Man of the match?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Man of the match?

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:07 am

Who was man of the match?

Col-Blue

Re: Man of the match?

Post by Col-Blue » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:09 am

de vos had one hell of a game and it showed how weak we are in defence when we lost him for those vital mins

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:16 am

I think Diallo was awsume!! He was getting forward, and having so much joy getting forward. He was screaming for the ball all the time, and he looked confident and has a wicked cross on him.

But when he had that shoot, the ball came to him he was celebrating, the goal shrunk to a shoe box and woooooosh over it went. Bless him.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:18 am

diedelia wrote:I think Diallo was awsume!! He was getting forward, and having so much joy getting forward. He was screaming for the ball all the time, and he looked confident and has a wicked cross on him.

But when he had that shoot, the ball came to him he was celebrating, the goal shrunk to a shoe box and woooooosh over it went. Bless him.
The pass he sent through to Kuqi in the 2nd half was the best I have seen him make in a Town shirt. Now if only Kuqi had a first touch!

diedelia

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:21 am

Shed On Tour wrote:
diedelia wrote:I think Diallo was awsume!! He was getting forward, and having so much joy getting forward. He was screaming for the ball all the time, and he looked confident and has a wicked cross on him.

The pass he sent through to Kuqi in the 2nd half was the best I have seen him make in a Town shirt. Now if only Kuqi had a first touch!
Ah man, he cut the whole of the defence open with that pass! it was brilliant. Why Kuqi just didnt hit it hard and low 1st time as ever knows he hasnt got a 1st touch.

BlakeyBlue22

Post by BlakeyBlue22 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:29 am

Deffinatly Diallo. Just a shame he didnt get the ball enough considering how much room he had all game! :evil:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:37 am

Diallo by a mile...

Some great work down the right hand side pity his captain could
not see and appreciate it..

Donkey was Richards, if he is not bending down tying his shoe laces uop
he is being skinned somewhere..

diedelia

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:39 am

Richard, he is so small and lets the attacker take charge. You often see him get caught out by him standing there and the ball with bounce over his head. His crosses were poor, i think they lost the curl.

Bury_blue

Post by Bury_blue » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:41 am

Id say De Vos was my man of the match. Richards had a nightmare tonight. As for Diallo, Im sorry but i think he's terrible! He never looks in control of the ball and to be honest he scares me shitless when he's in a 1 on 1 situation. Yes he put a couple of good ball in the box tonight and maybe a good through ball through to Kuqi, but 9 times out of 10 he'll c*ck things up.

I realise that not everyone will agree with me but that my opinion

diedelia

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:54 am

Bury_blue wrote:Id say De Vos was my man of the match. Richards had a nightmare tonight. As for Diallo, Im sorry but i think he's terrible! He never looks in control of the ball and to be honest he scares me shitless when he's in a 1 on 1 situation. Yes he put a couple of good ball in the box tonight and maybe a good through ball through to Kuqi, but 9 times out of 10 he'll c*ck things up.

I realise that not everyone will agree with me but that my opinion
I agree to a certain estent?

He looks very disoreintated at times, and lanky, legs here there and everywere kinda thing. I agree aswell he scares me too, he is abit of a hit and hope and not bother were it goes, but going forwar he is good. He looks dodgy running with it, but puts in some good crosses. I think right back is his position, he can get forward, and dont have to do too mich defending with De Vos and Naylor covering

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:03 pm

I've gone for Ibramhimo Sonko I thought he played a blinder. We should sign him up :lol: :lol:

If that shot would have gone in it would have been a class own goal :lol:

diedelia

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:19 pm

Gaz wrote:I've gone for Ibramhimo Sonko I thought he played a blinder. We should sign him up :lol: :lol:

I went for Sonko aswell, when he came on, i thought hey up he looks dodgy, and true to my words wow, hit and hope!! Althoguth Derik Davis gave him 8 out of 10 in the ratings.

Does he watch the match?

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:34 pm

diedelia wrote:
Gaz wrote:I've gone for Ibramhimo Sonko I thought he played a blinder. We should sign him up :lol: :lol:

I went for Sonko aswell, when he came on, i thought hey up he looks dodgy, and true to my words wow, hit and hope!! Althoguth Derik Davis gave him 8 out of 10 in the ratings.

Does he watch the match?
Derek Davis is a knob, what rating did he give Richards? 9? :lol:

diedelia

Post by diedelia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:54 pm

7 i think. He rated Kuqi man of the match. And put Sonko played better than Diallo? :?

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:24 pm

I was impressed by Kuqi's non stop running....if he hadn't had chased down then we wouldn't have got our goal.

But Diallo played well, and I would rate him MOTM for last night. That ball he put through for Kuqi was sublime!

Rach

Post by Rach » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:33 pm

Diallo makes a good central defender, but I think he's wasted ther rly as his attackin play is excellent at times. Last night he played the ball excellently to get round the defender, and his crosses in2 the box r good.