Rank signing Priorities

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

chris

Rank signing Priorities

Post by chris » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:30 pm

Rank the signings we should make from the loanees - I think most of us agree that we would like all three.

I really think that the difference Bart-Williams makes to the back makes him the most important, as seen on the weekend he ran the show at the back with passion and leadership.

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:13 pm

Each in their own role are good, I would really not like to say. I like them all.

Dazza

Re: Rank signing Priorities

Post by Dazza » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:39 pm

chrisavo wrote:I really think that the difference Bart-Williams makes to the back makes him the most important, as seen on the weekend he ran the show at the back with passion and leadership.
Couldnt agree more, was nice to see someone shouting at the defence when they were mucking things up.

I say get CBW and make him captain.

freeblue

Post by freeblue » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:02 pm

As I have already said If we are to gain promotion this season then we need to keep all three of these players, they all have qualities that were missing earlier in the season and have sparked an amazing transformation since their arrival at portman road. To decide which player is more important is very difficult but in the end I voted for Bart-Williams we look much better defensively when he is in the team.

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:09 pm

ive decided not to vote on this one, as i think all 3 loanees have done a fantastic jobs, in there postion and couldnt pick out one for invidual prase as there have all been magnificant in evey game they have featured for us.
hopefully we will sign all three as they seem to be the missing link we were looking for this season.

toby

Re: Rank signing Priorities

Post by toby » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:12 am

Dazza wrote:
chrisavo wrote:I really think that the difference Bart-Williams makes to the back makes him the most important, as seen on the weekend he ran the show at the back with passion and leadership.
Couldnt agree more, was nice to see someone shouting at the defence when they were mucking things up.

I say get CBW and make him captain.
I'm totally with you guys, all the loanees have been great for us but while Kuqi and Mahon have been getting most of the plaudits I think the one that we could do with most is the Bartman as we don't have anyone who can do the same sort of job as him.

Everytime I see him I'm impressed with the way that he does the so-called "simple" things so effortlessly, he makes the tackles in midfield, he picks up the loose balls and he rarely misplaces a pass.

He's exactly the sort of player we need to protect our fragile defence and to allow our potent attack make the best of our possession.

Don't get me wrong I'd love us to get Mahon for his attacking flair and Kuqi for his effort but for me Chris Bart-Williams is the most important one.

Feel free to disagree!

Susie

Post by Susie » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:22 pm

It would be interesting to know how much each of them would cost? I agree we need Bart Williams because our defence is lacking and after the way he played Saturday I think he is the player we are most likely to buy.
It depends how much say BFJ has in it. Kuqi seems to be the one he wants.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:41 pm

Kuqi definitely - he gives us something we lacked.
Same could arguably said of CBW.
Mahon - I'm sorry but I can't see what all the fuss is about. Average player, who gives us nothing extra than we already had.

JonnoTown

Post by JonnoTown » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:06 pm

I can understand what you say Rossi,

As I have said I would like Kuqui and CBW, the reason I didn't vote for Mahon is because when Reuser is back and on form he is as good as Mahon.

But I do think Mahon is a great player and would do well for the club.