Saints Fans Seek Cup Refund

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lunchbox

Saints Fans Seek Cup Refund

Post by lunchbox » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:30 pm

Fans are asking Southampton's players to refund the ticket prices 2,400 of them paid to endure the 5-2 Carling Cup humiliation at Watford.

Supporters' group SaintsAway have written to the club asking if the players who appeared in the fourth-round debacle at Vicarage Road will stump up £30,000 as an act of goodwill.

The travelling fans will exempt third-choice goalkeeper Alan Blayney from their request but they have won backing from at least two other groups of fans for their initiative.

Beleaguered Southampton head coach Steve Wigley has gone 10 Premiership games without victory and will attempt to break the spell at home to Portsmouth, their local rivals, this Saturday.

SaintsAway official Steve Grant told the Southern Daily Echo he believed it would be a nice gesture from the players if they met the demand.

Tuesday night was truly, truly shocking. I know the players said they would swap victory at Watford for three league points but they kept to the first part of the equation too determinedly.

"It was a disgrace. They seemed to make a joke of it on the official club website but not many fans think it is funny."

source: http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/sport/arti ... 4409990013 (aol)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 003689.stm (bbc)
by the way can someone tell me how you do that quote thing please.

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:33 pm

put the text inside the tags [quote ] and [/qoote]

Dazza

Re: Saints Fans Seek Cup Refund

Post by Dazza » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:51 pm

lunchbox wrote:by the way can someone tell me how you do that quote thing please.
You highlight the text and click the "Quote" button which is just below where you type the subject.

Or as can type is manually, as Hermes said its like this:

Code: Select all

[quote]This would be in a quote box[/quote]

superchef

Post by superchef » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:52 pm

Being a Ipswich Fan living in Southampton,i actually feel the Saints fans have a valid point this time around. A few of my mates went to the Match and mentioned that Saints played like a Sunday league team.. :lol:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:26 pm

To be honest many of us town fans thought about asking our
club for our ticket and coach fare back after the Donny Rovers game.

Yes I sympathise with the fans if they feel their team did not
perform..

I felt the same at Doncaster....