I would this time

Notts Blue

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:51 pm

NottsBlue wrote:I didnt buy shares last time but I would this time

Notts Blue
Same for me, last time the came at a really expensive time of the year and I wasnt sure, so I gave it a miss. About a month after I was kicking myself, I really regret not doing it! But we live and learn.

I would put in £200 without a doubt, maybe more...

NottsBlue

Post by NottsBlue » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:56 pm

Well last time i wasnt earning anything, but now im getting money off college because im doing modern apps.
So i would defo put money in this time round (if it happens)

Notts Blue

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:02 pm

Well.......I didn't buy any last time. Wrote to the board at the time and offered to invest a substantial amount of money provided that DS was not on the board. He's still there.and my money's still in my bank account.
I'd still like to invest.but no way while DS remains.

Mork

Re: A poll about a possible up-coming share issue

Post by Mork » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:06 pm

Dazza wrote:Lets see what the interest would be like if we were within the top 6 and a small extra cash injection could give us a better chance at getting promoted...

Lets say the shares were £200 again, what would you do?
I didn't last time, but I might this time, as I've had a small windfall recently.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:10 pm

I invested last time and would again. I agree with other posts that the mininum investment should be set as low as possible to enable everyone to invest what they can afford!!

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:14 pm

rossi wrote:Well.......I didn't buy any last time. Wrote to the board at the time and offered to invest a substantial amount of money provided that DS was not on the board. He's still there.and my money's still in my bank account.
Without going anti-sheepshanks again!!! You wouldn't give money to the bank if they lied about their finances and sold you schemes on lies - I am of the same opinion that I won't buy shares in a company if they are headed by a lying deceiver!!!

Yes he may be working his nuts off to right the wrongs, but what I cannot forgive was his lies. I accept the guy made some mistakes (understatement) but had he been totally truthful from the outset I am sure he would have afforded the respect and unity of the fans.

So that is why I will not give more money to the club at this present time. I don't like to see my hard earned cash thrown away just on peoples whims. Whilst I am fully supporting Royle I am not too convinced by all his signings and I would be gutted if another share issue were to bring in absolute cr*P!!!

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:33 pm

No, but I would if they were £50

i didnt last time becuase i didnt have the money and prob wont have money next time around. i got more important things to spend my money on like books for college.

crazee

Post by crazee » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:33 pm

did last time, and probally will this time depends when it falls really (who am i kidding i know id put my hand in my pocket any way :lol: )

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:57 pm

I cant afford £200 well i could, as i got loads in my bank, but i would rather spend it on myself.

I think im to young yet to invest in anything like this. My own opionion

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:08 pm

diedelia wrote:I cant afford £200 well i could, as i got loads in my bank, but i would rather spend it on myself.

I think im to young yet to invest in anything like this. My own opionion
you have to be 18 i think. but i'd just fake my age by couple months. dont think sheepshanks is going to give 2 toss if i was change d.o.b by couple months so i can invest. but i prob wont invest unless they put the minimum down to 50 quid maybe 100 but at a very big stretch.

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:10 pm

I would, but i have better things to spend my money on. £200 is 5 driving lessons!! As im only just started to learn, i cant afford it. If it was about £20, i would buy in!

But thats it!!

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:12 pm

If it was about £20 i would think about it.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:14 pm

I ordered a prospectus last time around and on the first page it says that I'm not allowed to buy shares as I am a resident of Australia - apparently it's illegal.

So I would If I could have but I can't, I spent money at the ITFC shop and bought a football, a beanie and some shirts instead. :D

Rach

Post by Rach » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:50 pm

chrisavo wrote:I ordered a prospectus last time around and on the first page it says that I'm not allowed to buy shares as I am a resident of Australia - apparently it's illegal.

So I would If I could have but I can't, I spent money at the ITFC shop and bought a football, a beanie and some shirts instead. :D
Rly?! Whys tht?!

I didnt last time, but would definately do it this time, altho if it was for over 18s thn I wudnt b able to :?

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:40 pm

the-mole wrote:
rossi wrote:Well.......I didn't buy any last time. Wrote to the board at the time and offered to invest a substantial amount of money provided that DS was not on the board. He's still there.and my money's still in my bank account.
Without going anti-sheepshanks again!!! You wouldn't give money to the bank if they lied about their finances and sold you schemes on lies - I am of the same opinion that I won't buy shares in a company if they are headed by a lying deceiver!!!

Yes he may be working his nuts off to right the wrongs, but what I cannot forgive was his lies. I accept the guy made some mistakes (understatement) but had he been totally truthful from the outset I am sure he would have afforded the respect and unity of the fans.

So that is why I will not give more money to the club at this present time. I don't like to see my hard earned cash thrown away just on peoples whims. Whilst I am fully supporting Royle I am not too convinced by all his signings and I would be gutted if another share issue were to bring in absolute cr*P!!!
I'm surprised at you guys... :shock:

If you didnt want to give any money for the first share scheme because of this reason I fully understand you, but if all the money goes to JR to invest in the team you still wouldnt support Ipswich in this way because of one man?

I'll be honest, I was staying behind at the games last year in protest of Sheepshank, not only that but I was rallying up loads of support for people all over the ground to come to the North Stand after the games, but we have to move on. We have a good season last year, and I believe we can do much better this year. I am no longer a Sheepshank hater, nor am I a great fan of his, I respect him for sticking around and trying to sort out this mess.

Will you ever forgive and forget? Or are you stuck in your ways and you'll forever hate Sheepshanks?

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:45 pm

I was once told that it is very hard to Forget but it is a little easier
to forgive ones mistakes..

If Ipswich Town were to win promotion and the club got stabilised would
those who find it hard to do both of these then consider a change of heart..

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:01 pm

Dazza wrote:We have a good season last year, and I believe we can do much better this year. I am no longer a Sheepshank hater, nor am I a great fan of his, I respect him for sticking around and trying to sort out this mess
IMO this post is spot on!!

Regardless of anyones opinion of Sheepy, surely the health and future of the club should be the main concern of us all.

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:03 pm

i would but sadly i wouldnt be able to raise that sort of money

McDonna29
Site Administrator

Post by McDonna29 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:54 pm

I'd probably put money in at about £50, I'd love to be able to put more in, but I can't afford it that's just how it is for me at the moment, but circumstances change, maybe I'd end up being able to put in more, but it could work the other way too :?

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:50 pm

Dazza wrote:
the-mole wrote:

I'm surprised at you guys... :shock:

If you didnt want to give any money for the first share scheme because of this reason I fully understand you, but if all the money goes to JR to invest in the team you still wouldnt support Ipswich in this way because of one man?

I'll be honest, I was staying behind at the games last year in protest of Sheepshank, not only that but I was rallying up loads of support for people all over the ground to come to the North Stand after the games, but we have to move on. We have a good season last year, and I believe we can do much better this year. I am no longer a Sheepshank hater, nor am I a great fan of his, I respect him for sticking around and trying to sort out this mess.

Will you ever forgive and forget? Or are you stuck in your ways and you'll forever hate Sheepshanks?
If you think that all of the money raised would be given to Joe for new players, you're seriously mistaken. Leopards don't change their spots.....once a liar, always a liar. Of course I'd like to see the team bolstered with more players.........but I refuse to part with my money to line Sheepy's pockets.